Obsessed JB Fan #96 aka "Behrnut"

Just keep talking. I'll catch up. - Booth
Old 03-15-2005, 01:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccentric One
I'm thinking of a word that starts with a "b"

BEHR! No that can't be right
Obsessed JB Fan #160 (Better late than never)

http://rhen.sunrise-promotions.com/graphics/rhenbanner1.jpg[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 01:36 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Just for the record, Jason's "look" isn't so different from the rest of the 'guys' in Hollywood. He certainly fits right in with the crowd he hangs with. Dom wasn't exactly a fashion maven either, but he looked as sexy as hell, despite the lack of a comb, or razor. Whatever. I guess some people just like to snark.
Old 03-15-2005, 01:38 AM
Dedicated Fan

it's Mar ....again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Tan*
BEHR! No that can't be right
Nope...I'll give you another guess!

Old 03-15-2005, 01:46 AM
Passionate Fan

Breathless, you're probebly right but you know us! Always looking for a way to get Jason into the shower...
But you're right he still looks sexy as hell no matter what he looks like!!!

You don't have to be crazy to be my friend.... But it sure helps!
Old 03-15-2005, 01:50 AM
Dedicated Fan

Hello!

This is the person who used to be known as Michelle in Yonkers, but who is now wandering the streets of Austin, happily and idiotically smiling, and unable to remember her name. (Which is an improvement over last night, when I simply couldn't remember where the rental car was parked!)

First of all, I have to say Austin is lovely! Cultured, clean, and the friendliest town I have ever encountered -- from the minute you get off the plane, people are just amazingly friendly and courteous.

As I followed directions into Austin, I was nearly undone: I noticed a green highway sign overhead, that read, "Lockhart --->" (arrow). (It's my last name.) My first, jet-lagged thought was, "OMB, I just got off the plane, and they've already named a town after me!"

I narrowly missed veering onto the ramp, and zooming off in the wrong direction -- the power of suggestion to the exhausted mind. The conditions I put myself through prior to travel -- no food, no sleep, (mental) flagellation -- rival those used to crack international spies.

Sunday, Thanette and I met up with Breathless, BelevnDreams2, Cherie, BordersInsanity, and saw 2 movies. Each was in a different theater, which would be one of the venues for Shooting Livien. Scoping out the territory? Naaah. Purely coincidence.

Today, of course, the impending premiere of Livien was the focus of every plan. The contingent from San Antonio arrived: Tekgirl, Lori, howdypez, Dreamer4ever, Groundhog, and Noseedough. They had been through the convention center, and had serendipitously run into someone from the Livien crew, who handed them out bracelets, posters, postcards, etc. -- otherwise known as loot, from the Sanskrit.

We then proceede to have a lovely luncheon -- right across the street from where Livien was about to premiere. (We could even see the Convention Center out the window! One track minds, much? But when you travel thousands of miles to see a movie and don't even know if you'll get in... you worry.)

We had decided to get in line early, because having a badge did not guarnantee admission, so we strolled around seeing the convention exhibits for about an hour and got in line by 4 pm. (Premiere was at 6:30.) We were in "fantastic company" so the time passed quickly, and we had a blast. The movie whose release had seemed so far away, was now only moments from liftoff.

There was a surprise arrival: holly, from Japan! I think she was happy to recognize some familiar faces after coming all that way!

When the movie being shown in that space before Livien let out, exiting badge- and pass-holders cycled right into the line for Livien, filling us with panic. Several of the true blue fans had not bought badges or passes, and just wanted to buy tickets for Livien -- their chances at this point looked slim! But fortunately, when the stampede for seats was thinning out, there they were, and they made it in just fine.

Thanette told me that a festival volunteer had told her that this was the first year they were seeing long lines for the festival movies.

Here's the kiosk in the lobby, showing the new Livien poster. Notice the poster just beneath it...

more to come...

Last edited by Michelle in Yonkers; 03-15-2005 at 03:03 AM
Old 03-15-2005, 01:51 AM
Dedicated Fan

I forgot to share earlier.

I am the official winner of the multiple snort award.

Kara

Old 03-15-2005, 01:52 AM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks Deb and Cherie, Kara and Michelle for taking pity on us poor obsessies who are forced to live vicariously through you guys. Can't tell you how much it's appreciated that you came right out here to give us tidbits.

Sylvia
Old 03-15-2005, 02:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Michelle, loved your 1st report!!! It was so funny!
Can't wait to read more of what hapened!!!

Kara, congarts on the award!

Sylvia

You don't have to be crazy to be my friend.... But it sure helps!
Old 03-15-2005, 02:07 AM
Dedicated Fan

Finally, it was time for the Livien team to enter, and they all trouped in -- Jason Behr, Dominic Monaghan, and Joshua Leonard being the main attraction. (They ended up being seated only about 3 rows below me, and I've tried to get some shots -- but people in between kept leaning their heads into the shot. I'll see if I've got any that came out.)

The movie started as we've seen in the trailer, and ... it was fabulous! I was worried, because Jason Behr had been saying in interviews how proud he was of this movie, and there he was ... having to see it on a huge screen, and for the first time, to see it complete with audience reaction. That must be terrifying!

But the movie was wonderful. It's a very viewable and enjoyable movie in its own right, but ... it is what every Behr-fan has been hoping for: he's on camera for almost the entire movie, and he is fantastic! (It's early to call, but take it from me -- Santa has been very good to us this year!) And for Dom fans, he is also fantastic! The camaraderie and chemistry amongst the three bandmates is magnetic, totally wonderful, and I'm sure, everything the director, Rebecca Cook, was hoping for. Considering that they only found Jason last-minute, as a pinch-hitter, must be making Cook feel very, very thankful!

This will be very good for all three, and Jason, especially, finally gets a chance to show what he can do! As Thanette said (and name that quote), we were not "left wanting."

It was a moment of discovery for me -- I discovered that it is not enough to shell out for a high-powered camera, it is necessary also to learn to use said camera! But I got a few good, and a couple of great, shots and will try to figure out how to upload them and post!

I also got a several-minute clip of the Q&A (finally remembering that the camera takes video, too!) and even though I had it on "low-res", it's pretty good. SO there are goodies to come, and I'll get them on as soon as I can.

After the Q&A, Jason came forward to the railing in front of the seats, greeted fans and signed some autographs -- friendly, gracious, and courteous as he's always been with his fans. He had a beatific look on his face, the look of someone who has gone through an ordeal of suspense, and it's turned out fantastically well. He was in a pleasant kind of in shock; I think it lived up to his dreams. He has a right to be very proud of this.

Fotki seems to be down right now -- I can't get on there, and I definitely can, here, so I'll have to try again tomorrow.

Last edited by Michelle in Yonkers; 03-15-2005 at 03:17 AM
Old 03-15-2005, 02:21 AM
Part-Time Fan

Michelle Thanks so much for the report, it really is great that you guys can share it with us. Sounds like it was amazing. And Video!
Obsessed JB Fan #160 (Better late than never)

http://rhen.sunrise-promotions.com/graphics/rhenbanner1.jpg[/img]
Old 03-15-2005, 03:01 AM
Dedicated Fan

I did it!

This is LoriR, in the moment just before she ascended into the clouds! Notice behind her is most of Thanette, and our own Nosee!
Old 03-15-2005, 03:08 AM
Dedicated Fan

This is from the Q&A: Most of Rebecca Cook is on the left, with Jason and Joshua Leonard. Dominic would be next, on the right, if I were better with my trusty, new-fangled, high-tech pikshur takin' machine.

This is Jason standing up at the railing saving him, er, separating him from his fans. Notice the "beatific" look, as one who has survived a trial by fire, and triumphed!

The trial by fire was just a little draining...

I was several feet away, and zooming in with the Nikon 4800 that I am coming to love! So I could get really crisp pics, but it was hard to get a clear shot because of all the milling around, people coming between me and Himself just as the shutter clicked! But I think the camera performed beautifully!

Last edited by Michelle in Yonkers; 03-15-2005 at 03:15 AM
Old 03-15-2005, 03:12 AM
Dedicated Fan

This is during the Q&A, the bandmates and Rebecca Cook:

A few moments later, as they were wrapping it up:

Notice that Dom's jacket has safety pins up and down the lapels! My 14-year-old niece would love him. On the back of his jacket there are stamped the words: "Destruction is Creation"

There are more, and the spirit is willing but the flesh is pooped. (The flesh has been buzzed on a triple-shot of Starbuck's espresso, but even that has its limits.) I'll do more tomorrow! (Today, now.)

/

Last edited by Michelle in Yonkers; 03-15-2005 at 11:22 PM
Old 03-15-2005, 03:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow, you took some awesome pics Michelle! I think Jason looks fine - his attire is nothing different than what the average male wears these days! I'm dying to see the film now. I'm literally counting down the days until Philly! I'm so glad you guys had fun. I guess there's more pics and stories to come on Wednesday!