Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2016, 09:22 PM
Elite Fan

There's a 7/11 on pretty much every street corner in Bangkok I don't know how they all survive. Some are literally across the road from each other. In Cambodia they have 6/10's

No 7/11's in Europe .....yet!

Haha Lisa. I wonder what the menu is like for McDonalds in Italy....most add a little something local to their menu. Here McDonalds sells rice and pork burgers.
Old 01-28-2016, 07:19 AM
Elite Fan

very interesting 7/11 McD info Ekua 6/10s we would never know that factoid without our world traveler thanks
Old 01-28-2016, 07:48 PM
Elite Fan

thanks

Another one....in Togo there's no McDonald's but they have 'Al Donald Fast Food.' Same red and yellow sign except instead of an M it's an upside down U. It's kinda nice to be away from the mass corporations though. Ghana got KFC a few years ago and people really love it! Fried chicken is a huge favourite But, with rice, not french fries But as of yet there's no McDonald's, Starbucks etc.
Old 01-28-2016, 08:05 PM
Master Fan

I'm pretty sure I saw a 7/11 in Copenhagen in 2000. I was shocked. Of all the things to export to other countries!

Everybody loves fried chicken.
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Old 01-29-2016, 01:13 AM
Elite Fan

Ah really....wouldn't have expected that! Having so many close to me is dangerous....all they sell here is unhealthy food!!
Old 01-29-2016, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

that surprises me Ekua I thought almost all Asian food was healthy

ML for weeks now I have been seeing an add up top ...all the time...for a Jewish single men web site...are you seeing that ?
Old 01-29-2016, 07:07 AM
Elite Fan

Well, it's full of potato chips, chocolate bars, fast food type sandwiches and burgers etc. The kids here eat an enormous amount of junk food at school. Their homeroom teachers are always giving them little chocolate snacks or potato chips and such like. I was shocked when I first arrived and saw how much they ate. And their school lunches are not exactly healthy.

Most Thai food is not healthy...lots of coconut milk and sugar! Thai's love sugar. And it's usually served with white or sticky rice. So very tasty! But...so bad if you eat it a lot.

It's so delicious though.....
Old 01-29-2016, 07:22 PM
Elite Fan

that all surprises me. Are your kids chubby?
Old 01-30-2016, 05:52 AM
Elite Fan

Surprisingly no! Most are of a normal weight for their age. Sure there's a few chubby, a few obese kids...but no real different to anywhere else. They do run around a lot, and I don't think they'll eat badly at home, but still....lots of junk available at school!
Old 01-30-2016, 10:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Do you think the kids there are more active than over here? I feel like kids here these days don't play enough outside...

Old 01-31-2016, 02:18 AM
Elite Fan

Um...I really don't know. I'd have to look into it....
Old 01-31-2016, 08:05 AM
Master Fan

Well with all that sugar, I'm not surprised the Thai kids are always running around and very active!

Interesting, I always think of Asian cuisines as being very healthy, but sugar and white rice aren't exactly so good.

PodMom no, I'm not getting that ad for Jewish dating - I wish Mlette was seeing it on HER computer though!

Oops I think we need a hew Bear Cave/OT thread...
Jason B is #1 with me
Fang-fan
Closed Thread   Post New Thread