Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-19-2011, 08:56 AM
Total Fan

I just want you to know, I love you guys

Cause I really do. I love all of you guys that post here, I love the board, and I love the show. I know I've been away probably more than I've been on recently, but it wasn't because I stopped loving this place or what it represented. But real life doesn't always care about what you want to do or if you still love what you're now having to give up. And so it's time that I finally have to say good-bye to being your moderator.

I was linked to this board during a time when I was just about to give up ever finding a solid, active place to fan-girl out over my favorite show (thank you forever, Nicole!). Here I found a wonderful group of people who loved the show for the same reasons I did and actually wanted to discuss it and it was fantastic! This place was already changing when I came in and I got to see it change more. I even got to influence some of the changes! It was exciting times made even better by all the awesome new friends I made

And now the board has undergone another wave of changes just as the show did this year and that's also amazing to see. I wish I could be around more and play a more active role during this time, but I just really don't have the energy or time after job-searching and coaching a high school team. Stepping down from the moderator position was an extremely difficult choice. I've thought about it before, but I always had something more I wanted to do for the board or the posters here. Now though, I really feel it'd be best for someone else to come in. All of you have so much to offer and are just brimming with enthusiasm for the show I know whoever takes my place will do a fantastic job!

Until the new mod is chosen, I will still be your moderator. And even after, I will still be around. You won't be getting rid of me completely! I just need to pass the moderator responsibilities on to someone else.

I've really, really enjoyed my time spent as your moderator! This board is such a great place. I'm really sorry to have to step down But I hope you guys understand. As much as it hurts me, I'm confident it's for the best.

I LOVE YOU ALL!!!! BIG BANG THEORY RULES!!!!

Sincerely,
Amber

"I missed you." - "You know what I missed you too."
Amber LJ | My FanFiction | Twitter Icon by me.
AisicsRule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh...my God...

I suspected this once you said "You'll probably PM me first." This makes me really sad. I'll miss you here, even though I know that we'll still talk everyday on Twitter and stuff. But I definitely understand, if real life is going to take too much time away, then it only makes sense. But it still makes me sad.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:06 AM
Total Fan

It's breaking my heart but I know it's the right thing to do. I have no doubt in my mind that any of you guys here could step in and do a better job than me and it's better if someone who has the time was the mod.

And yes we'll definitely still talk everyday! Through one or more of our many sites that we communicate through

Old 07-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AisicsRule (View Post)
It's breaking my heart but I know it's the right thing to do. I have no doubt in my mind that any of you guys here could step in and do a better job than me and it's better if someone who has the time was the mod.

And yes we'll definitely still talk everyday! Through one or more of our many sites that we communicate through
Maybe you weren't here all the time, bestie, but you were a great mod when you were here.

Haha what are we at now, five different ones with this one? Or is it more? You'd better still come around here, though!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Total Fan

Absolutely! There's still comic-con this weekend. And the Emmys in September! And of course a whole freaking season of awesome to discuss

Old 07-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AisicsRule (View Post)
Absolutely! There's still comic-con this weekend. And the Emmys in September! And of course a whole freaking season of awesome to discuss
Definitely! Plus two seasons after that one!

Old 07-19-2011, 09:40 AM
Passionate Fan

Amber, it's been great having you as a MOD. I'm glad that you still will be around. Goodluck with your job search (I know the job market is not great right now). Just remember the next chapter in your life is just beginning.
carl1970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:05 AM
Absolute Fan

We love you too Amber! You are a great moderator and we`ll miss having you as mod, but you`ll still be here and that`s what matters most

I wish you the BEST on everything you`re doing right now. I`ve been on that situation and I know it takes a lot of energy but it will pay off
Sursonica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Elite Fan

Amber it's been a great pleasure having you as a co-mod and I'm going to be very sad to see you go. But life just goes that way and you have to adapt to the things it throws your way. I wish you all the best of luck and we'll be speaking on and off the board as usual
I won't let you be denied
Ashu is always mindlessly twatting away on Twitter|icon by Petra
Andu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Here you go, Amber.

Old 07-19-2011, 10:49 AM
Supreme Fan

Aww! Amber! I'm sad to see you go as MOD. You better visit all of us sometimes at least. Good luck in all your future endeavours!

☆Krys ☆
topherkraz78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Amber - it was through you that I discovered this amazing community here, and for that I'll always be grateful!

I'm sad to see you stepping down as mod, because you'd done a fantastic job, but I understand why, and I know it's not a goodbye.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 11:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ennaxor (View Post)
Amber - it was through you that I discovered this amazing community here, and for that I'll always be grateful!

I'm sad to see you stepping down as mod, because you'd done a fantastic job, but I understand why, and I know it's not a goodbye.
Now you've got Days of Summer in my head, darn you Roxanne. Maybe because the end of your post rhymed.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
Now you've got Days of Summer in my head, darn you Roxanne. Maybe because the end of your post rhymed.
I swear that wasn't my intention, either the song or the rhyme. But it's not a bad song to have in your head.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 12:45 PM
Master Fan

Amber You will be missed sooooo much but you better still come in and post now and again!!!!!!!

I can totally understand where you are coming from, life gets sooo busy at times, i don't even get here as often as I used to and I don't have the mod responsibilities you have, it must be so time consuming...
and this board hardly needs the moderation as others, but it still takes a lot of time

Good luck with the job hunt
Love ya back and come by to see my BTS report of attending my first taping on 8-16.
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread