Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2017, 12:07 AM
Master Fan

Enjoyed the episode. I wouldn't have expected it, but I loved the Howardette storyline the most. That scene at the crib
Lenny and their christmas tree were funny
And the intersting thing with the Shamy storyline is, that Sheldon would never have been offended my Marys answer before he met Amy

Edit:

seems, Sheldon can't remember things when he is drunk

~Susanne ~

Last edited by smoguntia; 01-06-2017 at 03:17 AM
smoguntia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 12:01 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoguntia (View Post)
Enjoyed the episode. I wouldn't have expected it, but I loved the Howardette storyline the most. That scene at the crib
Lenny and their christmas tree were funny
And the intersting thing with the Shamy storyline is, that Sheldon would never have been offended my Marys answer before he met Amy

Edit:

seems, Sheldon can't remember things when he is drunk
Well spotted! I had a feeling that statement about Stuart was wrong, but I was trying to remember the one where they were arguing about Batman and stuff and Sheldon had to get him out of Penny's apartment without waking her ("She'll maul you like a rabid wolverine.")

I thought the same about Sheldon's attitude - the fact he was offended by Mary's assumption was the most surprising thing in the episode. In the past it would have been his own assumption - I mean, why would he need or want to be with another human? But perhaps that was never really completely his attitude, since he's been with Leonard a long time. Also, while Mary seemed to be talking about him never having any type of romantic relationship with a woman, he seemed to take it as her saying he would be entirely alone.
Old 01-06-2017, 02:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by topherkraz78 (View Post)
I also loved the whole homage to National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Tree, squirrel, you know and since Johnny was in that movie.
I loved that too
Though the Hofstadters were much cooler with the squirrel than the Griswolds
~Laurence~
soundsgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Loved the episode! Leonard and Penny's flashback was my favorite, but I enjoyed all of them. And I was glad they toned down the voice a bit for Halley's crying. I'd still prefer a regular baby cry, but it wasn't as annoying as the first time we heard it.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr

Last edited by ennaxor; 01-06-2017 at 10:51 PM
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 06:03 AM
Fez
Elite Fan

Hi guys!

Since I've been quite sick for several weeks now, watching the new episode was a nice distraction. I really enjoyed watching it.

I love how Halley sounds like Mrs. Wolowitz and I actually hope the writers stick with the running gag that you never actually see the baby, just like you never saw Howard's mom.

"The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.".
~Sheldon L. Cooper, PhD
Fez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Obsessed Fan

Okay so I too have been sick and rather out of it for weeks now. I'm also whiling away the winter by crocheting some blankets. But I finally saw the episode and I was super happy with it. Just what I had in my head if the gang reunited after having their own holiday experiences. Always fantastic to have Mary and I certainly believe she was worried about Sheldon finding someone. No wonder she likes Amy so much. I'm glad that Bernadette is able to have a bonding moment with Halley even among the challenges. Kudos to the show for making that believable. And aren't the new parents lucky to have Poppins and Doubtfire. As to Leonard and Penny, I think we saw exactly as much of the tree fiasco as we needed to. So great to have them all back.
Old 01-07-2017, 04:05 PM
Master Fan

btw, which movie did Amy mean when she said that Sheldon looked like the two pirates who helps each other to connect the internet? I'm not sure I'm getting the reference

~Susanne ~
Old 01-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
btw, which movie did Amy mean when she said that Sheldon looked like the two pirates who helps each other to connect the internet? I'm not sure I'm getting the reference
I think it was a reference to the earring that Sheldon had? I remember getting the joke when it happened but I don't remember when it was in the episode.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 10:59 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I think it was a reference to the earring that Sheldon had? I remember getting the joke when it happened but I don't remember when it was in the episode.
Yes it was about the earring. They were telling their friends that Sheldon wanted to be rebellous and got an earring and his mother made im to take it out. And their Friends asked Amy how he did look with an earring

~Susanne ~
Old 01-08-2017, 11:27 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Yes it was about the earring. They were telling their friends that Sheldon wanted to be rebellous and got an earring and his mother made im to take it out. And their Friends asked Amy how he did look with an earring
I don't think Amy was referring to a movie when she said Sheldon looked like the pirate who would help the other pirates set up their wifi, I think it was just her way of saying that Sheldon didn't really look all that cool/pirate-like even with an earring.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SargeantFuzzyBoots (View Post)
I don't think Amy was referring to a movie when she said Sheldon looked like the pirate who would help the other pirates set up their wifi, I think it was just her way of saying that Sheldon didn't really look all that cool/pirate-like even with an earring.
Oh! Thank you, I get it now. That makes sense. I thought I was missing something too, Susanne. I think when I watched it, I thought it was a reference to an advert or something. Like an advert with pirates setting up people's wifi.
Old 01-08-2017, 02:31 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Oh! Thank you, I get it now. That makes sense. I thought I was missing something too, Susanne. I think when I watched it, I thought it was a reference to an advert or something. Like an advert with pirates setting up people's wifi.
Perhaps one of Jim's Intel adds

Yeah but Brits argument sounds reasonable

~Susanne ~
Old 01-08-2017, 02:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Perhaps one of Jim's Intel adds

Yeah but Brits argument sounds reasonable
I think it's because Amy said 'the' rather than 'a' pirate (I think). That made it confusing.
Old 01-09-2017, 12:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

Good episode, I enjoyed it. Not the best, but it had some lovely moments. I loved how Sheldon has to describe every single detail on his and Amy's story when they went to Texas to visit his mum. Lenny's story was the funniest, I loved them trying to take the tree up the stairs. Howard and Bernadette's story with Halley was sweet, Bernadette couldn't stop crying because she couldn't stop Halley crying and because of that Howard started crying. The scene with Howard finding Bernadette in the crib with Halley was adorable.

The best line; Howard to Raj and Stuart; "Doubtfire, Poppins, follow me!"
Old 10-28-2021, 11:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah the Leonard/Penny story was fun
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread