Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2017, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think I did know Evan was from here. He probably lived in Grand Blanc. That's the decent suburb outside of Flint. I think the current series of AHS is based in Michigan.

Taylor did not do a lot for X-Men Origins and I think most of it had to do with the fact that he was filming Bang Bang Club. If you notice the one premiere he was at he was slimmer and his hair was darker.

Most seem to agree that Gambit was the best part of X-Men Origins. I think if the movie would have been more successful they might have asked Taylor back. The fact that he was the star of two big movies that underperformed in 2012 certainly didn't help...but yeah, I think they wanted more star power. I don't know if Channing Tatum is the answer though. Most aren't behind that casting either. And I just saw that they completely scrapped the previous script and are starting all over again. I only know this because I see the tweets saying why not just start all over with Taylor Kitsch?
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:55 PM
Addicted Fan

Star power, and plus Gambit is also Channing's own Deadpool. That is, just as Ryan Reynolds desperately wanted that part, Channing really wanted Gambit. The fan and critical reaction to X-Men Origins: Wolverine was so bad, the producers probably got scared and wanted to distance the franchise from it, and that probably meant everyone remaining in the cast except Hugh.
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 03:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think most peoples rationalization that did like Taylor as Gambit was that Ryan was in that movie too and he still got another shot with Deadpool. Why shouldn't Taylor? But it does come down to star power for sure. But then again, if it's a good movie, bottom line, people will see it. Ryan isn't exactly Brad Pitt.
Old 10-05-2017, 08:25 PM
Addicted Fan

FYI:

Gore Verbinski To Direct ‘Gambit’ With Channing Tatum At Fox | Deadline
Old 10-06-2017, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I just need this thing to be made so we can stop hearing about it. Daniel Craig possibly being attached is just twisting the knife for me. I love him.
Old 10-06-2017, 09:10 PM
Addicted Fan

I hadn't heard the Daniel rumor. That would be cool, actually. Seeing Verbinski attached raised my interest level a bit. I'd go to see Channing anyway, but with Verbinski directing it could end up being an entertaining movie. Eight hours long LOL but entertaining.
Old 10-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm over it.
Old 10-07-2017, 09:16 AM
Master Fan

You couldn't pay me to go see it. I feel like they totally disrespected Taylor with this. BUT I wouldn't want him to do it anyway.
Old 10-07-2017, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He seemed pretty removed from it all when he did that interview with Sirius. I get the impression he's probably tired of being asked about it and the way this film has been delayed over and over again just leads to more and more questions if he would do it.

He seems to be pretty steadfast in not wanting to do that big budget green screen movie work right now or in the near future.

I won't see it...I don't mind Channing but the only reason I'd see a comic book movie voluntarily would be if Taylor was in it.
Old 10-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Master Fan

Coincidently it was on HBO this afternoon. I am currently watching his scenes. God does he look good... and his accent! Sigh.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:00 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
He seemed pretty removed from it all when he did that interview with Sirius. I get the impression he's probably tired of being asked about it and the way this film has been delayed over and over again just leads to more and more questions if he would do it.

He seems to be pretty steadfast in not wanting to do that big budget green screen movie work right now or in the near future.

I won't see it...I don't mind Channing but the only reason I'd see a comic book movie voluntarily would be if Taylor was in it.
Gambit is such a cool character, I'm intrigued enough to want to see it. Depends on the trailer to be honest.

I think Taylor probably knew he wasn't going to be asked back as soon as the movie's initial reception was so largely negative. I think he got over it a long time ago. And I think he really means what he said in that interview about wishing them and Channing all the best.

I just don't see him taking any superhero role now. He knows both the career risks and the physical demands. And plus he'd probably have to sign a multipicture deal and I don't see him going back on his word about never doing that again.

Of course, simply because I sound so confident about knowing what Taylor wants and doesn't want, come Monday there will be a huge announcement that he's signed to play Green Lantern or Nightwing.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
I think Taylor probably knew he wasn't going to be asked back as soon as the movie's initial reception was so largely negative. I think he got over it a long time ago. And I think he really means what he said in that interview about wishing them and Channing all the best.
I'm sure you are right about Taylor being sincere about his good wishes. But I doubt he knew he wouldn't be asked back right away... it wasn't his fault the movie didn't do well. Hugh went on to make how many more Wolverine movies? Plus, didn't Taylor actually get good reviews?
Old 10-07-2017, 07:21 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

He also seem frustrated that a lot of the criticism of his character was the lack of an accent which he actually worked on and wanted in the movie. The powers that be said no. So to lose creative control over that and then have people think you just can't do it as opposed to the studio just pulling it had to be frustrating.

And yes, Taylor was often referred to as the bright spot of that movie. Ryan went on to get his own movie out of it.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:42 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
He also seem frustrated that a lot of the criticism of his character was the lack of an accent which he actually worked on and wanted in the movie. The powers that be said no. So to lose creative control over that and then have people think you just can't do it as opposed to the studio just pulling it had to be frustrating.

And yes, Taylor was often referred to as the bright spot of that movie. Ryan went on to get his own movie out of it.
I didn't even remember that Ryan was in the movie! lol I've never actually watched the whole thing beginning to end. Taylor DID have an accent. What was their beef???
Old 10-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I mean Remy has a really really heavy cajun accent. I remember Taylor having a bit of a southern twang but nothing like it should have been.
Reply   Post New Thread