Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2016, 08:36 PM
Master Fan

oh ekua i love your pictures! i love that last one with all those cool buildings or temples or what are they?

and is that you? you're adorable! i thought you were blond? or was that another girl from another board?

i've always wanted to go to havana because of that Dirty Dancing movie Havana Nights or something.

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-12-2016, 04:24 AM
Elite Fan

They are temples Thousands of years old they believe. There's around 3 or 4 thousand of them in the area.

Aw thank you Aubie! I used to be blondish...but I don't think I posted a picture of me here when my hair was that colour...
Old 02-12-2016, 10:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

So cool, Ekua!

Old 02-14-2016, 03:25 PM
Master Fan

Oh thank you for those wonderful pictures! All those temples! And beautiful sunsets and monks with iPads. :>

Nice to see a WARM country, too - we had a ridiculous cold snap here overnight - It dropped to 14 below zero (that's -25C) It has NEVER been this cold here, ever. And my poor house was so cold, the furnace running full blast couldn't get it above 56 (when it was set for 68F). I just stayed in bed as long as I could, but surprisingly, you can't stay in bed forever! Got up, baked cookies, hoped the sun would warm things up.

The weird thing is, we're going to have several weeks of warm weather after this weekend. Really made going out on Valentine's Day/night before pretty risky!
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-14-2016, 10:56 PM
Elite Fan

Thank you everyone It was an amazing trip.

Lots of snow at home too I don't want to go back to that!
Old 02-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Elite Fan

what amazing pictures!!! Thank you so much for sharing them. SO cool.

That is a great picture of you Ekua you look a little like Liz from Roswell ...adorable petite girl in that picture.... I love your outfit too!!

I know ML crazy cold here too and snowing again today...turning to ice then rain. Good thing cause I need to drive to Liz tomorrow.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:56 PM
Elite Fan

Aww thank you Podmom! That's very sweet of you to say. It was actually way too hot for the scarf but you had to cover your shoulders so it was easier to just wear it like that. My friend who was with me is 5"8 so i'm tiny compared to her Funny photos of us, haha! She also has very long (fake) bright red hair which people were amazed by.....

Last edited by Ekua; 02-15-2016 at 06:15 PM
Old 02-15-2016, 08:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Really cold weekend here BUT the temp is going back up, thank heavens

Old 02-16-2016, 07:51 AM
Master Fan

Yes it will be quite a change of climates for you Ekua from Thailand to Scotland!

LOL about your tall red-haired friend getting shocked looks. I saw a woman coming in to work today who had hair dyed the color of pink cotton candy. Strange.

My officemate went home to Lebanon and it was 70F there and he came back to below zero weather here! Quite a shock. But now it's warmed up to 40-50F - Ahhh. Although it snowed last night, and then turned to ice and it was a slippery mess this morning, before the temperatures warmed up. And now it's supposed to rain and rain, so I hope it washes away all the snow (and ice).

I hope this is the end of Winter, even though we've hardly had any winter, 2-3 small snows and a couple of days of bitter cold.

I really need to sell my house and get one with insulation and a stronger furnace.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-16-2016, 08:11 AM
Master Fan

ooh gosh it was -25 here this weekend too but like -40 with windchill or something. it was gross! it hurt breathing outside. glad it's back to normal this week.

how old is your house myrnalynne?

omg Ekua, that's like me when I hang out with Lisa cause she's like 5'11 and im like 5'0!

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-16-2016, 08:37 PM
Elite Fan

I'm definitely not ready to go back I haven't really started packing yet and I leave on Monday! I have so much stuff.....just stuff....

I finally did a Thai cooking class last night! It was really fun to make food from scratch with fresh ingredients...I hope i'll be able to do it at home!!

We got to eat everything we made though....so much food!!!!

Aubie! So weird all my friends are so tall...!

Last edited by Ekua; 02-16-2016 at 11:40 PM
Old 02-18-2016, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

Do you just have clothes or do you have like furniture too to bring home? and how do you ship those home?

ohh i'd love to do a cooking class. because of the fact that you get to eat all of it in the end! was the class a big group?

and everyone is tall to me cause i'm only 5'0"

I'm Aubrey
Old 02-19-2016, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

aubie Our house was built around 1895, I think. It's old!

Cooking class sounds great Ekua especiallya the eating part at the end! :p It would be fun to learn to make Asian cuisine.

Oh the guy who plays the butler Mr Carson on Downton Abbey is in my town tonight (at the theater 2 blocks from my house), doing a charity appearance to raise money for the Nepal Earthquake. I just found out about it last night and figured it will be sold out already. Plus Mr ML likes him on Downton and didn't think he wanted to see him as 'himself.' I also found out in that article that he's married to Imelda Staunton, who is a much bigger star in the UK than he was (until Downton). He's going to make another appearance Sunday in the next town over, both at old vaudeville/turned movie theaters. It would have been cool to see him...
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 02-20-2016, 11:37 PM
Elite Fan

Today is my last full day in Thailand. So devastated to be leaving like this

Had dinner last night with my friends and colleagues at a cool restaurant called Cabbages and Condoms. Basically all the decorations and table center pieces are made from condoms... It's pretty cool. The whole idea behind it is to raise money and awareness for family planning, HIV and sexual health. It works!
Old 02-22-2016, 07:53 AM
Master Fan

omg cabbages and condoms...wow that's a way to end your trip!

hope you have a safe flight back home!

I'm Aubrey
Closed Thread   Post New Thread