Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

Critics' Corner#1: Because all the critics love him, and so do we!

I thought of opening a thread where we can post and collect all the critics comments on Taylor and his roles. Also we can discuss our own opinion on his performance in his movies, shows or certains scenes

I'll start off with this review I found on Tim:

Quote:

There are many reasons I love Friday Night Lights. Among them:

1. It’s all about football.
2. Minka Kelly is smokin’ hot.
3. I want Coach Taylor to be my dad.

But they all pale in comparison to Tim Riggins (played by Taylor Kitsch), the drunken loner manhunk with a heart of solid gold. This dude would destroy Jordan Catalano in a brood-off any day of the week. Not only does Tim exemplify the seething bad-boy, he’s also painfully good looking, with crazy green eyes, flowing greasy hair, and those super-cut ab lines that run from your hip bones down to your crotch. My wife acts all weird when he comes on screen, and I get it. Dude’s a good looking dude.

Which brings us back to the fact that I love Tim Riggins, rather than loathe his very existence as you might expect. I have a bad history with this type of guy. Ben from Felicity made me furious, Ryan from The O.C was a joke, and don’t even get me started on Catalano. But Tim Riggins is the real deal - funny, genuine, and troubled in a way that doesn’t make me want to barf. He’s a loner because he has a legitimately hard time relating to people, and his formulaic drinking problem is justified by a terrible living situation. Riggins has been written and realized with such nuance that he effortlessly personifies the bad boy archetype: the guy girls want to get with and guys want to be.

It makes me understand the classic “girls love the bad-boy” paradigm that plagues all normal, nice guys throughout high school. The agonizing inclination of women to forego kind, sensitive guys in favour of brooding dicks in hopes that they can “rescue them” and “bring them out of their shell” makes sense with Tim Riggins. I want him to be rescued and to come out of his shell. He’s truly won me over. And for that he deserves top billing in the brooding bad-boy hall of fame. Right next to Dylan McKay.
http://www.slice.ca/Slice/Dish/Slice...7&postid=64506

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Poupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 03:21 PM
Elite Fan

Too.many.threads! Thanks for starting it, hee.

Quote:
My wife acts all weird when he comes on screen, and I get it
That cracked me up. I know we all do that. LOL.
Old 02-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
My wife acts all weird when he comes on screen, and I get it. Dude’s a good looking dude.

Quote:
This dude would destroy Jordan Catalano in a brood-off any day of the week
we talked about Tim/Jordan on Tim/Landry thread lately

Two worlds collided

Last edited by she.is.not.you; 02-03-2009 at 04:41 PM
she.is.not.you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Supreme Fan

Taht is hilarious. I love that they said he was the best broody badass. I laughed so hard. Great article! Eventhought I liked Ryan on the OC. LOL

Thanks Sal!

You buckle my knees

I shake and I shiver just to feel you breathe"

diamondmolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

The article has some funny lines

Another Tim Riggins related article:

Quote:
Who Is Tim Riggins?

Tim Riggins is a fictional character on the NBC television show Friday Night Lights, portrayed by actor Taylor Kitsch. Riggins is the fullback on the Dillon Panthers. Every boy between the ages of 13-18 wants to be him. Throughout the show he struggles with alcohol, girls, and his own relationship with his father. He lives alone with his brother Billy, after his dad had moved out.

He looks like an immature punk at first, but as the show develops, viewers learn to appreciate Tim Riggins for what he truly is, which is a man of great honor while being as cool as can be. He grows up immensely throughout the course of the show. How many other high schoolers can go to Mexico for two weeks with a guy in a wheelchair? People make decisions in their lives based on WWRD, or What Would Riggins Do?

His Life
In the pilot episode, Riggins is right away portrayed as a kid who has no discipline and just will drink his way into the ground.

He lives with his brother Billy, and he is sleeping on a couch when he is first shown. He shows up to the first day of practice hungover and gets layed out constantly in one drill. He is being interviewed at the first day of practice, and among some of his quotes are:

“(Smash Williams) could be Santa Claus and I still wouldn’t like him”.

He is then shown the night before the opening game of the season with QB1 Jason Street and his girlfriend Lyla Garrity. He then says to Street, a highly recruited quarterback,

Here’s how I see this is going to work, correct me if I’m missing something, but I’m cool just hanging out right here man. You go do your what, maybe ten years in the NFL. Say 5 million a year. You give me 1% of every paycheck. (pauses to hook up with Tyra)When it’s all said and done you and me are gonna own ourselves a big old hunting ranch.I’ll keep it stocked with some ladies.”

Street interrupts him,”There’s only one problem there Rigs, it’s that I don’t want you living on my land.”

Riggins says, “Yeah you do.(grabs another beer)I’m a caretaker Street, whether you like it or not. (laughs) Here’s to God, and football, and ten years from now Street, good friends living large in Texas. Texas forever Street.” He then turns to everyone, lifts his beer in the air and says,” Yo everybody, listen up, let’s do it, let’s touch God. Let’s touch God boys.”

This is the first point at which viewers realize this could be one of the greatest characters ever made. Before the game he is immortalized with his leg shaking and then the camera moves to him looking up. It is shown in the opening credits of season 1 and gives people excitement quivers every time they see it. Jason Street gets hurt in the game.

Around this point he falls in love with Jason’s girlfriend Lyla. One night while walking home from football practice Lyla stops next to him in her car. She gets out and yells at Tim for not going to see Jason. Eventually, Tim Riggins makes out with her. They begin to have an affair, which Lyla eventually stops. When he finally goes to see Jason, he almost cries before entering. Lyla begs him to go see Jason for a second time, Tim goes.

He enters the room and Street starts yelling at him,”I need you here Timmy. Whatever happened to Texas forever, that eternal bond that we still had when I was walking. I need you here Tim. I need you.” (I may or may not have cried when this happened)

So in typical Riggins fashion, he sneaks Street out of the hospital and they go out on a boat along with Lyla.

They are sitting around a fire when Riggins says,” The three of us, we’ll rise up above anything, anything at all.” This whole journey is awkward because Riggins and Lyla had just ended their affair. After they drop Street off at the hospital, Riggins and Lyla walk to their cars. Upon getting there, they hug, which Street sees from his window. With his all knowing power, Street
Who Is Tim Riggins? West Staines Massive

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 02-04-2009, 12:23 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Eventhought I liked Ryan on the OC.
Me too!

Aww, I remember reading this article and the WWRD. That is so hilarious! Didn't you put that on an icon Sal?
Old 02-04-2009, 01:39 PM
Fan Forum Star

Put what, hun, WWRD or a line from this article?

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 02-04-2009, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

I remember you made a Riggins/Kitsch icon with the phrase What Would Riggins do? Did you get it from this article?
Old 02-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Master Fan

awesome thread idea!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

Oh I get it now. WWRD was said on the show. Remember in S2 the first episode where everyone was at the pool, Matt was watching Julie and that other guy, and talking to Landry about it. Then Landry told him in some situations one has to ask him/herself WWRD. Matt replied that Tim wouldn't have this problem (aka. girl/relationship troubles) because Tim is the captain of the S.S Ta Tas

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 02-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Supreme Fan

Aww I remember that scene. Its such a funny Matt/Landry moment.

You buckle my knees

Old 02-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Fan Forum Star

It was really funny, especially how the camera was on Tim sitting between two girls in the pool

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Old 02-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Elite Fan

All I remember was the TaTas part, but you sparked my memory again, hee. WWRD. How hilarious!
Old 02-05-2009, 11:07 PM
Supreme Fan

I love him in the pool. His hat and shades. He was adorable.

You buckle my knees

Old 02-06-2009, 06:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I think in any situation we get stuck in..we got to ask ourselves WWRD and follow it Although it might not usually be the right thing.

Smoak & Arrow
Sally | | |
Reply   Post New Thread