Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Every Rose Has Its Thorn (3.05) Episode Discussion

Episode Description
Cash exposes a new side to himself in front of Tyra, McCoy is getting even more of the limelight which puts Matt even further on edge, and takes it out on himself and those around him. Elsewhere, Jason is unhappy with Erin's actions.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

No posts?

It's Jason's first episode(YAY!) and T/J/B/H

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 02-13-2009, 10:40 AM
Elite Fan

It's not on till tonight though right?

Thanks for starting this thread up hon.
Old 02-13-2009, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Star

It is? Damn, I saw it bumped on FNL board and I thought it was yesterday I should have remembered better that it's on Fridays. Anyway, it doesn't hurt starting it a day before

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 02-13-2009, 03:41 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, it's on Friday, so Saturday for you! LOL. Ain't time zones grand?

It doesn't hurt to be prepared since I might have forgotten or something.
Old 02-13-2009, 03:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

They are a pain.

Yeah, I, when I remember (lol), open the episode discussion on James' board a day earlier or something. So since I saw it on FNL board, I remembered.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 02-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Elite Fan

I will watch though since Jay is back! My sister has been asking where did he go?
Old 02-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Fan Forum Star

I need to rewatch the episodes soon, or at least my fave scenes of them.

My sister told me today how she wants to watch Jason/Herc/Tim/Billy scenes so much

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 02-13-2009, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Love this episode so far! But I hate when Billy gets Tim into messes!!!
Old 02-13-2009, 07:31 PM
Fan Forum Star

As soon as I see Tim/Jason/Herc sitting there facing Billy, I burst out laughing These four are great
Old 02-14-2009, 04:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Jen, you made it here!

I thought Billy learnt better not to deal with Ferret Guy, who beat Tim before and had them both at a gun point. Now he was making business with him? So not right.

The Tim/Jason/Herc scene when they were asking Billy was hilarious They were like little kids waiting for permission to play or something.

I love the last scene of Tim/Jason, how Tim went to check on him outside after Erin left.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 02-14-2009, 09:01 AM
Fan Forum Star

Sally, yes I did

I loved how Tim went out and checked on Jason too. And you could tell he knew that Jason wasn't tellin the truth about what Erin said.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

So happy to see you here, hun!

They are amazing BFFs that understand eachother so well

Zach wrote a blog on the episode:

Quote:
'Friday Night Lights': Zach Gilford blogs last night's show

Drama in Dillon. After Smash road off into the sunset of College Station, Tex. (and he will be greatly missed), everyone's lives kept going. Tami is all up in everyone's business, trying to keep Tyra from dating a pill-popping cowboy, and freaking out that Julie got, in my opinion, an extremely tacky rope-heart tattoo. Watching this story unfold was extremely special for my parents and me, because at the young age of 13 the words "pip 33" were inked into my flesh (still there today). These scenes with the Taylor family were so similar to the "discussions" (me being yelled at) that took place in my house; it felt like I was watching home movies.

In other Panther news, Street is back. He's teamed up with a lovable band of idiots (Herc and the brothers Riggins) and trying to flip Buddy's house to raise a "nest egg" for his new born, Noah (a "nest egg" is actually the act of putting a pseudo egg in a hen's nest to encourage it to lay more; the connection between this and financial savings is not entirely clear to me, but oh well). And after, heroically, coming in as a sophomore, stepping into the huge shadow of Jason Street, after valiantly leading the team to a Texas state title, after almost three, I may say, courageous seasons as the starter, young Matt Saracen has been benched for the younger, and apparently better, J.D.

McCoy? Really? C'mon coach, he's a freshman...and he's not even cool. (Everyone is thinking it, I just said it.) Seriously, though, his name is Joe Doyle and he likes to brag about the fact that his parents bronzed his first diaper. Lame.

Bring Voodoo back, fine, he was kinda intimidating and nefarious. A good Goliath to Matt's David. Even his name was scary, "Voodoo," petty creepy. But Joe Doyle? The kid has a trust fund, what's unnerving about that? Of course he's good, his daddy hired a private coach who used to play QB for USC or some fancy school like that, but Matt has heart. Michael Jordan was the greatest basketball player ever because he made the players around him better. Matt Saracen makes his team better. This McCoy kid is a question mark. Eric Taylor said it himself, "I know Matt Saracen, I don't know your son." Well where's that mentality now coach? Funny how quickly one loss can make you forget the little people that helped you get that pretty ring on your finger (not the wedding ring, the state championship ring).

Fine, whatever coach, you're just mad that I used to hook up with your daughter. And now that I'm a backup, I'll probably have a lot more free time. Maybe I'll spend it with Julie.

Seven's got a lot of stuff going on right now, what with his grandma and his mom, not to mention the fact that Carlotta doesn't have Internet in the Guatemalan village she moved back to, so he can't even iChat with her. (I'm hooking you up with a little insider information here, may be on the DVD deleted scenes, but hasn't made it into an episode yet.) The last thing Saracen needs is a quarterback controversy. But true to his name (a "Saracen" is a nomad of the Syrian and Arabian desert at the time of the Roman empire), he will not give up, but strive to find fresh pastures. He may mope for a little bit like any high school kid would, but to quote the wise sage Tami Taylor, he'll "pull himself up by the bootstraps," whatever that means.

After three years, you get attached to your character. It gets harder and harder to separate yourself from him and you start taking things personally. Thus, this episode was dreaded. The proverbial writing was on the wall from episode 1, but watching it play out was painful. Ineffectual as it was, I tried playing harder in practice, I poured over the playbook and committed all of its intricacies to memory. But it was to no avail. I guess that kind of stuff doesn't affect the scripts. There was nothing I could do. I was getting benched.

Honestly, it has been humbling. Losing your job to a trust fund baby named Joe Doyle will knock anyone's ego down a couple notches. All I can do now is work hard, enjoy my extra time with Julie, and wait for my chance to make a dramatic comeback.

'Friday Night Lights': Zach Gilford blogs last night's show | PopWatch Blog | EW.com

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 02-15-2009, 02:30 PM
Elite Fan

I still love Tim parroting Buddy's line to convince everyone.

Tim was so concerned watching Jason and Erin, he could tell what happened. He'd do anything for Jason, he just wants to help him.

cheldax46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Star

I couldn't stop laughing when Tim kept repeating that line, and their reaction? Priceless

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Reply   Post New Thread