Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-23-2006, 07:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakemiddream
justateacher... copy and paste into Word...enlarge font... print and take to bed...or anywhere else you might 'need' to read. Just know that you'll need to increase your paper and ink budget.

Lisa
Or after copying to word in a larger font and more spacing, burn to a CD, then put in your notebook and read in bed! i now have many, many saved this way.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:28 PM
Part-Time Fan

thnks for the info--- I am technically defective but will give that a shot--it would be worth some exta $ to be able to read it at leisure. BTW I started reading As if By Grace only to discover it is unfinished---do any of you kmow if that fic's author plans on finishing it? I am very frustrated because it is good and left off at a critical point. I am also reading the back chapters on Bringing down the house which apparently started in 2002?? hope it will be complete.

'when all is said and done---a lot more is 'said' than 'done.'

Judy
Old 05-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Absolute Fan

That is one fic I wish would be completed to.
Old 05-25-2006, 08:20 AM
Part-Time Fan

I am really impressed with the quality of writing in Bringing Down the House--I make a living teaching literature and am picky about amateur authors, but this gal can create characters, scenes, and dialogue with the best of them. Would love to see her put something in print. BTW I feel really stupid for not realizing how to cut and paste the stories--I am not blind now.

Judy
Old 05-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Elite Fan

^ Bella is a truly gifted writer. I would recommend Laundry and Two Thousand miles. I think you can find them in the completed one parter section. Have tissue close by.
Old 05-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Ultimate Fan

I agree with you Bringing Down the House by Caspian is one of the best..I have reread that story many times. I think she's just updating annually. But if I have to wait for it, it is well worth the wait!!! Absolutely the best!! I love the little girl down the hall in the hotel "Color" !!! Hillarious!!

If you go over to fic snobs and click on her thread she has a few one parters that are just as good....Speaking of that I might go have myself another looksey
Old 05-25-2006, 09:19 AM
Elite Fan

I would also recommend Caspisan's Everything But The Script, 3 am, The 16th and And Then. No need for tissue in these stories. Hee.
Old 05-25-2006, 06:01 PM
Part-Time Fan

Thanks for the suggestions--I will definitely read those--maybe not the tissue-needed ones right now---do those at least end happily?? I love the craziness of the 'family' of 5 --Pacey and his cake mix in a saucepan, the Sue doll, the Budapest picture---makes me feel young and foolish. when in reality only the foolish part is true!

Judy
Old 05-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

You're welcome and I'm afraid they don't end happily.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:14 PM
Ultimate Fan

Some of them do!!

Remotely Close will not be updated till next week!! I don't know if I'll be able to make it through the weekend without it!!****sigh*****
Old 05-26-2006, 03:23 PM
Obsessed Fan

A Sailing update perhaps?? oh God I hope so

I bought my childhood home AND SMASHED IT!!...
...I DESTROYED
the room where my parents had sex
Old 05-26-2006, 03:24 PM
Ultimate Fan

Thats wishful thinking..You know that right?
Old 05-26-2006, 04:05 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah I know, but hope is the only thing I have

I bought my childhood home AND SMASHED IT!!...
...I DESTROYED
the room where my parents had sex
Old 05-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

I am really wanting to read updates on these great stories---Remotely Close, Tuscan Dreams, Bringing Down the House, As if By Grace--and others I can't remember right now. I love the happy ending ones---Bella's stories are great but the heart wrenching ones are more than my fragile psyche can handle at the moment. Hope everyone has a safe and fun Memorial Day weekend.

Judy
Old 05-26-2006, 07:33 PM
Dedicated Fan

Hold On To Me by Little One was updated. I've already read it, it's good.

"I've got to find myself a nice southern belle." – Joshua Jackson

Closed Thread   Post New Thread