Old 11-06-2015, 02:01 PM
Total Fan

I'm away for 12 hours and we're already 44 posts in

TFTNT!

~ Katie
Old 11-06-2015, 02:04 PM
Ultimate Fan

I've been thinking about something...

I think that last night's episode confirmed that emulating Spock's logic and lack of feelings were Sheldon's way of escaping his childhood pain of being bullied and just about any emotional situations. When he's overwhelmed by feelings he tries to 'calm down' (for a lack of better term that I can come up with ) by escaping into his geeky interests. I think that that might be why he brought up the Flash while making out with Amy on their anniversary. He was so happy (and aroused ) that he just had to 'calm down' or else he might lose control of himself, which he hates.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Master Fan

Jesicca Radloff wrote a review
Big Bang Theory Recap: Will Sheldon Propose to Amy?: Glamour.com
curious what Mayim will say in the interview, she is announcing

... and another thing I'm not sure about. Jessica says it's Dave from last weeks epsiode but in the press release they call Stephen Merchant, Ethan. I wonder if it's really the same guy

~Susanne ~
Old 11-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Jesicca Radloff wrote a review
Big Bang Theory Recap: Will Sheldon Propose to Amy?: Glamour.com
curious what Mayim will say in the interview, she is announcing

... and another thing I'm not sure about. Jessica says it's Dave from last weeks epsiode but in the press release they call Stephen Merchant, Ethan. I wonder if it's really the same guy

~Susanne ~
Old 11-06-2015, 02:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think that 'Ethan' might have been a fake name, like how Amy was announced as 'Victoria' when she was initially set to appear

And thanks for sharing Off to read it now

Edit: Ok I'm done reading it and I just wanted to mention this part

Quote:
In most cases, everyone would have been hollering and hooting for the character (and maybe they did and the producers decided to do away with it).
I read from someone who went to the taping that the audience did in fact scream when Sheldon announced that he was gonna go propose to Amy but then they were asked not to do it on the next take.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:37 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
I've been thinking about something...

I think that last night's episode confirmed that emulating Spock's logic and lack of feelings were Sheldon's way of escaping his childhood pain of being bullied and just about any emotional situations. When he's overwhelmed by feelings he tries to 'calm down' (for a lack of better term that I can come up with ) by escaping into his geeky interests. I think that that might be why he brought up the Flash while making out with Amy on their anniversary. He was so happy (and aroused ) that he just had to 'calm down' or else he might lose control of himself, which he hates.
Nice theory IceBerry! He did something similar with the controllers lighting up comment when they kissed that other time.

I always thought that Sheldon brought up the subject of committing to a tv show as a way to broach the topic of commitment in general. A terribly awkward way to start a proposal, but it seems like something that would make sense to him.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I think that 'Ethan' might have been a fake name, like how Amy was announced as 'Victoria' when she was initially set to appear

And thanks for sharing Off to read it now

Edit: Ok I'm done reading it and I just wanted to mention this part

I read from someone who went to the taping that the audience did in fact scream when Sheldon announced that he was gonna go propose to Amy but then they were asked not to do it on the next take.
Yeah, that totally would've messed up the feel. They often do ask people to calm their reactions, or just laugh or clap - not "ooh" and "ahh".

I didn't know Amy was first named Victoria.

Thanks for the link Susanne.

Jane - good point about the childhood bullying thing. I liked that they brought up Billy Sparks again. Nice to get more insight - or more confirmed insight - into Sheldon's psyche and the origins of why he is the way he is. Looks like they're really exploring and unraveling him.

This whole storyline to me is a positive one for Shamy - am I the only one who sees it that way? When I hear Sheldon's devastated (which we knew anyway) that tells me things are going to change, because they're not going to leave a central and most beloved character devastated for the rest of his life. When we see him witness Amy kiss another guy, that seems like a climax - or a step towards a climax in the story - and what follows is resolution. Okay, they don't do things in a standardised way like that, but the issues are being addressed and this looks to me like things getting worse before they get better. If Shamy were going to be left permanently apart they'd be giving us storylines to help us come to terms with and accept that new reality. They're not. They're making the core of the audience desperate to see them back together (not that that was necessary either). This episode left me more hopeful, not less.

Also, can we please not forget what this episode taught us more than anything, is that Sheldon still wants to marry Amy.
Next thread suggestion (which will probably be tomorrow at this rate ): Because Sheldon still wants to marry (/propose to) Amy.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Ultimate Fan

I love your suggested title Vicky
Old 11-06-2015, 02:57 PM
Master Fan

Jane - are you saying he's not called Ethan? Why didn't they change it in the PR, I wonder. For that matter, why did they rename him?

Nervous about Mayim's interview next week.
Old 11-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Master Fan

Like that title too.

I'm not so worried about Shamy either, my problems are more that they prolonging this storyline so much and that they don't have any proper storyline for Amy and that she became so boring.

And I'm missing my quirkie, extraordinary, unusual couple

~Susanne ~
Old 11-06-2015, 03:02 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Jane - are you saying he's not called Ethan? Why didn't they change it in the PR, I wonder. For that matter, why did they rename him?

Nervous about Mayim's interview next week.
That's exactly what I'm saying Vicky And I guess sometimes new characters are just first revealed via fake names? It happens.

And Susanne, ME TOO!!!

Reconciliation could not come sooner
Old 11-06-2015, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
That's exactly what I'm saying Vicky And I guess sometimes new characters are just first revealed via fake names? It happens.

And Susanne, ME TOO!!!

Reconciliation could not come sooner
Makes me laugh every time I see that foot tapping smilie.

Maybe it was deliberate as 'Dave' had already been mentioned in the previous episode, and they didn't want to give away any idea that Amy had a date.
Old 11-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Makes me laugh every time I see that foot tapping smilie.

Maybe it was deliberate as 'Dave' had already been mentioned in the previous episode, and they didn't want to give away any idea that Amy had a date.
That's probably it

And anyway, to continue with our game

When Amy kissed Sheldon in excitement that he brought her a tiara!
Old 11-06-2015, 03:13 PM
Master Fan

I wonder how our ship would have been called, if Amys name would have been Victoria Shelia, Victon, Shecky?

~Susanne ~
Old 11-06-2015, 03:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
I wonder how our ship would have been called, if Amys name would have been Victoria Shelia, Victon, Shecky?

Maybe that's why they changed it! Nothing beats 'Shamy' as far as juvenile amalgamations of names goes.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread