Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm a little nervous now.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:22 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

On the other hand, the brother is now taking over and there were rumblings that he was the one that wanted Harvey ousted anyway...so, maybe he wouldn't mind the talent speaking out if he's technically no longer with the company.
Old 10-08-2017, 09:56 PM
Addicted Fan

My gut tells me that of all the OTB cast who were interviewed today, Jennifer was asked the most about it. Plus, most of the interviewers probably don't know Waco is a TWC production. I think it'll be more of an issue for the Waco junket, if at all. But knowing Taylor, he wouldn't badmouth Harvey anyway. He'll probably deflect and make it about fair treatment of women and actresses in general. Let's hope.

Last edited by KitscherSunk; 10-08-2017 at 10:02 PM
Old 10-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

You're probably right about him not being asked tonight. It's a lot of fluff media on the red carpet, but I worry if you get him in the room tomorrow with Variety or The Hollywood Reporter, Daily Beast, etc. who have been all over this he might be asked.

We'll see! I would hope he'd spin it into equal pay and treatment of women in Hollywood. I mean we know he's pretty anti-Hollywood establishment to begin with.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:36 PM
Addicted Fan

Yeah, I can see him spinning it into why he doesn't live in Hollywood, the sleaziness of it all. And tossing in that he was raised by a single mom and has little sisters.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:29 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Both Mark Ruffalo and Michael Keaton have spoken out against Harvey, by tweet, but again, they're not currently about to start press for a Weinstein Co. product.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:28 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

For as much as we know sometimes thoughts come out without pausing before he hits send...we also know if he doesn't want to talk about something, he won't.

It'll be interesting to see how he handles it in press today.
I'm ready for more interviews. These are the ones he tends to at least tolerate, for lack of a better word, b/c he loves the person and the story he's telling. You could tell he was sooo over the AA interviews before they even started. The only good we got from those was he and Dylan are like two 8 yr olds together. That was worth it though!
Old 10-09-2017, 10:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Do they really have to do all this when Taylor is sitting directly in front of media?

Old 10-09-2017, 11:45 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's now coming out that Matt Damon and Russell Crowe helped put a stop to an expose on Harvey 13 years ago by calling a reporter and attempting to squash the story and vouching for Weinstein! Yikes, not a good look for them now.

Taylor was asked as were Jeff and Miles last night, not a terrible answer but people are going to give him **** because 'everybody' knew about it. Meryl is getting crap because she's claiming she didn't know but nobody is believing her:

Quote:
News of the sexual harassment allegations against Harvey Weinstein dominated the red carpet Sunday night at the premiere of Sony's Only the Brave at the Regency Village Theatre in Westwood.

Jeff Bridges, who most recently worked closely with Weinstein on the 2014 film The Giver, tells The Hollywood Reporter: "I just found out now [that he got fired]. I had a movie called The Giver and I tried to get that movie made for 20 years and ended up making it with Harvey. He's facing his demons now."

Bridges added: "I'm hoping that he leans into those demons and comes out the other side a richer person. I hope the best for him." When asked whether the allegations against Harvey will impact working with him or the company in the future, the actor said, "No, I don't know what I'm going to do in the future. I can't foresee that, but I wish the best for him."

The Weinstein Co. board of directors ousted Weinstein from his own company on Sunday amid allegations of sexual harassment against the movie mogul, which were detailed in an explosive New York Times story that included on-the-record claims made by actress Ashley Judd and others.

At the Only the Brave premiere, star Taylor Kitsch also described his initial reaction to the bombshell news. "My reaction [to the allegations] was, '****.' That's about it. I honestly don't know too much about it. I'm in my own bubble," he said. "I don't want to say anything because I don't ****ing know anything yet. When I get educated on it I guarantee I'll have an opinion on it."

The film's star, Miles Teller, added: "It's important anywhere, any job place no woman should feel objectified, no woman should feel sexualized. It's 2017 and we need to get over that ****. It's not cool. Anybody should stand up for themselves."
Jeff Bridges on Harvey Weinstein: "He's Facing His Demons Now" | Hollywood Reporter

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-09-2017 at 11:53 AM
Old 10-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Master Fan

Ugh. I get where he was going but he sounded a little put off. Miles' answer was great. Even Jeff's response about the future wasn't so great.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Do you believe that he didn't know? I kind of do actually.

But I hate that they are making the Waco connection in the news. Terrible timing.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:16 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Do I think Taylor knew? Part of me thinks if someone who frequents gossip blogs like myself knows then how does he not when he's in the Hollywood inner circle. But then, Taylor has never been one to run with a lot of Hollywood types. Then part of me thinks how has anyone in his Hollywood circle not made some type of comment or joke about Harvey. This was like an open secret in Hollywood, everyone whispered about it, so in that sense it seems hard to believe he's never heard the rumblings. But saying he had no idea is definitely an easier answer than "well I heard the rumors..." and then have to be questioned why he would work with him.

I should also say there's a difference between knowing and knowing, if that makes sense. So you can know that there are rumors and innuendo about the man but you don't actually have hard facts and know that he's a sexual abuser because he'd been paying off his victims for 20 years and making them sign NDA's.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-09-2017 at 01:52 PM
Old 10-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I like Jeff's answer and Taylor's as well. Taylor's sounds very Taylor. We already know he can very convincingly say he knew nothing about the Tim Riggins dog IG when we know he did...
So his answer is classic for him and believable. And it's very diplomatic. Not committing to a side, not admitting what he does or doesn't know. Good job TK!
Old 10-09-2017, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

It's just such a tough spot for anyone in Hollywood. No one will be happy until everyone comes out and said yes, I knew, yes, it's awful and I refused to work with him. But that's obviously not the case, any A-lister has had some connection with Harvey and overlooked or ignored what might potentially be going on.

Jessica Chastain is speaking out about it, kind of throwing Matt Damon under the bus in the process. But good for her...

Old 10-09-2017, 03:26 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Do they really have to do all this when Taylor is sitting directly in front of media?

Welp. Well Taylor's definitely in the thick of it now. Especially being not just the star but executive producer himself. I wonder if he had any say in this.

Do you have a link to the story about Matt Damon and Russell Crowe?

Taylor knew the rumors. They all did. They just didn't know the extent of it or all the details. Jeff's answer sums up why these things always get swept under the rug: Everyone knew, but he delivered results, so those who could turned a blind eye to it.

He also picked and chose his victims. He wouldn't treat Meryl Streep that way. Or Jessica Chastain NOW, versus a few years ago when she wasn't an A-list actress.

I think Taylor's answer was the most honest and the most direct. Miles' sounded evasive and rehearsed, and like I said Jeff basically admitted he knew but didn't care because he got to make the movie he wanted to.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread