Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-06-2011, 10:05 PM
Fan Forum Star

Their entire Lollapalooza set on youtube! It was pretty amazing. Best festival gig they've played thus far. The crowd was so lively and energetic.
Old 08-07-2011, 05:40 AM
Elite Fan

I can die happy and feeling like this part of my life is complete

I actually dont have as many pictures/videos as I thought I would, but that only means I was having a really good time and too busy singing/dancing and just enjoying the music rather than experiencing it through a camera lens.

It was amazing!

Also, I think this is the closest I've EVER been to a big band stage. It's not incredibly close, but out of 50,000 people, I'm damn proud I held up my wall when people were trying to shove through. I was ready to get into fist fights if it came down to it
Old 08-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Star Trek
Robert Carlyle

Thanks for the pics!, so close to the stage,
Old 08-07-2011, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Cris, that's pretty damn close for Lolla! Amazing! I enjoyed it thoroughly watching it on a live stream, so I can only imagine how awesome it was for you to actually be there, lol. The crowd was so hype! Thanks for the pics!

Is it true you could hear Muse playing at another section of the park? I know they had their set at the same time as Coldplay.
Old 08-08-2011, 07:11 AM
Elite Fan

No problem guys! I have more but they're all on Facebook It was an amazing experience not only because its my first time ever being that close to a stage for a major band, but it was my first ever Coldplay concert so I could not stop smiling the whoooole time. I even lost my voice right after

Crystal, I was so far up the field and close to the stage that I couldn't hear Muse whatsoever. There's actually 3 performances happening at the same time across Grant Park but I couldn't hear any of them being that far up. On the other days (Saturday and Sunday) I wasn't close to the stages at all so when I was at Eminem I was able to hear the music from Perry's (techno, didn't know the artist) and then after the down pour on Sunday I didn't even try getting on the field for Foo Fighters so I was able to hear music coming from all three stages.

All that being said - SO glad Coldplay was on the first night because I wouldn't have survived being that close to the stage during the rain storm

It was the perfect spot because not only was I still able to see them on stage but I was directly in front of this too:

And two of pictures of them taking a bow.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:02 PM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks for the pics! I'm glad your first Coldplay concert was at Lolla. Every fan should have the chance to see them live atleast once. They're amazing.
Old 08-11-2011, 09:45 AM
Elite Fan

I'd actually love to go see them live at their own concert tour but this was a definite cheap way to get really close to the stage and still see other performances over a 3 day weekend

I actually really love this recording of Viva la Vida at Lollapalooza since its from the side stage VIP balconies. You can actually hear how the crowd sang along!

Old 08-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

All Chris has to do is play those opening notes on the piano and the crowd is ready to go with the sing-a-long. They must LOVE that.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:12 AM
Fan Forum Star

Hey, that's how we roll!

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls
Old 08-12-2011, 06:05 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystaline (View Post)
All Chris has to do is play those opening notes on the piano and the crowd is ready to go with the sing-a-long. They must LOVE that.
The huge grin on Chris' face says it all

You'd be surprised. I was anticipating that VLV was next so I turned to my sister and said, "Are you ready?!" and she said "Ready for what?".

What do you mean ready for what?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

You probably looked at like her, like, are you insane?!
Old 09-17-2011, 07:34 AM
Elite Fan

HOLY ASHFGDLDH Sounds magical live!

Old 09-17-2011, 06:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

It really does. I may even like it more than the recorded version. Up In Flames is pretty amazing too.
Old 10-04-2011, 09:28 AM
Master Fan

Saturday I went to their Rock in Rio concert... It was *****ING AMAZING!!! One of the best RiR concert for shure!
A few vids:

TK
Old 10-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

LET JUST ME PLAIN FAINT

I heard Maroon 5 played just before them. Was there anything like a special introduction that Adam made for Coldplay? Or something like that? I mean, two favourite bands ther!e

honey, you are so f i ne, you blow my mind | Chris Evans - 8 years celebration & 100k
boston | los angeles | ♡ Candice |icon by summer falls