Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 07-12-2016, 10:46 PM
Addicted Fan

Wow, well at least he replied. He might not have been po'ed, he just didn't want to get into specifics. Isn't that kind of breaking news?

I bet it was scheduling. I'm disappointed it means one less Taylor movie to look forward to. But I can't say I'm super-upset he won't be in this particular movie. It's been my movie-going experience that films with large, seemingly random A-list casts -- especially by younger, less-experienced or wunderkind directors -- can go off the rails pretty bad. Hopefully it means he'll either work on Pieces or even sign for another movie.
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 12:06 AM
Master Fan

I just hope that Taylor is in a good place with it all.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:16 AM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I was excited for this bc he wrote the part with Taylor in mind. I wonder if he'll cut the part or recast it.
Old 07-13-2016, 08:39 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I appreciate he responded, I'm actually surprised he did. But glad that it's not hanging out there whether or not he's involved for months on end, that is so frustrating.

I would assume this is a new development since it disappeared from his IMDb page just recently. Maybe the Orphan Black guy is taking his place?

I'm sad about it because I loved the cast and the movie will have huge buzz because Xavier is such a hot name right now. And it undoubtedly would be a festival movie which means a lot of appearances.

I'm not bummed about it because Xavier's current film was kind of panned at Cannes and won the second prize at the festival but the critics were really brutal about it. As his first US movie, it's kind of setting up for failure and we know Taylor doesn't need to be apart of something like that.

My best guess is that either he has something else that was a better opportunity (a larger part) that hasn't been announced yet or that he really wanted to take part in Granite Mountain and the schedules were not able to line up. I'm sure Xavier is disappointed because he's such a Taylor fan boy but honestly the original filming of this was supposed to be in the Spring...maybe that worked for Taylor, after it got pushed back maybe it didn't work any longer.

I just hope there aren't any ill feelings between them.

Last edited by worthyoflove; 07-13-2016 at 09:17 AM
worthyoflove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:10 AM
Addicted Fan

I 1,000 percent agree with everything you said. Taylor had been waiting for months as the shooting date kept getting pushed back. He can't afford to wait forever, especially if a better opportunity comes along. I'm sure Taylor feels bad about it and was completely gracious. If Dolan is actually angry, then it means he's as big a brat as he was portrayed at Cannes. But he might just be disappointed that he won't be working with his crush. I would be.
KitscherSunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 09:22 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

The only silver lining to this is that it had to be on Taylor's end. I don't think Xavier was kicking him out of his film so it was more than likely Taylor's decision.

As we all know he's super loyal and keeps his words so whatever it is that made him drop out of this project I'm assuming (and giving him the benefit of the doubt) that it's justified. He does not have a reputation as a diva or someone that is hard to work with so I can't imagine it was over money or how large the part was. He said back in December that he and Xavier met at TIFF years ago and that they had talked about working together so I don't think Taylor would want to back out on something like this, especially with the cast, unless he absolutely had to.

Scheduling has to be it...I'm just crossing my fingers that this means he's either a) going to be doing Pieces after Granite Mountain or b) something else is about to be announced.
Old 07-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by worthyoflove (View Post)
I just hope there aren't any ill feelings between them.
Agree.

And Lornette is right, if Dolan is holding a grudge, then he is an a-hole.
Old 07-13-2016, 03:53 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I mean, he seems the type. I just hope not because it's never good to burn bridges in Hollywood.

And it did occur to me that Taylor was included on the Cannes poster for this movie and that was right when he was announced as being connected with Granite Mountain so I do wonder if it was a conflict with something else that has yet to be announced.

Old 07-13-2016, 04:01 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'm sure scheduling conflicts happen all the time in Hollywood. I would hope Xavier would be gracious. I can't imagine Taylor would drop it unless he really had to. I'm excited to see what comes up this fall to keep him busy.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:06 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Taylor seemed completely on board. Maybe signing on to Granite Mountain made him unavailable for the summer shoot so they had to drop him. Or maybe it's a conflict this fall. Fingers crossed it's a conflict for this fall. I need him to stay busy after this year off he just took.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:09 PM
Master Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Not so busy we don't seem him anymore. This drought is awful. Talk about dog days of summer.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:14 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I'll take him being MIA as long as he's working which will eventually lead to press and appearances and premieres. If he wasn't working right now and it had been over a month since we'd had a fan encounter or whatever I'd be going crazy!
Old 07-16-2016, 02:08 PM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

Apparently some powers that be have yet to realize Taylor is no longer in the movie.

Old 07-23-2016, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

I'm still so upset about this. Dolan's NO is still sitting heavy on my heart.

Last edited by elherts; 07-25-2016 at 07:42 AM
elherts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Taylor Kitsch

I know, it's always a bummer. I don't want to wish bad luck on the project but it would suck if it turned out to be a great success and Taylor had to drop out of it. I'm still wondering what the scheduling conflict was.
Reply   Post New Thread