Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2020, 06:00 PM
Master Fan

It was really easy Ekua. The teacher sent an invite with a code (make sure it’s private and NOT published as I’ve heard about zoombombing ). The problem was keeping all the kids quiet so one could hear another, the teacher kept muting EVERYONE. plus a parent kind of has to be there since kids are famous for pushing things on the screen ( and keep their kindergartner seated!!). A few kids kept trying to run off.

I have no idea how I’m going to do this next week if all four kids have to zoom at once I already feel like I’m running a one room school house similar to an Amish school, or the book, Little House on the Prarie!
Old 03-27-2020, 11:06 PM
Elite Fan

Aw that’s great JJ thank you! I definitely want to try it....but not sure how’s
I’d feel with all the adults too! My kids also need a parent with them in the video (for safeguarding reasons). It’ll be fun though - I’m going to try it!

Bless you JJ! It must be difficult with four kids stuck at home! How old are they? Do they get along okay? I have two sisters and we used to fight like crazy!
Old 03-28-2020, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by aubie_ocean (View Post)
Kudos to you all who have to home school!

I can see how these new ways of doing things, will open up lots of things being able to be done at home...
I would welcome that!
Old 03-28-2020, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

JJ That is a question..how to do 4 kids if it has to be at once. They must be addressing that. Liz has 2 school age ( Grace preschool) I'll be finding out how they do it. Maybe use your phone ...laptop and Ipad if you have one? Let us know how it goes!

wickedrum Well enjoy working from home...maybe in your PJs
Old 03-28-2020, 08:25 PM
Elite Fan

I try not to give my kids too much stuff to do online....lots of practical task but that is a lot for the parents I guess. For subtraction I had them line up their toys and then take some away etc...trying to keep them engaged!
Old 03-29-2020, 06:36 AM
Master Fan

That is a great idea Ekua! My youngest ran around finding toys with shapes like squares, oval, and rectangle! So cute!

So it’s just about almost the end of the month.,.,..,hmm.....

I’ll find out tomorrow what four kids leaning new stuff looks like....I’m so nervous. Nervous our bandwidth won’t handle four kids on separate zoom conferences at once.....if not who gets priority? Schooling triage style??? older three each have chromebooks from school, my youngest uses our house computer or iPad.

Ekua they do get along for the most part, 7th grade, 5th grade, 3 rd grade, and kindergarten!
Old 03-29-2020, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
The Witcher

almost the end of the month now!
Old 03-30-2020, 07:13 AM
Elite Fan

That's great JJ! I hope it lasts Good luck with your home schooling!! I hope they're not getting tons of work to do....i'm trying not to give too much but at the same time I want to keep them engaged and up to speed, although I know that's not possible. Far too much parent help but I need to let that go....for my own sanity.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:37 AM
Master Fan

One more day until we're off the list!!!!!!!!!

I'm Aubrey
Old 03-31-2020, 08:08 AM
Elite Fan

Ekua

JJ I hope all the devices are working today!!!!!

aubie Yea lets party on this last day of this scary/fun/ annoying thread

Old 03-31-2020, 08:34 AM
Master Fan

I am so excited...great day.....last night Jason on tv and Tomorrow morning this thread should be gone!!,!
Old 04-01-2020, 06:02 AM
Administrator

This board has passed its 6 months probationary period so I'm unsticking this thread now.

Thanks everyone for all the hard work in keeping this board active.

There are those who look at things the way they are and ask why - I dream of things that never were and ask why not. - Robert F. Kennedy
Old 04-01-2020, 07:38 AM
Master Fan

Woo hoo!!!!! Ekua or aubie can you close it so it can quickly sink to the 2nd page?
Closed Thread   Post New Thread