Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-19-2014, 04:10 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
I think that's why it took me so long to connect the song to LP - because they're in such a drastically different place now, so I don't immediately associate those types of songs with them anymore.
Yeah if I listen to songs that I associated with them back then, I'll still think of them, but if it's a song I hadn't connected to them before, I usually won't now since they aren't at that point anymore.

Old 10-19-2014, 10:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Yeah if I listen to songs that I associated with them back then, I'll still think of them, but if it's a song I hadn't connected to them before, I usually won't now since they aren't at that point anymore.
Same - and like you said earlier, it's kinda weird to listen to those songs now. Cause part of me still will think LEONARD/PENNY, but all the same angsty feels aren't there anymore.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 10-20-2014, 01:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Same - and like you said earlier, it's kinda weird to listen to those songs now. Cause part of me still will think LEONARD/PENNY, but all the same angsty feels aren't there anymore.
Can we get a "Hallelujah"?
Old 10-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Can we get a "Hallelujah"?
HALLELUJAH!

Old 10-20-2014, 05:41 PM
Master Fan

They were so gosh darned adorable tonight, I don't even know where to start.

FRAME, SEX ON THE MONEY, HUG, SPENDING THE REST OF THEIR LIVES TOGETHER, JOIN ACCOUNT, HAND HOLDING.

I'll be back.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:44 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:

FRAME, SEX ON THE MONEY, HUG, SPENDING THE REST OF THEIR LIVES TOGETHER, JOIN ACCOUNT, HAND HOLDING.

I'll be back.
IT WAS PERFECT.

Old 10-20-2014, 05:49 PM
Master Fan

And then Penny laughed loudest at Leonard's jokes in the intro. And Leonard's, "You sure are, baby!" "You two want to be left alone?"
Old 10-20-2014, 05:56 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:

I'll be back.
Well, I liked the plot, but there were some bits I really did not like. For example in the beginning where she's telling him about the car. Don't know how that's "great news" for him, especially since Leonard doesn't really care about money and she's acting all happy and then she's confused because he doesn't look happy at all. I mean, what was she expecting?

And, again, they are picturing Leonard as someone who's bad in bed. It's just contradictions all over the place. We know from earlier seasons that he's not bad at all. Little things, but they are just so annoying IMO.

Loved the handholding when they were at Howard and Bernadette's apartment, but the scenes in Penny's apartment felt rushed.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Well, I liked the plot, but there were some bits I really did not like. For example in the beginning where she's telling him about the car. Don't know how that's "great news" for him, especially since Leonard doesn't really care about money and she's acting all happy and then she's confused because he doesn't look happy at all. I mean, what was she expecting?

And, again, they are picturing Leonard as someone who's bad in bed. It's just contradictions all over the place. We know from earlier seasons that he's not bad at all. Little things, but they are just so annoying IMO.
Well to Penny's mind, her being able to pay him back for things is a good thing for their relationship, balancing it out and such. While, it's true, we see Leonard doesn't care about the money, I don't think his expression in the past has been extreme enough for her to believe that he'd be upset by getting paid back for the car. But it's something they've discussed now and realize. It doesn't bug me since Penny didn't do it maliciously; she genuinely thought he'd be happy, and even cared enough about the significance of him giving her the car by getting that picture frame for it.

As for Leonard being bad in bed, obviously the sex isn't awful and they have a good time, but sex isn't always amazing every time. Sometimes there are moves you just don't like, or things don't sync up as well. Although, if we're comparing it to 3.05 as a contradiction, Leonard says he's not really a genius because he googled how to do that. So, really, if he doesn't usually google how to do things, then it would make sense that he wouldn't be considered a "genius" every time. And then for Leslie calling him a magnificent beast, different people like different stuff. It wasn't enough to keep her coming back, but Penny's here to stay for the sex and a whole lot more. Anyway, long winded answer, but those are just my thoughts on it.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:21 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Well to Penny's mind, her being able to pay him back for things is a good thing for their relationship, balancing it out and such. While, it's true, we see Leonard doesn't care about the money, I don't think his expression in the past has been extreme enough for her to believe that he'd be upset by getting paid back for the car. But it's something they've discussed now and realize. It doesn't bug me since Penny didn't do it maliciously; she genuinely thought he'd be happy, and even cared enough about the significance of him giving her the car by getting that picture frame for it.

As for Leonard being bad in bed, obviously the sex isn't awful and they have a good time, but sex isn't always amazing every time. Sometimes there are moves you just don't like, or things don't sync up as well. Although, if we're comparing it to 3.05 as a contradiction, Leonard says he's not really a genius because he googled how to do that. So, really, if he doesn't usually google how to do things, then it would make sense that he wouldn't be considered a "genius" every time. And then for Leslie calling him a magnificent beast, different people like different stuff. It wasn't enough to keep her coming back, but Penny's here to stay for the sex and a whole lot more. Anyway, long winded answer, but those are just my thoughts on it.
Sure, she thought it would be nice to pay him back, but she just swept it under the rug like it meant nothing to her. She could've been at least a little more sensitive about it. And, yeah, the picture doesn't really make up for it (at least for me), because it's so old and it looks like they googled for some white car and shopped Leonard and Penny in front of it. I'm really mad at them for this one.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FileXxX (View Post)
Sure, she thought it would be nice to pay him back, but she just swept it under the rug like it meant nothing to her. She could've been at least a little more sensitive about it. And, yeah, the picture doesn't really make up for it (at least for me), because it's so old and it looks like they googled for some white car and shopped Leonard and Penny in front of it. I'm really mad at them for this one.
I thought the picture was being sensitive to it, she just teased him a little first before coming out with it. As for the crew using an old picture, that isn't really on Penny or diminishes her gesture, since in show it can't be seen as her reusing the same picture since the one on her fridge has their lower bodies cut off, and in this one with the car they're in full view.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't think she brushed it off - I mean she actually thought to get that picture framed - which shows that she was definitely thinking about Leonard's feelings.

As for the picture, no matter how lazy the prop department/whoever was responsible was about it, Penny did not image google a car and photoshop a picture of Johnny Galecki and Kaley Cuoco on a photoshoot in front of it. In that TBBT universe, the picture exists and Penny put effort into it.

And honestly, she was just being practical. She doesn't need two cars right now.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Master Fan

Yeah, I mean I don't think you can deny how touched Penny was by Leonard getting her that car. And then to plan out having the picture framed, with "best fiance ever" on it, and surprise him with it shows that. It also connects well with her memory box; she could never keep that car forever, even if she had it for years, but she's keeping the memory.

Also, it's now my headcanon that Leonard and Penny just love doing that promo pic pose so much that they just keep doing it in pictures.
Old 10-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Yeah, I mean I don't think you can deny how touched Penny was by Leonard getting her that car. And then to plan out having the picture framed, with "best fiance ever" on it, and surprise him with it shows that. It also connects well with her memory box; she could never keep that car forever, even if she had it for years, but she's keeping the memory.

Also, it's now my headcanon that Leonard and Penny just love doing that promo pic pose so much that they just keep doing it in pictures.
This post gives me so many fuzzies.

And I kinda love how she put "best fiance ever" when he wasn't her fiance when he bought her the car.

Old 10-20-2014, 06:42 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
I thought the picture was being sensitive to it, she just teased him a little first before coming out with it. As for the crew using an old picture, that isn't really on Penny or diminishes her gesture, since in show it can't be seen as her reusing the same picture since the one on her fridge has their lower bodies cut off, and in this one with the car they're in full view.
I wasn't blaming Penny, since that would make no sense, but it kinda ruined the moment for me. I can't really be happy about that picture, knowing how little effort they were putting into it. The gesture is cute nevertheless!

And looks like the site I usually get my episodes from takes forever, so no screencaps from me tonight.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread