Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2015, 02:21 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Riterra Smith (View Post)
Maybe Jamie can write another song about how Shamy feels now, how they miss being together. I would write such a tune myself if I could.
Thanks Katie for that wonderful, feels-inducing gifset!

We need as much Shamy feels as we can, especially now
IcyBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:40 AM
Master Fan

I'm in Shamy depression mode again. Do you think the writers really understand the pain they're causing us with this breakup storyline? And if so, why do they hate us?
I refuse to lose faith in them, because what choice do I have? But I'm scared we could be going through months of misery.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:36 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
I'm in Shamy depression mode again. Do you think the writers really understand the pain they're causing us with this breakup storyline? And if so, why do they hate us?
I refuse to lose faith in them, because what choice do I have? But I'm scared we could be going through months of misery.
Aw Vicky

I think they do know how pained some of us are and how eager we are to see Shamy reunite. I think the writers want us to angst and moan and speculate the hell out of everything because that proves how invested we are in this show and this couple. The more we angst, the happier we'll be when Shamy get back together!
Old 10-03-2015, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyBerry (View Post)
Aw Vicky

I think they do know how pained some of us are and how eager we are to see Shamy reunite. I think the writers want us to angst and moan and speculate the hell out of everything because that proves how invested we are in this show and this couple. The more we angst, the happier we'll be when Shamy get back together!
Thank you, Jane!
What you say makes so much sense.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:59 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Thank you, Jane!
What you say makes so much sense.
Why thank you

I'm in a hopeful mood for a reconciliation by November sweeps Until then, I'll just sit back and see what the writers have to offer us

I don't know about anybody else, but I tend to have even more fun discussing things with the folks on this forum than simply watching the episodes However, when I'm watching I often feel more carefree as well because once all the analysing starts I can get a bit...anxious? Is that the word?
Old 10-03-2015, 08:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think while we are actually watching the episode, our serotonin levels are elevated due to the euphoria that results from the simple fact that it is a new episode. Add to that increased adrenalin from the excitement, and a sense of euphoria carries us through whatever occurs during the episode.

We come to the forum to discuss after the euphoria beings to wear off, and worse, when the serotonin levels are dropping - a situation ripe for depression and anxiety. Add to that we are now in the company of several other fans in the throes of withdrawal, each of which can manufacture their own unique and different potential scenarios of doom, due to their own rampant hormonal changes. It's not surprising that a virtual mob-anxiety will result.

I'm being a teeny bit facetious, of course. But I do think that as a group, we tend to feed off each other's excitement in good times and likewise we feed off the group anxiety in bad times.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 08:34 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I think while we are actually watching the episode, our serotonin levels are elevated due to the euphoria that results from the simple fact that it is a new episode. Add to that increased adrenalin from the excitement, and a sense of euphoria carries us through whatever occurs during the episode.

We come to the forum to discuss after the euphoria beings to wear off, and worse, when the serotonin levels are dropping - a situation ripe for depression and anxiety. Add to that we are now in the company of several other fans in the throes of withdrawal, each of which can manufacture their own unique and different potential scenarios of doom, due to their own rampant hormonal changes. It's not surprising that a virtual mob-anxiety will result.

I'm being a teeny bit facetious, of course. But I do think that as a group, we tend to feed off each other's excitement in good times and likewise we feed off the group anxiety in bad times.
Well said Heidi, in biological terms that I have a slightly hard time understanding!

But it's always wonderful to have a group to discuss things with!
Old 10-03-2015, 08:50 AM
Master Fan

Quote:

Definitely.
But this is the first time I'm experiencing pain/misery during the episodes. I watched S5 + S6 without being involved in any online discussions, then I was here during S7 and all the frustration leading up to the SIK, and I have always been generally happy with how things are going. Of course last season we were all pretty ecstatic with everything anyway. This S9 trauma is a new thing for me. It can certainly be made worse if you pay too much attention to the anxiety/anger floating around - I'm thinking of other places on the Interwebs, not here. I'm glad this forum is here so we can support each other, and it helps knowing others are experiencing similar feelings about it.
Old 10-03-2015, 09:06 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Definitely.
But this is the first time I'm experiencing pain/misery during the episodes. I watched S5 + S6 without being involved in any online discussions, then I was here during S7 and all the frustration leading up to the SIK, and I have always been generally happy with how things are going. Of course last season we were all pretty ecstatic with everything anyway. This S9 trauma is a new thing for me. It can certainly be made worse if you pay too much attention to the anxiety/anger floating around - I'm thinking of other places on the Interwebs, not here. I'm glad this forum is here so we can support each other, and it helps knowing others are experiencing similar feelings about it.
I suspect a certain amount of the angst we are currently experiencing is precisely because last year was the Season of Shamy Goodness. While this season is so far certainly angst-worthy in it's own right, it also suffers by contrast - making the angst all that much worse.

~Heidi
FoxPhile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 09:23 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I suspect a certain amount of the angst we are currently experiencing is precisely because last year was the Season of Shamy Goodness. While this season is so far certainly angst-worthy in it's own right, it also suffers by contrast - making the angst all that much worse.
I know right?

All right we need to have some good feels right now so here you guys are!

Excuse me while I goofily and over these pictures
Old 10-03-2015, 10:43 AM
Master Fan

Can we just freeze time and have that last gif be the permanent state of Shamy affairs?
Old 10-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Obsessed Fan

We'll get back to hugs and cuddles and kisses someday. If Sheldon is sure of it, so am I.
Old 10-04-2015, 07:10 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Excellent point! I would imagine if this S9 breakup had happened after S6 it wouldn't nearly be so devastating. But the angst will lead to something good, I just know it. Just think of all the dates and kisses they will have to make up! Because as far as we know, the RelAg hasn't been terminated. And if it has, shame on the writers for not pointing it out. So, as far as I'm concerned, they will need to make up dates/kisses when they get back together!

Come on, November sweeps! (I hope)
Anglophile79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 08:58 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Definitely.
All of what you said is why the two years that LP were broken up was so hard for me.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 02:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Shamy will get back together don´t worry guys. *givingeveryShamyshipperahotbeverage*
The writers don`t wanna hurt us. They wanna make the storyline more intersting.
Writers don`t wanna bore the viewers so they come up with a break up storyline.
I got used to it thats all. Thats why it doesn`t bother me so much anymore.
And Sheldon will not give up on Amy.
Stay strong Shamy shippers. *giveseveryoneanotherhotbeverage*
And you can`t please everyone.
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by me~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~

Last edited by BlackWhiteRose; 10-05-2015 at 02:37 AM
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread