Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2023, 04:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Write That TBBT Episode #1

Now that the show is over, but events are still happening, I thought we could do a thread where we make guesses about how the show would have incorporated things from the real world into the episodes. Example: the recent stuff with the government apparently 'admitting' that aliens are real. There'd probably be a reference to that in a new season.

But let's go with one with more fodder: Barbie/Oppenheimer NOTE: as these are movies and not scientific breakthroughs, please do not give out any spoilers in your ideas for the first month that these movies are out - trailers may be discussed as promos were allowed back when TBBT was on. We also can ignore the time of year (such as, stuff that happens late spring/mid summer may not be referenced as they'd be dated by the time new eps are released).

My predictions for how the show would have handled the Barbenheimer phenomenon.

1. The characters would argue over if they'd see both movies together, and if so, in what order.
2. The guys would want to see Oppenheimer and the girls Barbie. Sheldon and Howard would be miffed that their girlfriends who are scientists want to see Barbie moree. Someone makes a dig at Penny.
3. Leonard wants to see Oppenheimer, and Penny wants to see Barbie. Neither want to see the other movie. So they go to see Barbie. They arrive at the theater and while finding their seats discover that Raj is there unironically. Show probably makes some mildly offensive jokes about Raj's sexuality and masculinity.
4. Amy wears her tiara when she goes to see Barbie.

Feel free to add your own and/or get into how you feel the show would be handling other parts of the current real life - figured we could get a little creative and spice up this board a little with some new content.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 07:37 AM
Master Fan

Great idea for a new thread, Nicole.

The writers would definitely dedicate an episode to the Barbenheimer phenomenon. And I can totally see your predictions as part of the script.

I can really see Raj before my mind's eye, sitting in the theater eating popcorn, eagerly waiting for the Barbie movie while the others arrive. And they are not really surprised to see him there.

Leonard: "Am I like the dryer sheets of your heart?"
Penny: "Better. You’re the lint trap of my love."
~Martin~
*luminous* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I also think Raj would walk away from Barbie (being vague here for spoiler reasons) feeling like he's made a breakthrough in how to be happy in life but then immediately following this revelation, something would happen that would make him fall back into his old character traits again - because the writers loved doing that with Raj, much to my frustration.

Old 08-03-2023, 03:24 AM
Master Fan

I still need to see the movies.

Great idea for a new thread
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2023, 06:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I've seen Barbie, don't plan to see Oppenheimer, but at least that being a true story I already know what happens

Old 08-08-2023, 05:40 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
predictions for how the show would have handled the Barbenheimer phenomenon.
1. They argue as you said and finally they'll all go to the same movie theatre and split into girls/Barbie vs boys/Oppenheimer.

2. Penny agreed to see Oppenheimer because she liked Cillian Murphy in Peaky Blinders and can't stop making comments about him during the movie without any interest about the story to Leonard's annoyance.

3. Amy and Bernadette make a plan to trick their husbands into watching Barbie
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread