Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Dedicated Fan

Did it!

I sent a letter to Movieline, easy as pie!

Let them know about Tribeca, the T-shirts, the upcoming movies, begged them for pictures!

Please check in if you send them a letter, to cheer the others on!
Old 06-06-2004, 12:40 PM
Dedicated Fan

For those within the sound of my voice...

Things are heating up for Jason Behr, and here's another squib mention that may indicate he's once again becoming a blip on the radar:

From Buffy the Vampire Slayer magazine, an article called "The Watcher", about what former Buffy players have been up to (April/May 2004, p8)

An intro paragraph tells about SMG in The Grudge[i], and explains the premise; then we have:

Quote:
Roswell's Jason Behr (who played Billy Fordham in Season Two's "Lie to Me") will play her boyfriend; Jason has also just wrapped a lead role as a troubled rock singer in the film Shooting Livien. Xena creators Sam Raimi and Robert Tapert are producing The Grudge, which began shooting in Tokyo in January.
The rest of the article tells about the further adventures of Buffy grads like Alyson Hannnigan, Nicholas Brendon (mentions his movie with Majandra Delfino), Amelinda Embry (the robot girl), Emma Caulfield, Seth Green, bad boys Warren, Jonathan, Adam (the Frankenstein created by the gov't Special Ops) and assorted trolls and demons, among them the likes of Joss Whedon, Tom Lenk, and David Fury, LOL.

So, we didn't actually cause this mention, but it shows that people are noticing a warming trend in Jason's career, and that now is an excellent time for publicity commandos to strike!
Old 06-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Loyal Fan

Hi all.
Why don't we send a "thank you" to Movieline saying how much we loved the "inside" story on the Johnnie Walker party and especially the pix of Jason. And we're "telling all our friends to buy Movieline because of it."

My theory: if issues sell out with Jason, they'll put more Jason in their issues! (And hopefully other publications will get the hint!)
Got to run. I've been so lazy today!

Hi Michelle, MyrnaL.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Dedicated Fan

Party Favors... ;)

Hey, Thanette!

Still grooving over those lovely JB pics you brought to give out at our impromptu gathering last night! Better than bringing wine, and ... more intoxicating!

What a great idea for a spin on this week's assignment! Positive reinforcement is a powerful motivator!

I've sent one letter, but I'm going to send another... (Did you send one? I'm the JB Prize Spy, and looking for who's been naughty and nice... )
Old 06-22-2004, 04:24 PM
Supreme Fan

What's our next taget?

MTV?
Old 06-25-2004, 10:40 AM
Master Fan

Yes another issue of People's 50 Bachelor magazine and no sign of Jason Behr! I predict next year, after the Grudge, maybe he'll make the pages. Every year I read this issue and say "Where did they get these guys?" I like Jeremy Piven as much as the next person, but has he done anything since Cupid? (And could he have shaved for his sexy bachelor photo?)

Great blurb in the Buffy-zine, Michelle, I think that's newsworthy!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 06-25-2004, 03:10 PM
Passionate Fan

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Thanette
[B]Hi all.
Why don't we send a "thank you" to Movieline saying how much we loved the "inside" story on the Johnnie Walker party and especially the pix of Jason. And we're "telling all our friends to buy Movieline because of it."

My theory: if issues sell out with Jason, they'll put more Jason in their issues! (And hopefully other publications will get the hint!)
Got to run. I've been so lazy today!

How about this idea? If your not already a subscriber to movieline, become one! Send the publisher a letter with your subscription informing them that their coverage of JB is the reason you have done so

What do you think of this?
Old 06-30-2004, 08:43 PM
Dedicated Fan

Great minds run in the same channel...

Or in this case, "tune in the same channel" would be more accurate!

I was thinking the same thing you were, *Vicki* - - I was over at the mtv site, getting the contact info!

Here 'tis:

http://www.mtv.com/news/youtellus/

Here's a sample, it's easy and it only takes a minute to let them know that they'll always get nibbles when they use Jason Behr for bait! (That didn't come out exactly the way I meant it... ) (Not Freudian, no, not at all...)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

*Loved* the piece about The Grudge, the new movie with Sarah Michelle Gellar and *Jason Behr*! Give us more on him! He's amazing!

And since this is being produced by Sam "Spiderman2" Raimi, it's certainly timely news to wonder what next both he -- and Jason Behr -- have coming up!

And I'm going to keep up with Movieline, because I think we did get response, and their little trickles are testing the waters. I bet with a little more poking, we'll get them to give us more JB.
Old 06-30-2004, 08:55 PM
Dedicated Fan

MyrnaLynne said:
Quote:
Yes another issue of People's 50 Bachelor magazine and no sign of Jason Behr! I predict next year, after the Grudge, maybe he'll make the pages. Every year I read this issue and say "Where did they get these guys?" I like Jeremy Piven as much as the next person, but has he done anything since Cupid? (And could he have shaved for his sexy bachelor photo?)
Hmmmm. Sounds as if it's time for another target?

This is actually the perfect time, because the feedback for that issue will be in the issue that is closing next Tuesday! So get some emails in before that, and someone at least might see them!

editor@people.com

Quote:
Great blurb in the Buffy-zine, Michelle, I think that's newsworthy!
Yup, I don't know if we're making waves, or just riding the wave (he seems to be unstoppable this year), but we can feel we had a small part in helping him clear the gravity well of the last couple of years! I was glad they mentioned him! (Means he's on Joss Whedon's radar still, too, which can't be bad.)

Last edited by Michelle in Yonkers; 06-30-2004 at 10:19 PM
Old 06-30-2004, 09:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Thanks, Olderroswellfan, I actually did it!

Now I hope we can get our membership to email Movieline, and keep the push going!

And I think it would be a great idea if someone... (MyrnaLynne?) started a thread telling people to contact... People, and tell them how we feel about their their oversight: Increase Behr-Awareness!
Old 07-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Part-Time Fan

Hi,

I'm Bixie and just registerd. My real name is Sandra.
I've got an idea to support Jason with The Grudge. I saw a show of Oprah on the movie Spiderman 2. Isn't it an idea to mail Oprah to get her attention for The Grudge. I mailed this to ML and she thought I must bring it op at the Support Jason Thread. It would be nice to have Jason and SMG on the Oprah show to talk about their movie and this show is aired worldwide.
I will see what everybody thinks about this.
Old 07-09-2004, 02:38 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hi, Bixie! And welcome!

And welcome to the Support thread, where we try to donate a little of our email and internet time to some behind-the-scenes commando work to get more coverage for our favorite actor!

That's a great idea about Oprah! How 'bout you doing some sleuthing and finding out her website, and what link she's got on there to get feedback from viewers about what we'd like to see?

I know a while back, she had Halle Berry on for "Catwoman", and had her demonstrate the whip-cracking she had to learn for the part! (Very impressive! Always been fascinated with bullwhips, myself, but that's a story for another time...)

At least it might put JB on her radar -- and according to one "caption" someone printed off a news website, way back in 2002 when Jason went to Oscar parties 'cause of Shipping News, he sat at a table with Oprah, Halle Berry, and other luminaries somewhere.

We couldn't get confirmation, but if it was true, then Oprah and JB have met already...

Stick around! We can use enthusiasm and new ideas!
Old 07-10-2004, 02:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

Hi Michelle,

tHANKS FOR THE NICE WELCOME.
I've been searching and found it. The site to e-mail Oprah is www.oprah.com.
If you want to send an e-mail scroll down and click on E-MAIL US.
There is gonna be a list of different things you can mail about but you must take the second one that sais:
*Do you have a great idea for the show?
Send us your suggestions.
Then you can fill out the form and this e-mail will go to the producer of the show. Let's bombared them with our JB suggestions!
SO ALL JB FANS LET'S WAKE UP OPRAH!!
Old 07-17-2004, 07:58 AM
Dedicated Fan

Wow! Yes!

Enthusiasm to wake up the troops. I like it!

I followed Bixie's excellent directions, and here's the window I got for posting ideas. Let's see if it works:

http://www.oprah.com./email/reach/email_showideas.jhtml

And here's a sample letter I sent in:

I've heard about the new movie "The Grudge" coming out for Halloween, starring Sarah Michelle Gellar and a fascinating actor named Jason Behr. I'd like to know more about him, SMG, and this new movie (produced by Sam Raimi).

I know you often interview actors and talk about their work, so how about giving us the scoop about this project and its stars?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Oprah only interviews the biggest names, usually, so I thought by putting in all 3 (Gellar, Raimi, and JB), it might be more likely to at least be a blip on her radar.

But there are lots of us, so if we all asked, there'd be a better chance of receiving.

Thanks for the idea! And watch for coming attractions here, soon - - we want to post a thread of the week and get the commandos' attention for the assignment.

Any ideas for a name for this 'shipper' group?
Old 07-17-2004, 12:16 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Michelle in Yonkers

Any ideas for a name for this 'shipper' group?
Some silly ones....

Camp Behr
Troop Behr
Behr Camp
Closed Thread   Post New Thread