Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmarisolx (View Post)
It's no secret I dig the Shamy, so... glad to be here. And thank you.
No worries! Do you read the fanfics as well as write? I still can't access your new one on ff.net... very strange! Hopefully they'll fix the error soon!!
Old 02-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

TFTNT! Getting so close to thirty!

And welcome to the Shamydom, Marisol.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLauren (View Post)
No worries! Do you read the fanfics as well as write? I still can't access your new one on ff.net... very strange! Hopefully they'll fix the error soon!!
I do read, though not as much as I write. Also, I read fics from all ships and gen fics of TBBT, except for Shenny, with the rare exception.

Several people have complained that they can't see my ficlet. It opened up for a few hours earlier today, and Anjelica and another reader made it through to leave a review (I don't know if anyone else read it), then it closed back up. I've filed a complaint... we'll see. Incidentally, it's posted at Nicole's LJ (sheldon-amy), so you can read it there. I posted it at AO3 .

Last edited by xmarisolx; 02-01-2012 at 02:55 PM Reason: I just posted it at AO3
Old 02-01-2012, 02:59 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
And welcome to the Shamydom, Marisol.
Thanks for having me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueffelkeks (View Post)
TFTNT!
And please put me on the list, too!

I'm finally at home. Today I talked with a friend of mine. She's at the third season of TBBT and knows nothing about Amy yet. She said that she wonders if Sheldon will making out with Penny sometimes. I just grinned and said that there's a big change at the season final and in season 4. But I spoilered nothing, she's just curious now. I wonder if she'll become a Shamy fan too!
I feel like I've told this story before, so stop me if you've heard this one... but it's almost been a year to the day since I finished watching all of TBBT in a span of about 9 days. The last episode at that time was "The Love Car Displacement" and I was (1) completely taken with the show, and (2) a die-hard Shamy shipper, which even though I've had years in fandom, I'd never really shipped a couple before. I'd been casual fans of couples (like Crosby/Jasmine on Parenthood, or Lana/Lex on Smallville) but never really had an OTP.

The thing is, I used to watch Chuck hardcore (I shipped Charah, too, but you know, that was the point of the show. It wasn't a real ship.) and used to be a major gym rat--one of those ritzy gyms, too that had like 20 TVs and you adjusted your personal audio from your machine. So me and my sisters would be lined up on the elyptical machines and they'd been yelling at me to turn my earplugs to TBBT, and I'd be yelling at them to watch Chuck. Well, 2010/2011 was my year of marathoning TV shows, and when I ran out of 'em, I decided to watch TBBT. And, as they say, the rest is history. Within the week, I started writing "The Neurotransmitter Derivation" and I've been shipping Shamy ever since.

*Sigh*. I sooo dig the Shamy.

Last edited by xmarisolx; 02-01-2012 at 03:16 PM Reason: added my shamy story
Old 02-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Absolute Fan

once the Shamy sucks you in, there is no coming back to "normal" life..but thinking about it.. who wants that? Shamy is so much better.

I really think it's deliberate, Amy being a Neurobiolologist and Sheldon being a Theoretical Physicist, they have working knowledge of the universe AND the human brain, allowing them to play with our minds and forcing us to act on their wimsy... now that I think about it,they would make the PERFECT supervillain pair... mueheheheheheh,

but they just show themselves so cute and cuddly and perfect that we just wanna hug them... untill it's too late.. muehehehehe

haha sorry, it must be the medication
Old 02-01-2012, 04:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
once the Shamy sucks you in, there is no coming back to "normal" life..but thinking about it.. who wants that? Shamy is so much better.

I really think it's deliberate, Amy being a Neurobiolologist and Sheldon being a Theoretical Physicist, they have working knowledge of the universe AND the human brain, allowing them to play with our minds and forcing us to act on their wimsy... now that I think about it,they would make the PERFECT supervillain pair... mueheheheheheh,

but they just show themselves so cute and cuddly and perfect that we just wanna hug them... untill it's too late.. muehehehehe

haha sorry, it must be the medication
Your post is making me laugh so hard. And, agreed. They're the most adorable pair of potential supervillains ever.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
Your post is making me laugh so hard. And, agreed. They're the most adorable pair of potential supervillains ever.
Who knows? Maybe she's one lab accident away from becoming a supervillain too.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Oh, I have no doubt that she is.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:33 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:

Specially Bernadette's lab.. we know how prone she is to those little "accidents"
Old 02-01-2012, 04:59 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
Specially Bernadette's lab.. we know how prone she is to those little "accidents"
oh yes! Perhaps some special Tuberculosis or Yersinia pestis. (I love microbiology!)
Old 02-01-2012, 05:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Spazzing right now because Marisol is in the haus! OH my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!!!!
I think it's been established that we've been promoting The Gamete Indeterminacy every time an update will show up! Lol! I miss those days when I will cling on to anything with a net connection and see if there's a new chapter up.

Quote:
You don't know how much accurate you are [and I hope your arm will feel better soon. ouchies]. There really is no ctrl+z for shipping the Shamy. And one of the benefits that I got in this forum is that I was able to practice my English-speaking skill that's been in the gutter for the past 2 years.

That said, this forum developed my analytical edge and the consideration of many possibility based on the given facts. Yesterday, I got my midterm exam result. It was in my Law class (civil code and stuff) and there were only five questions/situations (worth twenty points each) that we had to defend/prove based on the Civil Code. I was late so I wasn't able to finish my answer to the last question. I thought I got most of my defense and explanation incorrectly but came the result and I still earned 90 points.

I seriously love this thread. So, so much.

Speaking of supervillains, maybe Amy will eventually turn into Fuzzy Fingers Fowler?

Last edited by rubyanjel; 02-01-2012 at 05:22 PM
Old 02-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi Marisol! I'm a fan of your fics, too Back when there were only, like, three Shamy fics in existence I used to get a fix every other day from Coitus Consideration. Welcome!

Icon by BlackWhiteRose
Old 02-01-2012, 05:51 PM
Part-Time Fan

Aaaand Lauren's topic suggestion - rejected....

I think I have read every Shamy fanfic out there now...feeling quite sad. Need to go work on mine me thinks...
Old 02-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Passionate Fan

TFTNT!!

Hi Marisol! Awesome to have you here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
TFTNT!
I agree that 'whether you see it or not is irrelevant' has been the most intriguingly special line from Sheldon about the Shamy! Especially because it's a physics point.
True that.

Oh, now I want Amy to make a biology point.

Quote:
I'm finally at home. Today I talked with a friend of mine. She's at the third season of TBBT and knows nothing about Amy yet. She said that she wonders if Sheldon will making out with Penny sometimes. I just grinned and said that there's a big change at the season final and in season 4. But I spoilered nothing, she's just curious now. I wonder if she'll become a Shamy fan too!
My friend is also at Season 3, and has love/hate feelings for Sheldon. She really, REALLY loves Leonard. When I told her that Sheldon/Penny is paired online she was... well, shocked. And she's of the opinion that he'll never, EVER have a girlfriend. But I told her to wait and see. The reason I'm afraid that she won't like the Shamy is because she might love Amy too much and think she's too good for Sheldon.

Quote:
Got a far-fetched topic of conversation for everyone: What if Amy's pseudo-fiance decides he wants to marry his bride? How would that be handled? And what would Sheldon do? I know it was kinda a passing comment but I could possibly see the writers using that for a humourous storyline! Aaaaaaaaaaaand discuss!
Oh, you mean Prince Faisal?

Personally I want a showdown of cowboy hats versus desert veils, spurs versus curly toed shoes, pistols vs scimitars, horses vs. camels. Cowboy!Sheldon, mrowl!
Old 02-01-2012, 06:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Aaaand Lauren's topic suggestion - rejected....

I think I have read every Shamy fanfic out there now...feeling quite sad. Need to go work on mine me thinks...
Actually I meant to comment on your idea and I got distracted This thread moves too fast! It's both bad and good, I think. I would love to see the Prince come back to claim his kind-of fiance Or try to, anyway. What if he has...gasp...a Relationship Agreement?!! Sheldon would be horrified.

Icon by BlackWhiteRose
Closed Thread   Post New Thread