Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2011, 05:49 PM
Total Fan

Season 4 General Discussion #2

The old thread was sitting at 299 posts and it was bugging me. It also made it look like no one could discuss anything. So keep discussing your news/thoughts/opinions of season 4 here!

"I missed you." - "You know what I missed you too."
Amber LJ | My FanFiction | Twitter Icon by me.
AisicsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 11:44 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I haven't shared behind-the-scenes stuff from the last couple of tapings over here because there really wasn't a lot that happened... But last night had a lot, so here it is!

There was a scene where they did quite a few takes of one of the character's lines, getting different inflections, and Sheldon's supposed to speak next, after a pause. But most of the time Jim didn't get to say his line. Still, the audience was laughing at Sheldon’s expression, and on one take Jim turned to look at the audience. Then on another he ended up smiling himself. On one take near the end, Jim put his hands on his hips and turned to the audience with a smile and said his line enthusiastically/almost cheesily. On the last couple takes Jim did get his line in, and when they finished Jim did this little jump/kick to celebrate being done.

In another scene the audience was laughing halfway through one of Sheldon's lines, enough that Jim stopped rather than try to speak over everyone. They started the scene over, and Jim said, “I don’t know what the answer to that is, but we’ll try it again.”

In the middle of the same scene that there were a couple exchanges between the cast members that I couldn’t catch, but the audience members that did hear them were laughing a lot. Then later on, Kunal messed up a line, and Johnny said, “10 years, really?” (I think in reference to whatever was said earlier, cause I remember hearing 10 years), and Kunal said “don’t rub it in.”

There was a line that Mayim had the hardest time getting out, which was funny because her line right before it was actually a much bigger mouthful.

A lot of the time the director will repeat the line he wants them to start on right before he says action, and in one scene last night, Leonard had a line that starts with "screw it." So on one of the pickups, the director said, “Screw it, action!” But that made Johnny laugh, and then Simon made some comment to Johnny like “that’s professional.”

On one take for another scene they cut right as Simon was about to yell one of his lines, so he was cut off mid-yell. Jim was amused by that, and then the guys started mimicking what Simon had sounded like.

Right before they started a different scene, a couple of the guys were sort of bouncing in their seats, getting ready, and the audience was laughing before they even said anything. Johnny looked at the others and said “we’re doing good so far.”

Then a little later... Okay, so Johnny often does this thing that's not quite a yell, but it's this loud thing in his throat right before they'll start a scene. So I think that's what set of the others, because before a scene started a lot of them were making a similar noise. And then Kaley looked up at the soundmen above them and kinda laughed and apologized.

I was curious what the atmosphere would be on set, with all the stuff about Charlie Sheen and Chuck Lorre in the news, but everyone seemed fine. Chuck signed some autographs when we called him over after the taping, and he was as friendly as always.

Jim Parsons was actually having a lot of fun last night… It started during the second scene, between takes at one point the was dancing a little bit to the song that was playing, and Kaley briefly joined in. Then a few scenes later he kept moving around and dancing between takes again, even sometimes when there wasn’t any music, haha.

When the DJ played the song Johnny likes, he was standing next to Kaley, so she started dancing a little as he rocked it out on air guitar. Then later on, she came out from backstage, and Johnny went up to talk to her, and they hugged briefly.

Also at some point during the taping Kaley came up to point out her dad, who was sitting in the back of the audience,. She said that he’s never missed a taping for Big Bang Theory, and she wanted to point out how amazing that was. She said he missed a cold opening once last season, and she was so rattled that she kept messing up her lines.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:15 AM
Supreme Fan

Thanks! I just skim thru your reports since I am trying so hard to stay spoiled free. But I noticed a bunch of stuff. Two weeks til I go!

☆Krys ☆
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 05:13 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That is so awesome about Kaley's dad!

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

I love the behind-the-scenes.

Sorry for being off topic, but what kind of stuff about Charlie Sheen and Chuck Lorre?
pame_annu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by pame_annu (View Post)
I love the behind-the-scenes.

Sorry for being off topic, but what kind of stuff about Charlie Sheen and Chuck Lorre?
Google Charlie Sheen, and you'll see.

Old 03-03-2011, 08:33 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Google Charlie Sheen, and you'll see.
plop ok
pame_annu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 09:43 AM
Ultimate Fan

Will there be a Christine Baranski episode?

"We're with you whatever happens."
icon|Umay
Ford07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 12:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford07 (View Post)
Will there be a Christine Baranski episode?
I think they're talking about it, but she hasn't offcially been brought back yet.

Old 03-03-2011, 02:19 PM
Passionate Fan

I think I read somewhere about Bill or Chuck wanting to have her back for this season.
carl1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 02:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1970 (View Post)
I think I read somewhere about Bill or Chuck wanting to have her back for this season.
Yes, I read that, too.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:01 PM
Passionate Fan

I just checked the Schedule for CBS on their website and for Thursday night March 17 they are showing the 1st round of The Mens NCAA Basketball Tournament on that night. So no TBBT or any of the other CBS shows will be aired. Therefore there will be no TBBT or any other CBS shows on Thursday night March 24 either because of the 3rd round of the tournament.

So after next Thursday March 10 it will be March 31 before CBS airs TBBT on a thursday.

This also means that CBS will be airing the 2nd and 4th rounds of the NCAA tournament on Friday nights March 18 and 25th

March Madness is upon us!!
carl1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl1970 (View Post)
I just checked the Schedule for CBS on their website and for Thursday night March 17 they are showing the 1st round of The Mens NCAA Basketball Tournament on that night. So no TBBT or any of the other CBS shows will be aired. Therefore there will be no TBBT or any other CBS shows on Thursday night March 24 either because of the 3rd round of the tournament.

So after next Thursday March 10 it will be March 31 before CBS airs TBBT on a thursday.

This also means that CBS will be airing the 2nd and 4th rounds of the NCAA tournament on Friday nights March 18 and 25th

March Madness is upon us!!
See, I think that they should put BBT on in TAAHM slots for those weeks
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
I second that.

Old 03-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostInTime (View Post)
ITA, I couldnt give a bleep about ncaa, but I think it will give tbbt a chance to be a little ahead in tapings. They are only two episodes out.

☆Krys ☆
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread