Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know some of us were wondering why they'd do the whole Redskins game if it wasn't going to be nationally broadcast or get more attention. So I think it was more a favor for one of the Black Label Media producers, Molly Smith's dad is a member of the Redskins ownership group and Josh is a Redskins fan. So it sounds like they wanted someone else from the movie to come with Josh and Taylor's "connection" to football probably made him the choice and he said yes.

Taylor portion of the article, there's more at the source.

Quote:
Even if Taylor Kitsch hadn’t starred as dreamboat running back Tim Riggins in the critically-acclaimed television show Friday Night Lights, standing on the Redskins' sideline during pregame warmups Sunday at FedExField still would have heightened his athletic instincts.

“Being right on the field gets your blood pumping man. I love this,” said Kitsch, whose real expertise is hockey. “I literally want to pad up, even though I’d last maybe a quarter of a play.”

Standing beside actor Josh Brolin to promote their latest movie “Only The Brave,” the true story of the Granite Mountain Hotshots, an elite crew of firefighters who battled the Yarnell Hill Fire in 2013, Kitsch had no trouble relating to the fraternal aspects of football. Besides the experience of playing on a fictional Texas high school team, this new project provided him and Brolin another strong example of the importance in working and communicating effectively as a team.

“That’s everything, right?” Kitsch said. “If one guy doesn’t pull his weight, you completely feel that. That’s the beauty of it as well, that family, it really is, leaning on one another and having a captain and working all the way down for him.”
http://www.redskins.com/news/blog/ar...f-21fec2d75b5d

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-16-2017 at 03:31 PM
Old 10-16-2017, 02:47 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Thank you for that! Anyone going to try and see it in IMAX:

Here are a few more good reviews. Still staying strong at 100%. Deadline review is really really good and comes with a video:

Quote:
Sometimes a movie comes along at exactly the time it is needed, and that couldn’t be more true than in the case of Only The Brave, which tells the true and tragic story of the Granite Mountain Hotshots, an elite group of 20 Arizona-based firefighters who fought against all odds to contain the Yarnell Mountain fire in Prescott, AZ in 2013 with deadly results. Although the account of these real-life everyday heroes could be looked at as something of a downer, the film directed by Joseph Kosinski proves to be anything but that, as I say in my video review above. Instead, it is an inspiring and remarkable film tribute to these brave (indeed) men in a job that is often taken for granted, albeit one that puts you through the wringer at the same time it makes you feel proud.

Only The Brave, with a sharp screenplay by Ken Nolan and Eric Warren Singer, laser focuses on just a few of the men involved in charting the creation of this unit of fearless firefighters. They include their superintendent known as “Supe” Eric Marsh, played by Josh Brolin, who is really sensational in a role he completely embodies. He basically puts these guys through their paces in order to get them to the elevated level of “hotshots,” the elite of the elite. The training sequences are great, particularly involving a down-on-his-heels recruit named Brendan McDonough (Miles Teller) affectionately referred to as “Donut.” He’s a key figure in the story and comes to the unit after a troubled past he is trying to put behind him. He’s not exactly a prime candidate for the group, but as the film shows, redemption can be a good thing for a hotshot. Others given decent screen time are James Badge Dale as Marsh’s second in command, and Taylor Kitsch who is every bit as effective as he was in Lone Survivor which also dealt with men in these kinds of enormously challenging life-threatening events.

The film ultimately centers on the Yarnell fire, which at first doesn’t seem to be a huge threat but quickly turns into something terrifyingly out of control. Some errors played a part in finding the hotshots caught in the middle of what eventually happened as it became one of the worst fires ever in terms of casualties, and it is all presented in nail-biting fashion. It is almost at times overwhelmingly emotional and sad, but overall the film tries to focus on the brotherhood of these mostly very young men, their camaraderie, and their all-for-one attitude. We see them on the job and at play as we get to know them along the way.

It is a tricky proposition when you make a movie out of a tragedy like this one, but Kosinski keeps his eye just as much on the people who fight it as the impressively re-created fire itself, and that is key not only to what makes it work as a great and exciting film about courage and duty, but also as a harrowing and gripping account of what makes real heroes — these hotshots are unforgettable. The cast also includes a very fine Jeff Bridges as the fire chief and confidante to Brolin’s Marsh, as well as Jennifer Connelly in a gut-wrenching turn as Amanda, Marsh’s wife who is also a healer of damaged horses. The personal toll these men and their families go through is nicely etched in well-played scenes between Brolin and Connelly. Andie MacDowell is also in for a few scenes as Bridges’ wife.

The technical credits across the board are first rate with superb cinematography from Claudio Miranda, tight editing from Billy Fox, and a stirring score by Joseph Trapanese. There’s also a terrific original song, “Hold The Light,” performed by country star Dierks Bentley and effectively played over images on the end credits of the real-life hotshots and their families. It is truly hold-back-the tears-time in a solidly made film that never panders for them. Producers are Lorenzo di Bonaventura, Molly Smith, Trent Luckinbill, Thad Luckinbill (who also appears on screen as one of the hotshots), Michael Menchel, Dawn Ostroff and Jeremy Steckler. Sony picked up the film (originally to be released via Lionsgate) and will open it Friday through its Columbia Pictures label.
[WATCH] ‘Only The Brave’ Review: Powerful Story Of Granite Mountain Hotshots | Deadline

Quote:
This isn’t surprising because of the actors. The work that Teller and Brolin turn in here, not to mention bright supporting turns from Kitsch (who should be allowed to do more of this kind of sideline comic-relief work) and Connelly (nobody’s crying-at-home wifey), isn’t any less than what we expect of them. What is unexpected is to see a filmmaker who knows how to turn the reins over to them so trustingly. This is even more surprising given that the pedigree of director Joseph Kosinski, TRON: Legacy and Oblivion, wasn’t exactly heavy with actorly ensemble pieces.
Full review here: Film Review: Only the Brave | Film Journal International
Old 10-16-2017, 04:24 PM
Master Fan

I am planning to see it in IMAX now. We have an IMAX right by my house, but it doesn't have reclining seats, so I don't go there that much.

Awww. I love that they still have a group chat going and that Taylor uses emojis. I want to be his friend and have Snapstreak going with him. **Insert boxing glove emoji.**
Old 10-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Ugh, double post.
Old 10-16-2017, 06:07 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'll probably go and see it just in the regular theater Thursday evening and then maybe down the line see it in IMAX, I have an IMAX theater in my area, it's not the most convenient theater but I'd like to see it in IMAX too, the cinematography is so beautiful.

I'm terrible with texts, especially group texts. I tap out pretty quick. I'll be in a group text and go to a meeting or not look at my phone for a bit and come back to 20 texts that is like my worst nightmare.

I have snapchat but literally use it for like two people.

Josh seemed to stay behind in DC today to do press. Taylor was spotted at the airport early early this morning, like five am. I would assume going back to New York.

Build series interview, warning that there is a spoiler for a Taylor scene in the discussion or at least the premise of the scene.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-17-2017 at 02:29 PM
Old 10-17-2017, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor's the most inappropriate; who would have guessed that?
He's the only one who said thank you for having us on the show.

I don't know why, but Miles bugs me.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:28 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Miles...was kind of an ass when the interviewer acknowledged that it was an awful scene to film but wanted to know how he prepared or whatever. Completely valid question. Miles is the guy that doesn't filter his thoughts and just spews what goes through other peoples minds. I can see why he rubs some people the wrong way.

Of course Taylor is the most inappropriate, he is known to have the dirtiest sense of humor. And I loved that the interviewer acknowledged how funny he is in this and he SHOULD totally do a buddy cop film.

So someone finally gave OTB a mediocre review and it fell to 95%...still 19 fresh 1 rotten, and even the rotten wasn't that rotten.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:07 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernSweetieTX (View Post)
He's the only one who said thank you for having us on the show.
I've noticed he always says "Thanks for having me/us" if he's given the chance. Very politely. Most recently I remember it in the CBS Morning News interview with Dylan.
Old 10-17-2017, 10:28 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The funny thing about Miles is that Miles thinks he's funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
Miles...was kind of an ass when the interviewer acknowledged that it was an awful scene to film but wanted to know how he prepared or whatever. Completely valid question. Miles is the guy that doesn't filter his thoughts and just spews what goes through other peoples minds. I can see why he rubs some people the wrong way.

Of course Taylor is the most inappropriate, he is known to have the dirtiest sense of humor. And I loved that the interviewer acknowledged how funny he is in this and he SHOULD totally do a buddy cop film.

So someone finally gave OTB a mediocre review and it fell to 95%...still 19 fresh 1 rotten, and even the rotten wasn't that rotten.
95 is still fantastic!
The interviewer says who's most inappropriate and I immediately said Taylor.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:

At the LA premiere last week, Miles seemed to have an attitude with fans. He said ABSOLUTELY nothing to any of us. I was lucky to get a pic with him, but he barely interacted with ppl. He signed autographs, didn’t smile or say anything. I wasn’t impressed. I agree with you regarding today’s interview. He was rude.
Old 10-17-2017, 11:31 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitscherSunk (View Post)
I've noticed he always says "Thanks for having me/us" if he's given the chance. Very politely. Most recently I remember it in the CBS Morning News interview with Dylan.
I noticed that too. He always seems to thank his fans too. When he’s done signing..he says, ‘thanks guys’ as he’s walking away. What a sweetheart. His momma raised him well.
Old 10-18-2017, 07:43 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorybear (View Post)
I noticed that too. He always seems to thank his fans too. When he’s done signing..he says, ‘thanks guys’ as he’s walking away. What a sweetheart. His momma raised him well.
Awww!
Old 10-18-2017, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I had a dream last night where Taylor asked me if I thought he was the type of guy who would sexual harass a coworker or employee. I said, "Are they on your group chat?"

Quote:

Old 10-18-2017, 08:37 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

My mind immediately went to the "culture" in Hollywood when Josh brought up the inappropriate text thread. I was half dreading what they were going to say about it.

Variety is predicting OTB is tracking to only make about $6 million this weekend. Maybe the good reviews will help it.

Video from the red carpet last night:

Last edited by worthyoflove; 10-18-2017 at 08:42 AM
Old 10-18-2017, 09:09 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

They were almost too quick to say,"No! Not on the air." when the interviewer wanted details.

Quote:
My mind immediately went to the "culture" in Hollywood when Josh brought up the inappropriate text thread. I was half dreading what they were going to say about it.