Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-23-2012, 01:54 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That art's gorgeous!
Old 03-23-2012, 05:27 PM
Supreme Fan

Jack and Claire are so cute together I wish I had seen more about their relationship as brothers
Old 03-26-2012, 10:20 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^

I'd have loved more Shephard family stuff.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Elite Fan

Old 04-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

That was a great photoshoot!
Old 05-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

credit
Old 05-15-2012, 04:06 PM
Supreme Fan

cute
Old 04-29-2019, 01:33 AM
Obsessed Fan

I'm here to revive this thread

We deserved more scenes of these two. They were siblings and... ugh, we only got dust
Old 04-29-2019, 08:25 AM
Master Fan

Funny, sad and true! It’s like the writers hated giving Jack any kind of happiness and fulfillment in his life. Even Sawyer got the chance to act brotherly towards her, even if he totally forgot about her later on. I wish we would have at least got a scene where he talks about Claire to Kate when they were living together. it was so annoying.
Old 04-30-2019, 01:44 AM
Obsessed Fan

Ugh, all the treatment with these two and their relationship makes me angry, honestly. It was clear his purpose on the island, but c'mon, Jack deserved some happiness aside from what was shown to us. In this world, happy moments, smiles and laughs make people care and love characters and I feel the writers sabotaged them in some points. Well, with Claire is almost the same, but with her, they made her a prize for another character, and all her life was only for her baby and that other character, nothing was in relation to her. And sometimes I wonder, why did the writers make them siblings if Jack and Claire weren't able to bond the way it should be? They could have developed their relationship. They basically seemed strangers. Hahaha don't remind me the chance Sawyer had with her because I get angrier

I understand they wanted to prioritize Kate-Aaron-Claire's bond and why but ugh... Jack was her brother, her brother...

And I should stop right now because I'm being very intense with this matter and you deserve better than see me being this way hahaha but yep! it was very annoying.
Old 04-30-2019, 08:03 AM
Master Fan

I totally agree. It’s very annoying. You’re absolutely correct. They made Claire only revolve around Charlie and Aaron, they even wrote her off the show shortly after Charlie died, it was like they didn’t know what to do with her anymore without Charlie being at the center of her storyline, and they only wrote her back in to be there for Aaron at the end, and she never mentions Charlie again when she returned to the show! She didn’t even get an episode showing us what happened to her those three years she was on the island left to fend for herself.

Exactly, they prioritized the Kate-Aaron-Claire bond, but they should have also made it clear that Kate cared so much about Claire and Aaron, and felt so much love for them, because of them also being Jack’s family! That’s why she felt such a special connection to them. They missed out on a perfect opportunity to depict those relationships to concentrate on so much other nonsense. It’s very frustrating.
Old 05-02-2019, 04:03 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yep, I also think they didn't know what to do with her. Almost all of her scenes are with Charlie, Aaron and Kate. And they were very obvious in making it look like Claire was just an object so they can act for their stories, she lived only for them. With Charlie, it's like they had her only for the guy to have a girlfriend that he could watch over and harass whenever he wanted, right? Like when Desmond saves her from drowning and Charlie doesn't even let the poor girl breathe because he has to be her hero and only him. Or when Locke talks with her and cares about her, making her a cradle for the baby, basically trying to be like a father figure to her but Mr You All Everybody wants to be the only man in her life, gets jealous and starts with his tantrums, (which by the way the favourite Mr Nicknames also took care of putting more salt on the wound) which ends up ruining that pure friendship. Writers had several elements so Claire could have her own way apart from her sister-in-law and soul mate (which he shouldn't have even been him hahaha, she basically didn't give a bone about him lmao).

True! What happened to her after MIB took her? that was put on dust, same as what could have been her relationship with her brother. No, but seriously, then, why did they make them siblings? It was a good excuse to add to her own story and also give Jack rest from the whole island thing and the problems of the triangle, grid, etc. They could also use she was good about astrology to get her away from what we already know, and maybe that could have even help with the beloved island, don't you think?

Exactly! Because we know that reality through the scripts, but again, they had to make it obvious because a majority of the people watched/watch it casually and only sees the cover. Ugh yes, super frustrating.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:25 AM
Master Fan

Every word is true! Charlie and Claire were cute together at first until they made Charlie start acting like a weird creep in the second season. It became toxic and messed up Claire. They forgot to give her a personality because they made her so dependent on the other characters.

It annoys me when some people say that Kate only loved Aaron in the end and only cared about Claire, they act like it’s an insult to Jack. They fail to realize why she cared so much about Claire and Aaron, a big reason is because they were Jack’s family, and she had become a part of Jack’s family. That’s why they meant so much to her. She also loved them because they were a part of Jack.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:57 AM
Obsessed Fan

I always felt like he was obsessive. Even she felt suffocated by him. Yes, he cared for her, protect and gave his life for her? in some way, but to me seemed very creepy sometimes and so many things made me not like them together. Another example is when he reads her diary, it was invasive to her privacy! even if he tries to not do it before and then, he discovers she didn't like him, the man still tries to have something with her. With my rewatches, I swear I was wishing he could stop hahaha. And then, seeing people like "aww he's so adorable" makes me cringe because that's a creepy attitude. Or when he accuses her of being a bad mother, ugh. He didn't have to do that.

Recently, I watched that promo from the UK where she's dancing with Boone, and I don't know if I'm wrong, maybe I'm inventing but I felt Claire/Boone was going to be a thing, but because Dom was very popular at that time bc LOTR, it's like they changed their minds and cursed the ray of sunshine to have a relationship with Charlie and killed Boone. Sincerely, I think it could be better Claire/Boone, but ugh

Ugh yes, his always like to use Claire against Jack and it's very annoying. I saw people shipping her with Kate just because they hate him and it's like ???? I don't have anything against people shipping them cause they can ship whatever they want but they could stop trashing him. In my case, I can't ship them because their chemistry is in the way of family, of sisters and that's cute. Exactly! for her, they were like a sister and son/nephew. Well, he was practically Kate's son but you understand They were basically their connexion with Jack for the rest of her life after they left the island and he died, that's another reason because his memory was always in Kate's heart and mind. In the end, they made her remember for their connection with Jack.

We know how Jack felt about leaving Claire on the island. He felt very guilty about it when it wasn't his fault. I think they could have made him not entirely come back because the island required him but also for Claire, because she needed her brother, you know 50/50. And I don't know how, make him find her instead of Jin and Kate, just to make him return to her sister in law idk idk hahaha. Ugh, writers failed a lot.
Old 02-28-2020, 03:28 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Brother & sister #tbt #jackandclaire #lost #hawaii #matthewfox ❤