Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2013, 07:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Is there anywhere online where the episode is available? I can't believe that my stupid CBS is still off air due to a fight with the cable company.

Thanks.
SaraG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Master Fan

Loved this episode, Leonard singing and playing the cello, he's right he is cute
LostInTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:51 PM
Elite Fan

I agree that Sheldon seemed a bit too clueless. I don't buy it this far into the show. I would have bought it about 4 seasons ago, but not now.

Regina King was awesome...and I swear that woman never ages. She's looked the same for closing in on 20 years.

And for some reason Alex never bothers me. I like her, even if she IS stupidly hitting on a taken fellow. I like her interactions with Sheldon, and also just the fact that there's continuity in having her continue to be Sheldon's assistant.

This was just an ok ep for me. I loved all the Lenny stuff and Penny's "molecules" got the only real LOL moment out of me.
Musickat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:26 PM
Extreme Fan

I'm not buying the Sheldon innocent act, that ship sailed the minute he chicken pecked
Old 01-03-2013, 08:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Great ep, loved it all.

Also so happy they are over the Penny wondering if she should be with Leonard and they can talk things through.
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

There are 3 types of TBBT eps.
1) You watch it till the endbut really just to get to the end.
2) It's good and enjoyable but not really any big deal.
3) You wish it was a 1 hour show bwcause you just can't stand that it ended and which it would go on a while longer.

This was #3 for sure.
I liked that the whole crew was involved. Giant Jenga was a hoot and a half.
As to Sheldon being clueless I disagree. He was Sheldon to the core and when everyone was in trouble he had a true Sheldon solution. It took a little thought but he puzzled it out.

Great show.!
linux3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 08:47 PM
Extreme Fan

This a way more mature Sheldon....he got his friends out of trouble without prodding from anyone. He aint innocent lil Shelly anymore.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux3 (View Post)
There are 3 types of TBBT eps.
1) You watch it till the endbut really just to get to the end.
2) It's good and enjoyable but not really any big deal.
3) You wish it was a 1 hour show bwcause you just can't stand that it ended and which it would go on a while longer.

This was #3 for sure.
I liked that the whole crew was involved. Giant Jenga was a hoot and a half.
As to Sheldon being clueless I disagree. He was Sheldon to the core and when everyone was in trouble he had a true Sheldon solution. It took a little thought but he puzzled it out.

Great show.!
This was a 1 1/2 to 2. I wanted it to end but there was some cute parts
Old 01-03-2013, 09:36 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

I also had some issues with Sheldon... It felt like too much for him to really be that clueless. Maybe I'll change my mind with rewatches, but I wasn't especially amused with most of his stuff.

The Leonard/Penny storyline, on the other hand, I LOVED. I like how they're able to talk when issues come up now. And they can throw some barbs at each other, but ultimately know it doesn't really matter. And Leonard was just way too cute playing the cello and singing.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr

Last edited by ennaxor; 01-03-2013 at 09:42 PM
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Good thing Leonard was good at science, don't think he'd make a living from his music

Now I need a sexy girlfriend that looks cute in glasses
lancer1993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraG (View Post)
Is there anywhere online where the episode is available? I can't believe that my stupid CBS is still off air due to a fight with the cable company.

Thanks.
Watch The Big Bang Theory online (TV Show) - on 1Channel | LetMeWatchThis - Season 6 and Episode 12
Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 PM
Loyal Fan

I feel like it's very well established canon that Sheldon asks about and makes inappropriate comments about women's menstrual cycles, going way back to Season 1. Over time, he's been established that he believes, absolutely, all of the basic biological stories about PMS, and it plays into his viewpoint about himself as well. Sheldon thinks he's a delight - so if a woman gets cranky with him, and what he sees as perfectly factual, logical, biological questioning that he has no emotional ties to and cannot fathom the emotional reaction from someone else, he'll just write it off as a girl being in the midst of her menstrual cycle.

If a girl cranky? Well, she's either in the middle of her menstrual cycle or she's hungry. Or hopped up on tea bags. Or at the mercy of her baser urges. Honestly, in a lot of ways, this is Sheldon's way of trying to create excuses both for females and for himself, because his grasp of his affect on the people around him is slippery at best. Sometimes he comes to realize that everyone is telling him to "go away," or slamming doors in his face, or that he's not the best at social cues, other times he fails to think of himself as anything but the best and most delightful company. Sheldon enjoys his own company and how his own mind works, and it's hard for him to fathom why others don't.

Considering that Leonard once asked him, "Do you understand why other people don't want to play with you," and Sheldon said something like, "No, and I've been pondering that since preschool," I would put forward the suggestion that Sheldon has never really gotten it and he's never going to - ever. No matter how much his mother talked to him, over and over again, as a child. No matter how much his sister or Penny or Amy or Human Resources or Leonard might try to get through to him, not a lot really sinks in there. So, I'm not really surprised by Sheldon's behavior or the things he said in this episode.

As usual, Jim Parsons manages to take the things that come out of Sheldon's mouth and give them charm, humor and innocence, and somehow be able to get away with it in a way I don't think most people can. He knows how to play it correctly, and I have to say that I was dying laughing through this whole episode.

EVERYONE was bang on this evening, I could give credit to the whole cast. When Kunal dropped his head to look into the cup and said, "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea," I about died. Leonard and his cello was amazing, Penny and the glasses and Leonard's reaction to her in the glasses, Penny and Leonard through this whole episode....

And who doesn't want to be on Sheldon Cooper's "Council of Ladies?"
Old 01-03-2013, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionne (View Post)
I feel like it's very well established canon that Sheldon asks about and makes inappropriate comments about women's menstrual cycles, going way back to Season 1. Over time, he's been established that he believes, absolutely, all of the basic biological stories about PMS, and it plays into his viewpoint about himself as well. Sheldon thinks he's a delight - so if a woman gets cranky with him, and what he sees as perfectly factual, logical, biological questioning that he has no emotional ties to and cannot fathom the emotional reaction from someone else, he'll just write it off as a girl being in the midst of her menstrual cycle.

If a girl cranky? Well, she's either in the middle of her menstrual cycle or she's hungry. Or hopped up on tea bags. Or at the mercy of her baser urges. Honestly, in a lot of ways, this is Sheldon's way of trying to create excuses both for females and for himself, because his grasp of his affect on the people around him is slippery at best. Sometimes he comes to realize that everyone is telling him to "go away," or slamming doors in his face, or that he's not the best at social cues, other times he fails to think of himself as anything but the best and most delightful company. Sheldon enjoys his own company and how his own mind works, and it's hard for him to fathom why others don't.

Considering that Leonard once asked him, "Do you understand why other people don't want to play with you," and Sheldon said something like, "No, and I've been pondering that since preschool," I would put forward the suggestion that Sheldon has never really gotten it and he's never going to - ever. No matter how much his mother talked to him, over and over again, as a child. No matter how much his sister or Penny or Amy or Human Resources or Leonard might try to get through to him, not a lot really sinks in there. So, I'm not really surprised by Sheldon's behavior or the things he said in this episode.

As usual, Jim Parsons manages to take the things that come out of Sheldon's mouth and give them charm, humor and innocence, and somehow be able to get away with it in a way I don't think most people can. He knows how to play it correctly, and I have to say that I was dying laughing through this whole episode.

EVERYONE was bang on this evening, I could give credit to the whole cast. When Kunal dropped his head to look into the cup and said, "Maybe this wasn't such a good idea," I about died. Leonard and his cello was amazing, Penny and the glasses and Leonard's reaction to her in the glasses, Penny and Leonard through this whole episode....

And who doesn't want to be on Sheldon Cooper's "Council of Ladies?"
Just let me bold this entire post because I wholeheartedly agree.

And "maybe this wasn't such a good idea" was one of my favorite lines from tonight. Kunal's delivery = flawless.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:43 PM
Master Fan

"Give it to her good" - Raj

I just cracked up. Kunal had great delivery tonight.
slicknickshady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:54 AM
Addicted Fan

I find it in character that Amy wasn't really giving Sheldon any "advice" and that she offered her cocaine-addicted monkeys to Penny as a solution to her problem. I would find myself probably nitpicking whatever Amy would offer Sheldon regarding Alex, since she herself probably doesn't know something about it.

I love Raj here too, and his cute puppy made a comeback! YAY!

I noticed that the STD book Sheldon was holding had markers to it. It's not right that the markers were from the library, if ever he simply borrowed it. It makes me wonder that he's reading it. Whether it was to scare Alex or not...

A lot were complaining about Sheldon's "You're a slave" comment. I know it's regarding the "slave to baser urges" reasoning he has, it sort of had racial undertones to it.
Reply   Post New Thread