Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-24-2017, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah true! So many people getting angry....these things happen sadly!
Old 10-24-2017, 06:23 PM
Master Fan

I mean Dave once fell off stage and broke his leg and still finished the show so I figure they had a good reason to cancel
Old 10-25-2017, 04:37 AM
Master Fan

I was just going to say...it must have been bad because my gosh, I remember he still did a show with a broken leg and all! I remember he was like in some kind of throne looking chair!

Last night our city did a tribute for Gord Downie.
My hubby and his friend was asked to perform a song in Toronto's downtown square. It was such surreal experience, there were like hundreds of people who gathered around!

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-25-2017, 05:09 AM
Master Fan

Yep! They had that throne made so he could continue the tour

Wow! That's incredible! What a crowd!
Old 10-25-2017, 12:01 PM
Elite Fan

Oh wow that's amazing!! Aubie your hubby is also in a band?
Old 10-26-2017, 04:43 AM
Master Fan

No, he can't sing for the life of him.
But he and his friend do this thing where they sing over top of the song.
As his friend described it to the audience...it's not karaoke and it's not lip syncing...but sort like the worst of both worlds.

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-26-2017, 05:22 AM
Master Fan

That sounds fun!
Old 10-27-2017, 04:33 AM
Master Fan

Yeah it was fun! My hubby really needed it. He has been so sad lately. He really is grieving. Argh what a year for him and his musicians. He wasn't even over Cornell yet then this.

Anyways, back to actual music that is still going on...I haven't heard anything lately that I love again. Like who's out there now?

I'm Aubrey
Old 10-27-2017, 06:20 AM
Master Fan

I honestly don't think I'll ever get over Cornell. That's going to hurt deeply for a long time.

Hanson just released a Christmas album. I downloaded it but I haven't listened yet. I absolutely loved their first Christmas album.

I've been listening to a lot of oldies lately. A lot of Chuck Berry and Otis Redding.
Old 10-27-2017, 03:18 PM
Elite Fan

Aww Aubie your poor hubby! Glad he had fun though!

Yeah nothing good out there right now!!!
Old 10-28-2017, 08:09 PM
Master Fan

Yeah there's not a lot of current music I really like right now.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

aubie s for your hubbie and you. How very cool though he got to share his grief in such a huge and fun way with that crowd!! Healthy healing

I don't know of Cornel either sorry though you guys

yea I listen to regular radio now and then and it is all so familiar and boring. the last song I got excited about on pop radio was that one by James Bay "you be you Ill be me" or whatever it is called

I still need to check out Lordes new album...maybe it will be good...I liked her first one...well the 2 songs that got played on radio.

ok editing to say I just watched Lordes sing Green Light and Perfect Places from what I believe to be her new album... kind of interesting videos.....angsty of course in a sophomoric way ( but she is that so they are charmingly naïve to me...I liked them) ..I wouldn't down load those songs but not bad. I actually did download her first big hit. It was more fun...these are kinda drab. I think she is talented and I will still check her out.

2nd edit > so I got to wondering what Taylor S was up to too. So checked her out. New album coming out in a few days. 2 songs already dropped. The video of one is awesome I thought. Evidently some pps who hate her use a snake in some fasion ...emogi wise. She runs with the snake theme and this video is a hoot. I loved it. Bottom line don't piss Taylor off she just uses it to her advantage

video here "Look What You Made Me Do" PS it is spooky so you guys will like that https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tmd-ClpJxA

Last edited by podmom; 10-29-2017 at 10:04 AM
Old 10-29-2017, 11:20 AM
Elite Fan

Oh Pink has a new album!! Excited to check it out....I love her

Not a Taylor fan sorry!!

I haven't really heard much of Lordes....I'll have a wee listen
Old 10-30-2017, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

My niece used to sing Royals all the time

Kelly Clarkson also has a new album out. I love her voice and I'm glad she had more creative control on this album.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:27 PM
Elite Fan

Oh I like Kelly despite her music being a little cheeesy! I love her don't give a crap attitude and that she's not a skinny mini.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread