Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2011, 10:36 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I totally agree about his hair. Not sure what's happening there.
It probably had something to do with the fact he was wearing a baseball cap all day, and just took it off.
Old 04-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Part-Time Fan

It's funny how Diane was wearing a long skirt one day and then a short dress the next day.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:05 AM
New Fan

Where are they now?

Anyone know where Joshua is going to be next week? I heard maybe Vegas and I will be there then so was hoping for a siting.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:38 AM
Obsessed Fan

Those pictures are gorgeous! I love Josh's outfit (although Diane probably dressed him ) he's just so scrumptious.

Quote:
Anyone know where Joshua is going to be next week? I heard maybe Vegas and I will be there then so was hoping for a siting.
Hello there. Welcome to the board. He will definitely be in Vegas filming a new movie next week but I don't know any details I'm afraid. Maybe somebody else does?
Old 04-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Dedicated Fan

I did a search on Rebecca Hall (very pretty) and according to my search Justin Timberlake was cast to play the part that I suspect that Josh was talking about.

I'm assuming here, since the interview with Josh and John was very recent (right?) that for some reason Justin couldn't make it, and Josh gets the gig instead?

I look forward to seeing Josh in some other (non-Fringe and non-DC) roles.
Old 04-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by catherineusa (View Post)
I did a search on Rebecca Hall (very pretty) and according to my search Justin Timberlake was cast to play the part that I suspect that Josh was talking about.

I'm assuming here, since the interview with Josh and John was very recent (right?) that for some reason Justin couldn't make it, and Josh gets the gig instead?

I look forward to seeing Josh in some other (non-Fringe and non-DC) roles.
I for one am happy that Justin couldn't take the role, just means more Josh for us. He seems to be extremely happy to be starring in a movie. It's nice to know he'll be taking advantage of his time off from Fringe.
Old 04-25-2011, 08:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Catherineusa, I'm actually confused about what role Josh is playing.

If you go by the book, Rebecca's character came to Vegas because of a love interest, but it ended pretty quickly. She gets involved in the gambling industry through Bruce Willis' character, who she sees as a father figure. She eventually gets fired, because Bruces character's wife gets jealous of her. He links her up with a gambling on line tycoon called Rosie, who is in NY and he becomes a sort of father figure to her as well. She spends time in NY and elsewhere (cannot remember where), but eventually returns to Vegas. I think that is where she meets a reporter, who becomes the man of her dreams and she gets out of the business because of him.

On IMDB, which is not all that accurate, they had Justin Timberlake playing the Rosie character. Other than there, haven't seen anything to say what role he is playing. I don't know if he is still in it. If Josh was playing this character, he wasn't in Vegas, so there would be no reason for Josh to go to Vegas. They are filming five days in Vegas, starting today, but production doesn't start until Wednesday. Josh said he was starting today, maybe just for preproduction stuff. After the five days they then go to New Orleans for 25 days, which is where they decided to film instead of NY.

I find it hard to believe that they would leave out Rosie because while I haven't read the book, the character seems to be a big part of her gambling career. So, he could be it or there is also the love interest that she gave up the whole thing for. Shrugs. So, could leading man, mean love interest? She didn't have that sort of relationship in the book with Rosie.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:41 PM
Passionate Fan

I can certainly see Timberlake playing the Rosie character (sort of like his character in The Social Network), leaving Josh to play her love interest. Sounds about right.

I've checked On Locations Vacations, but no updates yet.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:34 AM
Dedicated Fan

From listening to Josh in the SAG interview with John Nobel, my guess is that Josh plays the love interest who she (Rebecca's character) gives her gambling profession up for. Perhaps Timberlake is still in the film as a gambling associate. I noticed that Lay the Favorite was called a dramedy. If well written, I think Josh would be perfect for a comedic role. He makes me laugh in interviews all the time.

I'm eager to hear more about this role/movie. Josh certainly was excited about doing it. I can imagine that he and Bruce Willis might get along well together (if they have any scenes together).
Old 04-27-2011, 05:09 AM
Extreme Fan

One of the entertainment blogs/sites in Las Vegas, posted that Justin Timberlake arrived with Bruce, Rebecca and Catherine. No mention of Josh, although he is there because someone saw him. Unless, Robin Leach thinks Josh is Justin? (It's Robin Leach's blog).

Anyway, they are going to do a report tomorrow on the five day shooting which starts there tomorrow. So, maybe they will give more details on the roles, but it will probably be more about where they are shooting.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

I've read a bit online about Lay the Favorite, and, from what I'm gathering, unless the script writer did a major retreatment, I think the movie will be mostly about the Hall and Willis characters. I'm just thrilled that Josh is working in film this summer.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:53 AM
Obsessed Fan

Thanks everyone for doing the extra research.
Old 04-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, thank you everyone for the extra information. Hopefully we'll get more clarification on Josh's involvement soon.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjfan123 (View Post)
I hadn't really heard much, either. I think because the shots were going to be done in a rather quick way. Only one week in Vegas and then the rest in New Orleans.
Old 04-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Ultimate Fan

I was just on twitter and some girl just met Josh and had her picture taken with him. I'm on my iPod so I can't link it, but she called him Pacey so if you search that it should come up. It was about an hour ago.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread