Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Master Fan

Thank you Justyne
Old 10-06-2014, 01:40 PM
Loyal Fan

So organized and easy to read, thanks Justyne!
Old 10-06-2014, 01:56 PM
Obsessed Fan

I loved Josh's answers. For example this one:

A. - The Affair JJ: Well I try to relate to every character in many ways. With Cole, there are clearly some parts of his biography that I can't personally relate to (thankfully), but the job and the fun of being an actor is finding the human inside of every character and trying to make it as relatable as possible.

I'm curious to know what parts of Cole's biography he is talking about and it looks like Josh dealt with a very difficult character.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:02 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tela (View Post)
So organized and easy to read, thanks Justyne!
I'm glad you guys appreciate my efforts, so you are welcome.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 10-06-2014, 02:07 PM
Master Fan

New interview:
Dawson’s Creek star Joshua Jackson gets tangled in The Affair | canada.com
Old 10-06-2014, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
I'm glad you guys appreciate my efforts, so you are welcome.
Well that made it easier to read all the answers. The one where he says 'that some things can't be fixed' really is very telling.

Edit: That is a good interview and gives a bit of insight into the character and why he took the role.

Last edited by LWS53; 10-06-2014 at 02:16 PM
Old 10-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Well that made it easier to read all the answers. The one where he says 'that some things can't be fixed' really is very telling.
That's what I thought too when I read that.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

I thought that answer was more related to Alison's depression, rather than their relationship. Not being able to find an answer to fix everything is a hard lesson for a man to learn.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracydeanne1 (View Post)
I thought that answer was more related to Alison's depression, rather than their relationship. Not being able to find an answer to fix everything is a hard lesson for a man to learn.
Oh Yeah, that makes sense too and probably what Josh was actually talking about because we all know he is great with keeping spoilers to himself.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

He answered 14 Questions overall. Here is the Q&A as promised. If you notice that I forgot one, please let me know and/or post it and I will update this Post. Thanks and enjoy.

Q - Michelle Klein: Do you think infidelity is forgivable? Could you ever trust a partner who cheated?

A. - The Affair JJ: Yeah, of course. There really is no thing that is not forgivable. It just depends on the 2 people in the relationship. People are forgiven for murder, and all manner of things.

Q. - Kaela Schoon: Awhile back you had mentioned how your mom watched Fringe but you got in trouble for the gorey scenes. Will she be watching The Affair? And does that make you nervous?

A. - The Affair JJ: She probably will be watching The Affair, and I am not looking forward to the post pilot dressing down I'm going to get because of Cole's bad behavior.

Q. - Kelly Stoski: Without giving anything away.....what is your favorite thing about Cole? What is your least favorite?

A. - The Affair JJ: My favourite thing about Cole is that he's trying. He is desperate to make his marriage work and to repair the damage done to it. But because of that myopia, he can't see that he is actually hurting it more than he is helping it.

Q. - Helen Reed: Why should we watch The Affair?

A. - The Affair JJ: Do you really have pressing plans Sunday at 10p?

Q. - Pilar Prada: Could you relate to Cole in any way? did you find any similarities between his personality and yours?

A. - The Affair JJ: Well I try to relate to every character in many ways. With Cole, there are clearly some parts of his biography that I can't personally relate to (thankfully), but the job and the fun of being an actor is finding the human inside of every character and trying to make it as relatable as possible.

Q. - Andrew Moore: Josh, I don't have a question but I just wanted to thank you for Peter Bishop. Fringe is one of the best shows I've ever seen and I hope The Affair is a huge success.

A. - The Affair JJ: Nice profile picture. Thank you for watching. I hope you enjoy The Affair.

Q. - Lisa Paradise: The Affair is going to be the third series you've starred in. What keeps you coming back to TV? And based on the time with The Affair so far, do you prefer the Network or Cable environment?

A. - The Affair JJ: Narrative possibilities. The ability to tell a story over many, many potentially hundreds of hours. I don't really judge based upon network or cable it's just simply the freedom that Showtime provides that makes that a more interesting environment.

Q. - Nicky Crews: What drew you to this role Josh?

A. - The Affair JJ: First, the script. Then, my conversations with Sarah Treem (the co-creator), and the rest of the cast.

Q. - Lindsay Hembree: Tombragel What is your favorite show to watch?

A. - The Affair JJ: My favourite show is now off the air, Breaking Bad.

Q. - Keyshla Isaac: Vizcarrondo So far, what have you learnt from Cole?

A. - The Affair JJ: That some things just can't be fixed.

Q. - Kim Kaufman: If we were to see Cole's perspective on the show, would it be more similar to Noah's or Alison's? Did you get better at horseback riding as the filming went on?

A. - The Affair JJ: It would be more similar to Alison's, because she knows him better. As far as the horseback riding goes, I got good enough to make it the 30 feet back to the barn.

A. - The Affair JJ: To the young lady who asked me when it would be airing in Ireland, we're not sure yet as we don't have a partner yet. Stay tuned.

Q. Naomi Stevens: Hi Josh Can you describe Cole in 3 words? X

A. The Affair JJ: Prideful, dutiful, and myopic.

Q. - Justyne Jones Higgins: On Behalf of Danna Aissa --- After playing the same character for a long time, is it difficult to get rid of the old and build the new one?

A. - The Affair JJ: It is sometimes difficult to walk away, but hopefully at the end of playing a character for such a long time, you can feel happy with the place that you leave him, and ready to move on.

Old 10-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Oh Yeah, that makes sense too and probably what Josh was actually talking about because we all know he is great with keeping spoilers to himself.
I never thought of it in that context and it could also be that. Real depression needs a mixture of counselling, medication and professional psychiatric help so no-one can fix someone else, they have to learn to cope with it and deal with it the best way they can.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
I never thought of it in that context and it could also be that. Real depression needs a mixture of counselling, medication and professional psychiatric help so no-one can fix someone else, they have to learn to cope with it and deal with it the best way they can.
I also think men often think when it comes to a problem...ok ...do step 1, 2, 3...now you're fixed, let's move on. It's often just not that simple. You can see that in Cole talking about the things he's done to deal with the loss, reading the books, therapy, etc and yet being frustrated and angry that it's not all now "fixed".

Learning that not everything can just be "fixed" is a big life lesson.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:52 PM
Loyal Fan

Thanks, Justyne for the easy to follow summary of the FB session. I actually joined FB today just for the Q&A with Josh. I had no question of my own, I just wanted to see his replies, but I had difficulty in putting the answers with the questions!

I have a question regarding a tweet from someone at MTV. Is this interview with Josh and Ryan televised on MTV or just on MTV2? I think I read his show was called After Dark, but I cannot find it.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maa47 (View Post)
Thanks, Justyne for the easy to follow summary of the FB session. I actually joined FB today just for the Q&A with Josh. I had no question of my own, I just wanted to see his replies, but I had difficulty in putting the answers with the questions!

I have a question regarding a tweet from someone at MTV. Is this interview with Josh and Ryan televised on MTV or just on MTV2? When is it on?
I'm not sure if the MTV interview is of them together, i think the interviewer (Josh Horowitz) just meant that he's gonna be interviewing both actors today, but not necessarily together.
He usually posts his interviews online.

We're gonna need a new thread for the premiere tonight We killed this thread pretty fast!
Old 10-06-2014, 02:59 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by maa47 (View Post)

I have a question regarding a tweet from someone at MTV. Is this interview with Josh and Ryan televised on MTV or just on MTV2? I think I read his show was called After Dark, but I cannot find it.
I just went into the Affair facebook page and saw it from there. I had to reload it a couple of times but I saw all the questions and answers. Justyne's list was better though as we just got the questions he answered.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread