Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2019, 09:53 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by LWS53 (View Post)
Unfortunately the screen is just black for that last entry, so I couldn't tell the content.
It's the latest interview with Josh and the other two actors who play lawyers. Josh knocked it out of the park and has been getting a lot of love on Twitter for his response to one specific question. Hopefully there will be another link that we can post here for you to be able to see it.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 05-30-2019, 04:02 AM
Passionate Fan

Josh was shown in this new trailer more than I've seen him in the others. This seems more focused on the courtroom scenes. Joshua Jackson and Vera Farmiga.

Old 05-30-2019, 05:50 PM
Fan Forum Hero

That's a great Trailer. Yay for Josh.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.0d1908846d5a

Old 05-30-2019, 05:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Old 05-30-2019, 06:31 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Oh good Lord. I know that the series is going to be both awesome and heartbreaking, but I still can't help drooling over Josh and that fact that he's in it.

Old 05-30-2019, 06:41 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Oh good Lord. I know that the series is going to be both awesome and heartbreaking, but I still can't help drooling over Josh and that fact that he's in it.
Watch the IMDB Show interview that I linked in the Rumors and Speculations thread. 40 minutes.
Old 05-30-2019, 07:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
Watch the IMDB Show interview that I linked in the Rumors and Speculations thread. 40 minutes.
Oh I have, I'm on round 2 already.

Thanks for posting that BTW. Oh and if you get a moment, please make a comment on the YT comments. The first comment is someone saying how he seems like a pretentious AHole. I have posted a reply, so feel free to post your own comment showing our collective love for him.

Old 05-31-2019, 04:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

So I'm lucky to have Netflix and I have seen 3 of the 4 episodes - Josh seems to appear in only episode 2.
Josh's performance is strong and as one of the lawyers he is the most prominent all of the lawyers.

The series is harrowing and powerful and shameful that it happened and is still happening today.
Old 05-31-2019, 04:24 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1204 (View Post)
So I'm lucky to have Netflix and I have seen 3 of the 4 episodes - Josh seems to appear in only episode 2.
Josh's performance is strong and as one of the lawyers he is the most prominent all of the lawyers.

The series is harrowing and powerful and shameful that it happened and is still happening today.
I'll check it out as soon as I have the TV to myself.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

TODAY IS THE DAY EVERYONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby1204 (View Post)

I was both pleased and surprised that Josh's role was the more prominent out of the Lawyers. I was also happy to hear that Ava had approached him about the role. He didn't audition, so that was very cool.

I'm on episode 3 when they are all getting out of jail and I'm crying.

I thought these pics were awesome.

Last edited by JJH85; 05-31-2019 at 06:22 PM
Old 05-31-2019, 06:25 PM
Ultimate Fan

I've seen the whole series now and
Spoiler:
Everyone should be very proud of the powerful performances they did and the importance of getting the message out to the world that this still happens and we all need to take a long hard look at ourselves
Old 05-31-2019, 06:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Dang it I hope you don't mind, but I blocked out a portion of your Post.

The Mogul for This Moment: Ava DuVernay Takes on the Central Park Five, Trump and Her Own Ambition

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe..._medium=social

Last edited by JJH85; 05-31-2019 at 07:16 PM
Old 06-01-2019, 09:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

https://www.tvguide.com/news/joshua-...ee-us-netflix/

Excerpts from the article

Quote:
Joshua Jackson steps into the role of defense attorney Mickey Joseph, who represented one of the five teens of color who were wrongfully convicted of the rape and attempted murder of a white woman in 1989. He plays a small but key role in the Netflix series, which serves up a stunning dramatization of the disturbing case across four harrowing episodes. It's difficult but essential viewing, especially for Jackson, who revealed that he needed time alone to gather his thoughts after watching the whole series in one sitting.

"I had a pounding headache when I walked out and went home," Jackson told TV Guide. "[I] just had a couple people over at the place and was like, 'Just can't talk for a little while. Just gonna go be outside by myself. Just need a moment to compose and I'll be able to rejoin society.'"

Beyond a greater understanding of what teens Antron McCray, Yusef Salaam, Korey Wise, Raymond Santana and Kevin Richardson experienced and how those wrongful convictions impacted their lives, Jackson said he hoped the timely series inspires viewers to become proactive about combatting inequality so that cases like this one are no longer repeated.

"I hope, more than anything, when you get to the end of that journey of watching the show that all of the emotions you're having motivate you to reach out and be a part of the solution to this," Jackson said. "Part of the reason the story is so important to be done right now is we haven't moved very far. It doesn't feel like this is something that happened in the past. I mean, this is not something where you go like, 'Oh man, that was so messed up but thank god we're not there anymore.' I mean, we're there. We're here. And so, I think that this story and this moment has a real resonance and is important for people to spend the time with."

Old 06-02-2019, 12:40 AM
Ultimate Fan

Apologies for spoiling , however I didn't realise my comment was a spolier
Old 06-02-2019, 06:18 AM
Passionate Fan

Episode 4 was very disturbing and emotional.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread