Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2009, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Taylor Kitsch appreciation thread #2: If theres one thing that will never change, its our ongoing love for this man

Welcome to Taylor Kitsch appreciation thread #2

01. Poupa
02. crazycait714
03. xelanoops
04. colorful_dust
05. Hermione Weasley
06. danielle002
07. Enigma
08. asiangurl408
09. njbrc
10. kissed by starlight
11. blonde bombshell
12. diamondmolls
13. ~Natali~
14. Lothiriel
15. she.is.not.you
16. YoursToHold
17. *JenKneeSuu*
18. Halo23
19. Smiles...
20. {Melody}
21. joiefanforever
22. bhills90210
23. BA4eva
24. Rain Sierra
25. kitschycoo
26. malevine5

01. Because he's Canadian, enough said!
02. Because he has the best body.
03. Because we love his different accents.
04. Because he is an incredible actor.
05. Because he has chemistry with everyone.
06. Because he is giving to others.
07. Because he appreciates the women in his life.
08. Because his smile makes us feel happy.
09. Because his eyes tells everything that what he wants to say.
10. Because his hair always looks adorable.
11. Because we want to see him naked.
12. Because we love him with his everything.
13. Because we want to be the inanimate objects that are near him.
14. Because he is adorable with kids.
15. Because he does his own stunts.
16. Because he improvises in his own scenes.
17. Because he wants to be seen more than just a hot body.
18. Because he loves kids.
19. Because one day he wants to start his own charity.
20. Because he envision a huge ranch where he can bring kids who are sick or terminally ill and let them just have fun.
21. Because he helps his mum raise his half-sisters.
22. Because he is a family man.
23. Because he is our dream guy
24. Because he wants to be a respected actor not a celebrity.
25. Because he constantly strives to improve his acting skills
26. Because he's willing to try on different roles
27. Because he is the master mind behind calling his fellow panthers by their numbers.
28. Because he doesn't want to be known as "Just that guy on the show that's always shirtless".
29. Because he’s absurdly funny.
30. Because he is a hot mess of ridiculousness.
31. Because "I would murder to play Gambit again".
32. Because he improvised "Texas forever", "No regrets", "Six", "Seven".
33. Because he’s absurdly funny.
34. Because he is a hot mess of ridiculousness.
35. Because he is manly.
36. Because he immerses himself with each role he takes on
37. Because he's not in the tabloids
38. Because he calls Kyle Chandy
39. Because he makes us go mental
40. Because even Hugh's wife went all "Hubba Hubba Hubba"

"I'd rather go and treat my bros to something. Go to a hockey game, dinner, and just have crazy fun night." -Taylor on ET Canada!

"Kristin: How was it good for you to be out of work for so long? What have you been doing with yourself?"
"Taylor: Hung out with family, friends. Was back home for a while. I do bunch of charity works lately, which is great. So, so amazing."
-Taylor.

"What's really sweet and admirable about Taylor is his relationship with his Mom. She's his best friend, and he helps her around the house and is very involved with his two little sisters. He's very family-oriented and never tries to impress anyone. He's simple and low-maintenance and doesn't care at all how he looks. If anything, he tries to downplay his looks on the show. He's so anti-pretty boy, you wouldn't believe it." -Minka.

"He arrives at our photoshoot and interview on time, and he just got off the phone with his mom, whom he calls his number one fan." -Tribeza magazine.

"He recently single-handedly entertained his two preteen sisters when they visited Austin from Canada." -Tribeza magazine.

"Tim Riggins (Taylor Kitsch) on Friday Night Lights (NBC). Riggins is one of those wild-man jocks who likes to drink beer ’til all hours and bust heads - on the field and off. The role could have been a lunkhead stereotype, but Kitsch brings a poignancy and woundedness to the role of Riggins on this worthy NBC drama." -Fall TV's Best New Characters.

"Adding unexpected depth to his FNL role, Kitsch proves that he can take a role and run with it." -Entertainment Weekly.

"Riggins is such a lived in, realistic character that you forget the guy is acting. Kitsch gives the character such nuance and texture that you believe this is a real person, not a television character.” -shrinkblog.blogspot.com

"He has created one of the best characters on network television." -shrinkblog.blogspot.com

"Riggins (Taylor Kitsch) deserves an Emmy for his emotional acting when saying goodbye to “J6? in New Jersey. His brief sob opened a window into his soul and showed us his conflicting emotions of sadness that his best friend would be moving away." -stangablehasgreathair.com

"Then I had an opportunity to go to New York. I've always loved the arts and I just had an opportunity to study acting with this amazing coach. If I do something, it's all or nothing, just like with hockey. So now, with acting, I love it." -Taylor.

"I got kind of obsessive. I was studying like 40 hours a week, plugging away at all these novels and books on different methods of acting. I lived for class." -Taylor.

"I want to see the swimming scene, just because we did so much work for that shot. I had to learn the butterfly for two months. I’m excited to see how that turns out." -Taylor on the swimming scene in the Convenant.

"How much of the stunts are you guys doing them?
We're doing all of it."
-Taylor on the Convenant.

"How do you guys like doing these stunts?
I love it. For one, it's a great experience. Two, it helps with the character as well. Knowing that you're going to be doing all that stuff. We did a month previous training on the wires and whatnot, so by the time it comes to shooting, like today and tomorrow, you've got the utmost confidence with everyone and yourself."
-Taylor on the Convenant.

"Did you seek inspiration for playing the character?
His looks come from a movie called State of Grace. His hair and some of the mannerisms are from the character played by Gary Oldman. I love watching Sean Penn and take as much as I can from him for this character, but I also have to make him my own, so a lot of his personality comes from what I choose."
-Taylor on Tim.

"And I'm figuring out the parallels I have with this character, reacting in the scenes while I'm doing them. I don't mind talking about it, my father is out of my life, more or less (as is the case with the brooding and complex Riggins). So I discover stuff that maybe I wasn't even dealing with as a person." -Taylor on Tim.

"Taylor Kitsch [Tim Riggins] did every single practice scene for season three," Riemer says. "The actors want to do as much as we let them even if it's 110 degrees out." -Justin Riemer, the show's football coordinator.

"He understands I want to do as much as possible, but he also understands the limitations. Trust is everything. I love that part of the character, and being with the guys out there on the field" -Taylor on Gambit.

"I love that pressure. I trained for four months with cards. I learned how to use a bo staff. I know Gambit inside out. I just saw a good chunk of the movie and I’m pretty happy with it. I think the biggest thing for me is to be able to walk away without saying I would have done this or that differently. This time, I can truly say that." -Taylor on Gambit in Vanity Fair.

"He understands I want to do as much as possible, but he also understands the limitations. Trust is everything. I love that part of the character, and being with the guys out there on the field" -Taylor.

"There was no way a stunt double was doing anything for him." -Hugh.

"Water, berries…I’ve got to lose a bunch of weight for a role [I might play] as a guy who gets addicted to drugs. All my muscle’s going, man." -Taylor on Kevin Carter, at TV Guide.

"Photographer Kevin Carter, who later committed suicide, is being played by US actor Taylor Kitsch who did not join the rest of the cast as he was having his hair dyed dark brown for the role." -The Times.

"Rautenbach said Kitsch lost nearly 14kg to play the role of Carter." -The Times.

"AWARD-winning South African actress Fiona Ramsay is teaching the Hollywood stars of the film The Bang Bang Club how to speak like S’Effricans. Taylor Kitsch — who plays photographer Kevin Carter — is having an easier time of it than Ryan Phillippe, who has a more pronounced American twang." -The Times.

"I love Kids. I love working with them a lot.” -Taylor's interview with Kristen on E!

"He hopes to make documentary about the children of Africa.” -Tribeza magazine.

"He took part in the Nautica Malibu Triathlon, which benefits Children's Hospital Los Angeles, but not just to show off his abs. Taylor is out to support fitness activities for kids.” -Men's Health.

"I went into the Children's Hospital in L.A. a little over a year ago and it changed me. Ever since then I've been working with the hospital whenever I can. The Nautica Malibu Triathlon this year was great, just being around the kids and fitness. The kids had a little race and I handed out medals to them. So they're super excited already and then when they come to the finish line and see the medal, they just freeze. Just seeing their faces and talking to them, you get their sense of energy and life. It's a great feeling. I think I get more out of it than they do.” -Taylor in Men's Health.

"I'd like to help kids inside the hospital and outside, as well. I usually go in the children's hospital and talk and read to kids who are terminally ill.” -Taylor.

"Why is it important for you to be a healthy role model for kids?
Video games and computers have become babysitters for kids. Parents have to lead by example. I have two little sisters and I help my mom raise them. You just try to give them knowledge piece by piece and tell them, '[By eating well and being active,] you're going to feel a lot better about yourself, you're going to be able to do better at school, you're going to have more energy in sports.' I think it's about self-empowerment, as well - giving kids choices. It starts with coaches, teachers, and especially parents, by living healthy themselves.”
-Taylor in Men's Health.

"I’m in a league here right now, which is great. It’s therapy for me. I’ve got a motorcycle and hockey; those are my two things that are therapy for me. I’ve missed like the last six games due to work, but I think I’m still the leading defensive scorer in the league, so that’s nice." -Taylor.

"I played a good 20 years, so it’s shaped a lot of my values and everything else. I love it." -Taylor.

"I was absolutely traumatized when I had no more hockey left because I truly believed my whole life that I would be a hockey player. Other people told me, ‘Hey, you’re young. There are other opportunities.’ But I didn’t believe it because of my mindset because I was so disappointed. But you just have to move forward and progress despite disappointments in life because they’re bound to happen. I guarantee that if you set your mind to it and prepare, you’ll create new chances for yourself. It’s inevitable. It really is.” -Taylor.

"The Canadian-born actor–who stars as a troubled football player on Friday Night Lights–started playing hockey at age 3. "We had a pond in our backyard that would freeze over, and we'd play on it before and after school until dinnertime." -People.com.

"As a certified nutritionish and personal trainer, he exercises every day and eats a healthy diet" -Tribeza magazine.

"I just had some nachos last night! But, yeah, I usually eat pretty tight. Once in a while I'll go off, but I'm normally strict about it. I love to train super hard, and if you feed your body crap it's not going to work for you." -Women's health.

"Kitsch himself- not some pestering food wonk- is the mastermind behind his ripped eight-pack, thanks to nutritional training at the University of Lethbridge, in Alberta. His simple strategy of "Disciplined eating and regular workouts" can help keep you lean, too." -Men's health.

"I'm not a morning person, but you're never going to regret going to the gym. When you have your workout behind you, you feel a lot better. You have this energy that probably 90 percent of people aren't going to have today because they didn't do it. It just gives you a kick-start. It's also time to clear my head before the day. Especially if you're dealing with work or personal crap, it just gives you that stress relief. Take it out on the weights, go for a hard run" -Taylor.

"Favorite excerise: You're on your butt and your knees are right by your chest; your feet are off the floor. Your buddy has a 10-pound medicine ball and he literally chucks it at you for 90 seconds. You're throwing it as hard as you can back to him and he's calling you out as you do that. If you give one throw back that's a rainbow, he'll whip it at you harder. It's really high intensity. You want to get up and punch the guy in the face, but the pain makes you feel incredible after. He's in your face throwing it as fast as he can or he'll go like 8 feet back. Or he'll walk all the way around you and you'll have to toss it in all directions. It's good for your lumbar spine as well so it's a complete core exercise" -Taylor.

"I believe that Taylor and I have really grown together on this show. We let it all hang out in those last two days. We challenged each other. We spitballed and just threw the most random lines at each other to see if we could make the other guy drop the ball. We laughed, we tackled it all with reckless abandon up until the last scene. We weren't careless though. We know Jason and Riggs, 6 and Timmy. " -Scott.

"Hell, yeah, it’s depressing! Bastards. Especially that Taylor Kitsch, showing himself off in all those damn muscle magazines and everything. Meanwhile, I’m counting my extra gray hairs every morning. But it’s neat to see those guys do well. I was there at one point, so I know where they are. They’ve got great years ahead of ’em. " -Kyle.

"Kitsch is gonna be a star, and it was my pleasure to spend my last two days with him." -Scott.

"Kitsch? Oh God!" -Kyle.

"He is gorgeous...Let’s face it" -Adrianne.

"Thank God he got his looks...He’s a Canadian, you know?" -Minka.

"He is a Canadian. I mean..is that not enough?" - Zach.

"He likes Pizza. He likes his grease wheel a lot. Like, if you feed him grease wheel, he will be one happy camper" - Aimee.

"he’s so good at this simple sincerity. Everything he does is so honest, and it’s touching. And of course, he’s still the “pretty boy” too, but he’s so sincere, it’s just heartbreaking." -Stacey.

"He has the dirtiest sense of humor of anyone I've ever met" - Adrianne.

"Working with Taylor is fun" - Minka.

"Favorite scene to film: really liked filming all the football stuff for this year's championship game at Memorial Stadium. It really hit Taylor and I both that even if the show stayed on the air and even if we stayed on the show, that was our last time putting on a Panthers uniform." - Zach.

"I can say it. He's sexy, right? He's a little bit like a junior Wolverine in a way. He's a little bit of a wise guy. He's an outsider. He's got some issues himself. He's mischievous. He's cheeky. He's a bit of a badass."- Hugh.

Last edited by Poupa; 06-02-2009 at 12:27 AM
Old 04-12-2009, 11:54 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for the new thread, Danielle Love the title so much.

I can't wait to see this thread revamped
Old 04-13-2009, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

Thanks for getting this one up Dani! It's greatly appreciated.

I know Sarah. It's a Sal!OP too so it will be amazing.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

your welcome
Old 04-13-2009, 12:11 AM
Master Fan

I saw a sneak preview of it and it's so pretty. Hee
Old 04-13-2009, 07:41 AM
Elite Fan

thanks for the new thread

The OP is going to rock
Old 04-13-2009, 08:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the new thread, Dani The title is beautiful <3

I'm halfway done with the OP, I'm just collecting quotes now

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 04-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Elite Fan

Because he is manly
Old 04-13-2009, 09:00 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're thinking of more reasons? Love this one.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 04-14-2009, 12:39 AM
Elite Fan

Because he immerses himself with each role he takes on
Because he's not in the tabloids
Because he calls Kyle Chandy

Random ones.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:04 AM
Master Fan

I love all these new reasons
Old 04-14-2009, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

More awesome reasons

Because he makes us go mental
Because even Hugh's wife went all "Hubba Hubba Hubba"

Dani, could you add the reasons Fra, Ha and I mentioned?

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 04-14-2009, 04:43 AM
Elite Fan

love the reasons!
Old 04-14-2009, 09:37 AM
Fan Forum Star

I finished revamping the OP, and added it to the 1st post

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 04-14-2009, 11:20 AM
Master Fan