Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Master Fan

Ha Krys, yep Shelnard!

Nicole Johnny's comedic timing was great with that line
Old 02-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Loyal Fan

I know I pointed this out in the episode discusiion, but I would like to bring the point over here where it belongs.

I believe that Leonard calling off the friendship hit Sheldon in the gut, in a way he wasn't willing to admit to outwardly. However, what he went about doing to try to win Leonard back is truly amazing.

From my memory on only watching the episode once:

He goes into the basement and turns off the power to the whole building. No power - no distractions in the apartment, they're going to have to converse with each other.
He demonstrates that he has a head lamp and glow sticks for such an emergency. Leonard trumps him by pulling out his light saber. Oops, Sheldon didn't think of that.
So he demonstrates all he can bring to this little camp out by noting he make urine into water, that he has the box set of Red Dwarf and the battery power to run it on, and Fiddle Faddle. (Who can say no to Fiddle Faddle?)
No, Leonard is going to go hang out with Penny in her apartment.
Crazy talk. Sheldon cannot handle this.
So, he ups his game by bring to the table one of the most tempting things in the whole world - 'smores. He bursts into Penny's apartment without knocking, and makes his offer - S'MORES.
And Leonard still says no.
So he sadly sits in his apartment, until Leonard comes to him, but Leonard still won't sign the document that, in Sheldon's mind, establishes and codifies the friendship.
So Sheldon negotiates for Leonard Day.

Unbelievable, to me, the lengths and manipulations Sheldon was throwing down here to try to coax Leonard into reestablishing the friendship without having to admit that he was desperately trying to reestablish the friendship.

With s'mores. S'MORES OF FRIENDSHIP. Oozing with love in each gooey bite.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
I know I pointed this out in the episode discusiion, but I would like to bring the point over here where it belongs.

I believe that Leonard calling off the friendship hit Sheldon in the gut, in a way he wasn't willing to admit to outwardly. However, what he went about doing to try to win Leonard back is truly amazing.

From my memory on only watching the episode once:

He goes into the basement and turns off the power to the whole building. No power - no distractions in the apartment, they're going to have to converse with each other.
He demonstrates that he has a head lamp and glow sticks for such an emergency. Leonard trumps him by pulling out his light saber. Oops, Sheldon didn't think of that.
So he demonstrates all he can bring to this little camp out by noting he make urine into water, that he has the box set of Red Dwarf and the battery power to run it on, and Fiddle Faddle. (Who can say no to Fiddle Faddle?)
No, Leonard is going to go hang out with Penny in her apartment.
Crazy talk. Sheldon cannot handle this.
So, he ups his game by bring to the table one of the most tempting things in the whole world - 'smores. He bursts into Penny's apartment without knocking, and makes his offer - S'MORES.
And Leonard still says no.
So he sadly sits in his apartment, until Leonard comes to him, but Leonard still won't sign the document that, in Sheldon's mind, establishes and codifies the friendship.
So Sheldon negotiates for Leonard Day.

Unbelievable, to me, the lengths and manipulations Sheldon was throwing down here to try to coax Leonard into reestablishing the friendship without having to admit that he was desperately trying to reestablish the friendship.

With s'mores. S'MORES OF FRIENDSHIP. Oozing with love in each gooey bite.
^fabulous post! Dead on!

☆Krys ☆
Old 02-03-2012, 07:31 AM
Addicted Fan

Lionne - And this is without even seeing the episode yet!
Old 02-03-2012, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

The last episode really proved someting: Sheldon can`t function without Leonard. He needs him!
They booth had great moments! It was so sweet and sometimes funny Just love these two!
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by My Kind of Crazy (Jen)~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
Old 02-03-2012, 08:48 AM
Total Fan

Wow, I guess I need to watch this episode again without my cynical glasses on because I really didn't see all the sweetness that y'all are seeing. To me, Sheldon was as selfish and obnoxious in this episode as he was in the Euclid Alternative. I saw more character growth in the Toast Derivation than in this episode.
I did get that Sheldon was sad about losing his buddy thanks to JP's acting, but the story itself doesn't seem to reflect that. Everything he did was in character, though, as in 'season 2/3 character'.
Old 03-09-2012, 04:45 AM
Passionate Fan

I loved the little exchanges these two had in the latest episode. That part with Leonard saying: "I'd make fun of Sheldon having girl problems if I wasn't in shock that Sheldon's having girl problems." Then Sheldon shared what his daddy used to say about women, and Leonard knows enough about Sheldon's dad to say: "Really, that's what your dad said?"

And then when Sheldon uses the whip app on Howard for the first time, Leonard tells him: "I was wrong, it's still funny." Sheldon says: "Oh, good." And THAT SMILE he gave Leonard... I melted. [Such a jerkass, but he does have his moments.]

Best of friends indeed.

"If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
Kath/Anthea // fanfiction // tumblr
Old 03-09-2012, 05:07 AM
Loyal Fan

Favorite Leonard/Sheldon moment:

Sheldon: "Those women are prostitutes?! You said they were collecting money for stem cell research!"

Leonard: (just closes his eyes, thinking, oh dammit, I slipped up.)
Old 03-09-2012, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I love these two. May I be added?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:14 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Added you!

Old 03-09-2012, 03:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by genki-escapist (View Post)
I loved the little exchanges these two had in the latest episode. That part with Leonard saying: "I'd make fun of Sheldon having girl problems if I wasn't in shock that Sheldon's having girl problems." Then Sheldon shared what his daddy used to say about women, and Leonard knows enough about Sheldon's dad to say: "Really, that's what your dad said?"

And then when Sheldon uses the whip app on Howard for the first time, Leonard tells him: "I was wrong, it's still funny." Sheldon says: "Oh, good." And THAT SMILE he gave Leonard... I melted. [Such a jerkass, but he does have his moments.]

I loved Leonard approving of Sheldon's app use! And as for the prostitute line.. oh, Leonard does feed him with so many stories, just to keep him going without complaints. Like the California hotel workers' oath of ethics and cleanliness.

Smile, what smile? (Goes back to check)

Sheldon's smiles on the show are getting increasingly provocative.
Old 03-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:

Sheldon: "Those women are prostitutes?! You said they were collecting money for stem cell research!"

LOVED that exchange! Not sure which I loved more, Leonard's lie, or Sheldon believing it!
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
Old 03-09-2012, 06:44 PM
Master Fan

Quote:

That was definitely one of my favourite moments. I love it when we get these bits of finding out about things Leonard has lied to Sheldon about.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:11 AM
Passionate Fan

I also loved Leonard's comment about the expiration date of the Cooper coupons... he actually accepted those things and tried to redeem them! He's such a good sport and he understands Sheldon so well.

"If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
Kath/Anthea // fanfiction // tumblr
Old 03-10-2012, 08:27 AM
Master Fan

I actually really like the little white lies Leonard tells Sheldon, a, they make Sheldon feel better and b. they save Leonard a lot of grief
Closed Thread   Post New Thread