Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 12-17-2022, 11:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I hate all things cauliflower and can’t imagine eating a pizza made of it. Yuck!!!!

I wonder if his gluten issues is one of the reasons he eats so clean?
Old 12-19-2022, 10:13 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Cauliflower crust is actually pretty good. It doesn't taste like cauliflower at all and as long as you really put toppings on it you might not notice much of a difference. I'm not an eat cauliflower alone kind of girl either but it doesn't bother me.

I think he does have gluten issues.
Old 12-19-2022, 12:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

I've tried cauliflower pizza crust. It's not bad but I'd rather have regular crust. I do like raw cauliflower dipped in ranch dressing. I don't like it hot though. I'd rather eat most of my veggies raw with dip.
Old 12-19-2022, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Opting to eat gluten free with a thyroid issue isn't a bad idea. He probably does feel better when he eats GF.
He has always seemed to be a pretty intentional eater. Waay waay back when he was first in Hollywood, he would eat a container of cottage cheese for his meals as it was a good source of protein.

Because he does eat well and stays in shape...I've never understood why he chews. You would think he wouldn't make that choice. He has to know it's bad for his health.

I've only listened to the one Scott podcast. I'm behind, again, on the other one too.
Old 12-19-2022, 06:48 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
Opting to eat gluten free with a thyroid issue isn't a bad idea. He probably does feel better when he eats GF.
He has always seemed to be a pretty intentional eater. Waay waay back when he was first in Hollywood, he would eat a container of cottage cheese for his meals as it was a good source of protein.

Because he does eat well and stays in shape...I've never understood why he chews. You would think he wouldn't make that choice. He has to know it's bad for his health.
That's funny that you said that about the chewing because I just said the exact same thing in the other thread.
Old 12-21-2022, 03:15 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4books (View Post)
I hate all things cauliflower and can’t imagine eating a pizza made of it. Yuck!!!!
I agree. This made Keto difficult for me because cauliflower in recipes is a staple. I could taste it in the pizza crust for sure. Yuck.
Old 12-22-2022, 04:06 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

When I go into Costco now all I see are Keto things, where were those items five years ago when I was doing it?
Old 12-23-2022, 12:29 AM
Passionate Fan

There is such a bigger market now for all things Keto, Paleo and GF then there was several years ago. I tried the Keto bread that Costco sells and it was terrible.
Old 12-23-2022, 09:12 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The Keto bread at Kroger isn't terrible, but then again if I do pop onto Keto for awhile I forget about what real pasta and other starches actually taste like until I start indulging in them again. Like now Birchbenders makes waffle and keto pancakes, when I first did it I was making cream cheese and egg blueberry pancakes...which actually were pretty good.
Old 12-24-2022, 04:30 AM
Part-Time Fan

I listened to a few episodes of the new “It’s not only football” FNL and beyond podcast while wrapping presents. It is entertaining so far!
Old 12-25-2022, 05:31 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by exploreoutdoors (View Post)
I listened to a few episodes of the new “It’s not only football” FNL and beyond podcast while wrapping presents. It is entertaining so far!
That’s good to know!
I’m still behind on both podcasts. Not sure when I’ll catch up. This next week should be slow for me.
Old 12-25-2022, 09:18 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
The Keto bread at Kroger isn't terrible, but then again if I do pop onto Keto for awhile I forget about what real pasta and other starches actually taste like until I start indulging in them again. Like now Birchbenders makes waffle and keto pancakes, when I first did it I was making cream cheese and egg blueberry pancakes...which actually were pretty good.
The Keto Birchbenders stuff has a weird bitter aftertaste for me that I just can’t get past. I’ve tried other Birchbender stuff and enjoyed it so it must be the keto specific items that I don’t care for.
Old 12-26-2022, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Keto is basically zero sugar so it's probably the substitute sugar that is off-putting. If you're not used to it then it's weird, once you get used to it anything with sugar tastes overwhelming.
Old 12-26-2022, 09:39 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Keto is basically zero sugar so it's probably the substitute sugar that is off-putting. If you're not used to it then it's weird, once you get used to it anything with sugar tastes overwhelming.
My mom had Heinz no sugar added ketchup. It was soooo disgusting... a look at the ingredients revealed the culprit...stevia. I do not like it Sam I am. The after taste is a hard no for me. My substitute preference is monk fruit with erythritol.

I had sugar while we were gone. Not sure when I will learn. It's not a good choice for me.
Old 12-28-2022, 08:10 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ketchup is basically sugar so it's hard to even get close to the original taste.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread