Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I love that art beyond words.

Old 12-01-2011, 09:47 PM
Loyal Fan

I was catching up with the thread and I'm amazed at your harp/theremin discussion.

Yes, it's so amazing they used the same way to cope with their sadness. Now I've realized we know Sheldon dislikes harp music, but what would Amy thought of the theremin? what if she actually likes it?..... or his throat-singing?

Maybe they would find a common way of expression with music, what about Shelly playing the piano and Amy singing?..... it will surely take some alcohol to get them there, but surely would be a sight to behold!
Old 12-01-2011, 09:50 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyele (View Post)
I was catching up with the thread and I'm amazed at your harp/theremin discussion.

Yes, it's so amazing they used the same way to cope with their sadness. Now I've realized we know Sheldon dislikes harp music, but what would Amy thought of the theremin? what if she actually likes it?..... or his throat-singing?

Maybe they would find a common way of expression with music, what about Shelly playing the piano and Amy singing?..... it will surely take some alcohol to get them there, but surely would be a sight to behold!
Why do two songs come to my mind with that scene? Amy singing:

Brass in pocket - The Pretenders

or

I touch Myself - The divinyls

Last edited by Sursonica; 12-01-2011 at 09:56 PM
Old 12-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That second episode always makes me think of the Friend ep "The One Where Monica Sings."

Old 12-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
Why do two songs come to my mind with that scene? Amy singing:

Brass in pocket - The Pretenders

or

I touch Myself - The divinyls

When Mayim said in her FB that she was going to play harp again before TIP, someone actually suggested "I touch myself" and I think she replied sorta-approvingly!
I'm already picturing our vixen singing intently to Shelly and..... I just want to see his face reacting to it! I guess it would depend of the amount of alcohol involved the level of freaking-out he will show.
Anyway, it would be the most epic moment ever!

So, it must happen
Old 12-02-2011, 12:29 AM
Addicted Fan

Yanina - the Shamylove procession is so awesome. Would definitely like to see more Shamycentric fan art!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockyele (View Post)

As soon as I read that, somehow it reminded me of how Mayim said in their interview that Jim and her are both musical-minded. Maybe Sheldon and Amy are, too? Sheldon dislikes the harp just because of his childhood issues, but we know he likes playing the theremin as well as the piano (when drunk ) and he does express emotional states with music and singing. Well, he even composed the 'there once was a brave lad named Leonard' song on the spot, and he believes in increasing productivity through sea shanties.

Some sort of duet is definitely in order!
Old 12-02-2011, 05:23 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)

Some sort of duet is definitely in order!
There definitely has to be. We've figured out far too many reasons why it's a good idea for it not to happen.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Absolute Fan

They could totally prepare a number for Howard & Bernadette's wedding
Old 12-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sursonica (View Post)
They could totally prepare a number for Howard & Bernadette's wedding
That would be great! Though I think they're more likely to prepare a combined seminar on the socio-scientific origins of marriage and the joys (Amy) and dangers (Sheldon) of socially approved coitus.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:02 AM
Master Fan

Do you remember the episode from the 2nd season when Beverly appeared?
He proposed to her to "sing" (if it was sing ), I would like to see Sheldon and Amy singing like Beverly and Shelly did in that episode. And because Sheldon thinks it is quite satisfying.

I agree, there are a lot of things that indicate that a duet would happen
Old 12-02-2011, 07:04 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigilove (View Post)
Do you remember the episode from the 2nd season when Beverly appeared?
He proposed to her to "sing" (if it was sing ), I would like to see Sheldon and Amy singing like Beverly and Shelly did in that episode. And because Sheldon thinks it is quite satisfying.

I agree, there are a lot of things that indicate that a duet would happen
Oh yes, Sheldon tempted her with 'it leads to a remarkable release of endorphins'. - 'you're appealing to the neuroscientist in me'. He could do the same with his favorite neurobiologist too.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:17 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomita (View Post)
Oh yes, Sheldon tempted her with 'it leads to a remarkable release of endorphins'. - 'you're appealing to the neuroscientist in me'. He could do the same with his favorite neurobiologist too.
Sheldon told this to her
Quote:
Normally, I'd feel the same way. But based on everything I've observed about us, I can't help but speculate we'd be very good together.
Can Sheldon do the same with (yes, his favourite) a neurobiologist? Sheldon feels comfortable with Amy (like with Beverly), so they are prepared to do that.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I miss the best conversations while I'm in class! Amy is so his favorite neurobiologist. And I could so see them preparing a wedding lecture for Howard and Bernadette.

Old 12-02-2011, 11:47 AM
Absolute Fan

I found this gif and it reminded me of the conversations we had a couple of pages ago about the monkeys

and since we're at it:

Old 12-02-2011, 12:01 PM
Addicted Fan

Lol, that scene has me in tears every time. Jim's expressions are magic, not just Sheldon's hands.

Somehow the way he says the 'monkeys' comment makes me aww, even though it's just bitchiness. There's something rather sweetly couple-y about that crib.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I miss the best conversations while I'm in class!
I miss most of it while I'm sleeping, since I'm shifted by half a day from most of you!