Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-27-2010, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

What kind of books do you like to read Chrissie??
Old 06-27-2010, 12:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh I read loads of stuff... classics, general fiction, fantasy, biographies... plain ol' history type texts. Anything too philosophical hurts my head though... and I generally prefer if there's a story and just plain facts. And I prefer when there's not over much description, something should be happening.

Chrissy |
Old 06-27-2010, 01:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Same here, I don't like to read stories that make you think too much, I mean some thinking is fine and dandy, but if it gets too complex, it just makes my head hurt
Old 06-27-2010, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I feel like if it's making me think too hard it's not really a story it's something else... and I don't really feel like having to overthink it all. And yeah, the headaches that those kind of things form just aren't fun

Chrissy |
Old 06-27-2010, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Those books annoy me as well, its like they are trying to change the way you think instead of just being an enjoyable read.
Old 06-27-2010, 06:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Well, basically because they are. And that's all well and good for people who are into that but it's just not my speed. I like books because they're movies in your head where you get to imagine it all up - I want to be entertained first and foremost

Chrissy |
Old 06-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

True, some people obv. enjoy those books, hence them being widely availabe
I like books that let your imagination go too, thats why I became soo obsessed with the Twighlight books, Im rereading Eclipse right now so I have it all refreshed in my head for the movie, can't wait for Wed!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2010, 06:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I still haven't seen New Moon... I should prob be swatted but well, I don't think I even care as I'm not very into movies. And I like most of the books, however I absolutely detest book 4, hence why I still own the other three but not it.

Chrissy |
Old 06-27-2010, 06:43 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Its ok if you haven't seen New Moon, its not everybody's cup of Tea. it was a lot better than Twighlight, acting was way better IMO. 4th book was a little wierd, and long
Old 06-27-2010, 06:47 PM
Fan Forum Hero

4th book was so weird and I swear more odd things just got tossed in along the way. And when it wasn't being weird it was as though it was trying to make life as easy as possible for Bella... and considering I was never her biggest fan it rather annoyed me. I should just stop there or else I'll probably go on and on about what bothered me about it

Chrissy |
Old 06-27-2010, 07:12 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I read about Stephanie Meyer, and looking into her background, made me understand why she wrote the books the way she did. Being a Morman at all, no graphic sex scenes, having it all happy go lucky with Bella, that drove me nuts too, how everything worked out for her, but like I said, learning about Meyer, made me at least realize WHY she wrote the books the way she did.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh, I understand perfectly why it was written the way it was written, I even went to a book event where she spoke. But just because I understand it doesn't mean I think it's an acceptable situation...

Chrissy |
Old 06-27-2010, 07:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissalaugha (View Post)
Oh, I understand perfectly why it was written the way it was written, I even went to a book event where she spoke. But just because I understand it doesn't mean I think it's an acceptable situation...
Ohh you heard her speak!! Sorry Im such a fan of those books, seems mind boggling to me Im not as bad as I was last summer, god I reread those books way too many times, thats what happens when your not working
True, just cause you understand doesn't make you agree.
Old 06-27-2010, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

If I was a crazy I could have had her sign my books too but I didn't really care and so I didn't... I only really went to the thing because my sisters wanted to. I don't even know if I remember half of the things she's said. You should come out west here and you could go to Forks . That sounds so funny to me considering it's well... Forks and I've never thought anything about it any of the times I've been there and now people make pilgrimages to it. No work does equal lots of nice reading time though .
It definitely doesn't make me agree especially since I have so many issues with Mormonism as it is....

Chrissy |
Old 06-27-2010, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Matt Czuchry

I wouldn't wanna have her sign my book either, Im not big on getting celebs sign. thoguh, just not a big deal to me, plus I feel like I would be bugging the crap out of them.
I saw this documentary about Forks and how its changed since Twighlight, soo beyond crazy. I guess thats good the town is making $$ and all that given the state of the economy. I mean I like the books ,but would never travel that far to see some town like that, Im fine with reading the books and seeing the movies
Yeah, Mormanism, not a fan of that either, but to each his/her own I guess.................