Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2009, 03:22 AM
Fan Forum Star

Episode Discussion: 3.08 - New York, New York

New York, New York

Episode Description
Tim is worried when Jason talks about leaving Dillon. Money troubles cause a riff between Tami and Eric. Tyra leans on Cash when things get tough, while Julie talks to her dad about Matt's idea.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

A review on tonight's episode:

Quote:
Friday Night Delights

If you only watch one episode of Friday Night Lights, tonight’s episode (9 p.m. on NBC) is the one to watch.

It’s Jason Street’s (Scott Porter) final episode and his story arc is so compelling that at the end of the hour I found myself wishing that we could have spin-off that would follow Jason on his new adventure.(It could air right after the series about Smash's life in college). It’s a testament to Porter’s fantastic range as an actor that he is so utterly believable as a determined man who must navigate a new future for himself. As a viewer, I believed that Jason could make just about anything happen for himself. There’s a moment in tonight’s episode where a character tells Jason, "there’s no one else like you man."

And it’s so true. There’s really isn’t a character on TV like Jason Street and I’m hoping someone snatches Scott Porter right up because I will watch whatever show he’s in.

Now let’s talk about Tim Riggins. Although the episode is about Street’s journey, Taylor Kitsch also shines. The friendship between Riggins and Street is a rarity for TV. It's a male camaraderie that isn't a bromance but rather based on a lifetime of experiences. The hour allows Kitsch to be funny (wait to you hear him talk about the musical Gypsy), loyal and I’m telling you right now you are going to need tissues for the final scene.

It’s an episode about the power of believing in yourself, triumphing over adversity and the friends who stay with you no matter what. I think it’s one of the best hours of television I’ve seen and I don’t want you to miss it?

Friday Night Delights - TV Gal - Zap2it

I love this episode, at the same time hate that it ended with Street's departure and Tim/Jason saying their goodbyes In the above article, the writer summed up their friendship real well.

The friendship between Riggins and Street is a rarity for TV. It's a male camaraderie that isn't a bromance but rather based on a lifetime of experiences.

&

It’s an episode about the power of believing in yourself, triumphing over adversity and the friends who stay with you no matter what.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |

Last edited by Poupa; 03-07-2009 at 04:43 AM
Old 03-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love this episode So much amazing Tim/Jason scenes
Old 03-07-2009, 05:40 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's definitely one of my fave, because of T/J scenes. Also Eric/Tami's house storyline was lovely.

Is that the episode where MJ have a dinner with ET?

I posetd lots of reviews on the episode, concerning T/J on the news thread.

I'm guessing Scott will write the blog for this episodes. Cant' wait to read it.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 03-07-2009, 07:18 AM
Elite Fan

Yes, this was the MJ/Taylors dinner episode.

T/J really is the most realistic male relationship on tv. Love Jason bringing it back around with Tim's words from the pilot at their goodbye.

cheldax46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Fan Forum Star

Then it's the episode where Julie tells Matt to "Shut up" when they were having dinner She is like the younger version of Tami. I love how she was cheering for Matt and helping him out in convincing Eric.

ITA, Molly. Their friendship is one of the best male friendships and in general one of the best friendships on TV. I love it. Too many great stuff about it. And it's why their goodbye scene was really, really sad.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 03-08-2009, 12:07 AM
Master Fan

Fantastic episode! OMG, Jason/Tim goodbye scene was so was like a baby. I really am going to miss thier friendship. glad that jason is happy and where he wants/needs to be.

thanks for bringing the review over, love what they had to say about taylor ~ he really does shine as Tim ( and in every other role that he is in).

Icon ~ Diane
kokonutPrincess88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Extreme Fan

I love Tim/Jason so much and thought Taylor was amazing in their final goodbye scene. I'm going to miss that friendship like nothing else.

I love the Taylors as well. Just such a genuine relationship that is so interesting and relatable. I wish my parents had been like them.
Reply   Post New Thread