Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2024, 10:35 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I need to reassess all of my streaming services. I don't really blink at price hikes but I don't use a lot of them consistently. Netflix and Paramount+ I use but there are so many others that are once in a blue moon situation when there's a specific show I want to check out. I could easily sign up for like a month and that's it. Plus, it's so hard to keep track of what is bundled. Like I have Showtime bundled with Paramount +, I don't need all the bundles either.
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2024, 06:03 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I need to reassess all of my streaming services. I don't really blink at price hikes but I don't use a lot of them consistently. Netflix and Paramount+ I use but there are so many others that are once in a blue moon situation when there's a specific show I want to check out. I could easily sign up for like a month and that's it. Plus, it's so hard to keep track of what is bundled. Like I have Showtime bundled with Paramount +, I don't need all the bundles either.
Totally get this! We don't use Disney+ enough, but it's bundled to an old Hulu offer. I think if I drop it, I'll pay more to start it again. I really need younger kids or Disney nerds to justify the monthly charge. I think we tend to forget about it.

I don't have Peacock or Paramount active right now. I will reactive when we're ready to finish Yellowstone. I have no idea when that will be.

Netflix and Apple TV are part of my T-Mobile service, BUT I am now paying for no ads on Netflix. I could have Hulu free through T-Mobile as well, except they don't have a no ads option right now. I'll wait, I guess. I'm not freaking watching commercials.

Streaming seemed so good in the beginning. Pay for what you want and not for 300 channels you don't. It's become far too complex.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:43 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Streaming is turning into cable but much more inconvenient. We grew up being able to flip channels. Like I wear out the last channel button on my remote but if you're streaming whatever on different platforms you have to go in and out and it's not quick. Really that's only an issue when streaming sports and trying to watch multiple games. I hate when NFL games are on Amazon.

I do need to utilize the free services because I have T-Mobile so I could get free Hulu, though I'm thinking of switching to Verizon because T-Mobile service is non-existent at our cottage.
Old 02-28-2024, 11:12 PM
Passionate Fan

Prices for streaming services have gotten ridiculous!! I dropped Disney + at the end of last year because our kids are older and they don’t want to watch the kid movies anymore so I wasn’t going to pay for something they weren’t watching. I told them if they want it in the future they can pay for it or split the monthly cost.

Direct TV doesn’t really give us anything for free but they did just wrap Paramount in with our Showtime subscription. Honestly, I didn’t see much on their platform that I want to watch anyhow but my oldest will probably binge all the old seasons of The Amazing Race.
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2024, 05:25 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I use Paramount + a lot to catch up on CBS reality shows because those are usually the ones I consistently watch.

I should drop AppleTV because while they have some good shows, it’s limited.
Old 03-02-2024, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
I use Paramount + a lot to catch up on CBS reality shows because those are usually the ones I consistently watch.

I should drop AppleTV because while they have some good shows, it’s limited.
I only have it bc it's part of T-Mobile.
Old 03-02-2024, 01:41 PM
Master Fan

I only use Paramount+ to watch women's soccer. Although Paul Wesley has a show on it that he just won a Saturn Award for. I may have to check it out. I don't have Paramount+ but I have a friends log in.
Old 03-03-2024, 06:26 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

All the original programing on all the different services is hard to keep up with...so many choices!
Old 03-10-2024, 12:40 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's almost impossible to keep up with. If I don't hear about something new on Twitter or that a new season has dropped I'll probably miss it.

I also think it really dilutes a show going viral or something that has everyone talking. I think the only streaming service that still kind of does that is Netflix, but like give me the days when Tiger King drop on Netflix and it takes over Twitter. It'll never be like that again.
Old 03-11-2024, 06:13 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I feel like Twitter is dead.
Old 04-19-2024, 08:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I think we already deduced this but 'American Primeval' will be released in the back half of 2024.

Quote:
Netflix is gearing up for a big second half of 2024.

Co-CEO Ted Sarandos teased a host of marquee series set to debut in the last six months of the year on the streamer’s first-quarter earnings call Wednesday. Sarandos was asked about going into this year’s upfront market for advertisers and promised that buyers will see a long list of anticipated titles at Netflix’s presentation.

Among the returning series set to premiere in the second half of the year are second seasons of Squid Game — the streamer’s biggest series of all time — and The Night Agent, the final season of Cobra Kai, and new seasons for Outer Banks, Emily in Paris and Ryan Murphy’s Monster anthology, whose second season will focus on Lyle and Erik Menendez. Among the new series set for the back half of the year are Peter Berg’s Western American Primeval, limited series Senna — about legendary Formula 1 driver Ayrton Senna — and an adaptation of Elin Hilderbrand’s novel The Perfect Couple, starring Nicole Kidman and Liev Schreiber.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv...ix-1235877119/
Old 04-20-2024, 10:07 PM
Passionate Fan

I’m glad Netflix is making an announcement about this and I can’t wait to watch it. Will they release a trailer or teaser as it gets closer to airing?
Crazy4books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Back half can be anything from June to December!
Old 04-21-2024, 06:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My guess would be fall release, but I'm hoping maybe September. It can be your bday gift.

I think we talked before about maybe wanting it out before Yellowstone starts to drop. Or that's what I would assume but I don't know what Netflix's rationale is.
Old 04-22-2024, 03:55 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I always love a Taylor Birthday gift! September would be nice.

Quote:
My guess would be fall release, but I'm hoping maybe September. It can be your bday gift.

I think we talked before about maybe wanting it out before Yellowstone starts to drop. Or that's what I would assume but I don't know what Netflix's rationale is.
Who knows what Netflix is ever thinking. They seem to have no rhyme or reason to anything they do.