Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeBuiltThePyramids (View Post)
I agree with you. Penny's a slob. They weren't actually saying that she doesn't know how to use glue - she was fine with it in The Work Song Nanocluster. Like my roommate, I'll drop something and she'll go "hold things much?" She's not actually saying I don't have motor skills or genuinely asking if I've ever held something, she's teasing me. So Bernadette's line about Penny ditching pre-school and that's why she's not smart enough to use glue, I took it as a friend teasing a friend, and then Penny came back at it with her own joke. I think if she'd actually thought Bernadette was insulting her intelligence, she would have been a lot more defensive in her response.
Exactly. I don't think the intention is ever for the characters to be malicious when they poke fun like that, I think it's just showing the banter they've developed with each other. Given that Penny's in a group of more academically oriented people, there's going to be this contrast a lot, but I don't think we're meant to condemn Penny for her intellectual shortcomings (though I don't think this particular thing is really an intellectual shortcoming) just like on the flip side we shouldn't make fun of how intelligent and sometimes socially awkward the rest of the group is.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

Can I just say, I agree with everything that's being said here. I love the way they tease and even sometimes downright insult each other. I think it reinforces how strong the bond between them is - they can get away with treating each other like that because they are so close. (Although, in this case I don't think there was anything too offensive about the Penny and the glue situation).
Old 11-11-2013, 07:06 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whimsical Elf (View Post)
Can I just say, I agree with everything that's being said here. I love the way they tease and even sometimes downright insult each other. I think it reinforces how strong the bond between them is - they can get away with treating each other like that because they are so close. (Although, in this case I don't think there was anything too offensive about the Penny and the glue situation).
Yes! Who would do that with a stranger or someone they're not close with?

I agree with what has been said and, in any case, Penny making a mess with glue doesn't make her stupid, nor the fact that she "only" now is in community college. There are many ways of being intelligent and she has her own.

teoriapostmoderna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If any of the Big Bang Buzzcast listeners want to hear me do one by myself (I'd say "yikes" but Beverly has ruined the word for me) here's a link to the discussion of this episode! The Big Bang Buzz - Big Bang Theory Podcast and News: Big Bang Buzzcast Episode 37: The Proton Displacement (pop, sparkle, and buzz electric)

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:11 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
The Big Bang Theory

Quote:
If any of the Big Bang Buzzcast listeners want to hear me do one by myself (I'd say "yikes" but Beverly has ruined the word for me) here's a link to the discussion of this episode! The Big Bang Buzz - Big Bang Theory Podcast and News: Big Bang Buzzcast Episode 37: The Proton Displacement (pop, sparkle, and buzz electric)
And she does a great job of it on her own!

I finally got to watch the episode on my flight home last night... And did anyone else cry? Leonard talking about Sheldon and how they need each other really got to me, and then the Howard and Raj moment just amplified my feelings. I was definitely wiping away some tears.

(I was also sleep deprived, so that could have been another factor...)

But yes, really really loved the episode! So strong overall - I feel like this has been a better season so far for me than S6 was.
"Keep looking up, after it rains. Keep looking up."
big bang buzz . twitter . tumblr
ennaxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn't cry. I loved the ep - as you know - but I didn't cry. I got lots of feels, though.

WeBuiltThePyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:15 AM
Ultimate Fan

I didn't cry, but I was awww-ing all over the place.

Quote:
Of course I will! That one time you missed a week I was so sad, this podcast is part of my weekly routine.

Old 11-11-2013, 10:34 AM
Master Fan

I did tear up at Leonard's "Guess I need him, too." I know there was talk of a tender moment coming, but that line really hit me hard.
SargeantFuzzyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:55 AM
Ultimate Fan

Rewatched this episode again and I laugh like it's the first time I'm watching it. Love the Sheldon/Leonard storyline as well as the girls + Howard and Raj one. Bromance all around this episode! And Bob Newhart is great, just great.

Old 01-13-2014, 04:34 AM
Ultimate Fan

Agreed, Stefania. The friendships in that episode... !

I love you because you're my best friend
J&M
and I want to grow old with you.
LostInTheSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 12:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbcountry37 (View Post)
LOVED the episode!

No Leonard/Penny...but loved that Penny came from Leonard's room to meet Professor Proton!!

Nye/Proton - "Back off bow tie!"

Howard/Raj - OMG!!!

Leonard/Sheldon - So sweet! "I need him, and he needs me." Aw!

Howard, Raj, and the girls....

Oh, and Shamy!!! Loved Sheldon and Amy...and that Amy really didn't want to tell Sheldon he's annoying.

Lots of laughs. Lots of tears.

A solid A from me.

All of this

And the scene was funny when Professor Proton wanted to leave but then he saw Penny comming and changed his mind
~My top ships:Brennan/Booth, Amy/Sheldon, Penny/Leonard, Angela/Hodgins, Gabrielle/Carlos, Piper/Leo, Buffy/Angel, Willow/Tara, Spike/Drusilla, Wesley/Fred, Janet/Steve, Clare/Steve, Kelly/Brandon, Kira/Odo, Ezri/Bashir, Jadzia/Worf, Troi/Riker, Hannah Caleb, Spencer/Toby, Bree/Trip~Thanks for 12 years of TBBT!~Aspie~ big Sheldon Cooper Fan~ Team Shannen and Holly~Icon by Code Green~I don´t care what complete strangers think of me because I don´t know them at all ~
BlackWhiteRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply   Post New Thread