Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Blueuniverse, I’ll need to see more of hallucination Peter, but I too think he’s more daring with Olivia; he really seems to push her boundaries. That’s how Peter would like to be around Olivia or is it how Olivia would like him to be?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:10 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
Blueuniverse, I’ll need to see more of hallucination Peter, but I too think he’s more daring with Olivia; he really seems to push her boundaries. That’s how Peter would like to be around Olivia or is it how Olivia would like him to be?
I don't think Hallucination Peter is pushing Olivia's boundaries, because he's not dealing with Olivia, he's trying (or rather Olivia is using him to try) to bring Olivia to the surface and push away Altlivia's memories.

As for your question, I think that's how Olivia would like him to be, that is, nothing like our Peter.
Old 11-01-2010, 01:52 PM
Obsessed Fan

Mmmm i'm not sure that hallucination Peter is how olivia would like him to be.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:30 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
because he's not dealing with Olivia, he's trying (or rather Olivia is using him to try) to bring Olivia to the surface and push away Altlivia's memories.
Yeah I think he's being so forceful and seductive because he wants to spark something in Olivia to make her realize that this ISN'T her, that these memories aren't hers.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade86 (View Post)
Mmmm i'm not sure that hallucination Peter is how olivia would like him to be.
Explain, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by killed the lights (View Post)
Yeah I think he's being so forceful and seductive because he wants to spark something in Olivia to make her realize that this ISN'T her, that these memories aren't hers.
He also has to deal with Altlivia, so his approach has to be more forceful than if he had to deal with our Olivia. I don't know, we'll have to see more of him to judge the situation better.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

Joshua Jackson board Celebration for 10 years @ Fan Forum!

The Joshua Jackson Board
Celebrating 10 years on Fan Forum!

If you're a fan, be sure to visit our Joshua Jackson board today for the big celebration!
Old 11-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Banned

No offense but Olivia ruined Peter's character. Peter would have been a great character if it wasn't for her.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:53 PM
Dedicated Fan

Congratulations, Mandy and the Joshua jackson board! What a great picture to celebrate the occasion, Mandy. Absolutely lovely.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Absolute Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueUniverse (View Post)
We've only seen him in that very short scene in The Plateau and the promos, so let's see...

In The Plateau: Peter is not that cheesy Yes, he had some Peter's characteristics like the smile and the kiss while keeping his hand in the pocket but the speech? Talking from above like some superior being and the most caste kiss I've ever seen in modern TV? That's not our Peter. The only kiss Olivia and Peter shared, where Peter was kind of reluctant, can be described as hot and heavy compared to the one in The Plateau.

The promos: The real Peter does not invade Olivia's personal space like that. He doesn't taunt her and he keeps his snark to a minimum with her. The real Peter is a bit like that with Walter and other people, but with her he's a bit shy. Hallucination Peter in the promos has some of Peter's traits exaggerated to a maximum. The episode will tell us more, but I think that's what Olivia would like Peter to be with her.
Thanks! I really appreciate your thoughts. Yes I agree our Peter is a bit more shy with Olivia. There is definitely a persistence with HalluPeter. LOL @ "Peter is not that cheesy"!

♥ Please, you couldn't handle it...Perhaps you're the one who couldn't handle it ♥
~ Mary ~ Icon
Old 11-02-2010, 10:41 PM
Obsessed Fan

Congratulations, Mandy! I love that picture of him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
No offense but Olivia ruined Peter's character. Peter would have been a great character if it wasn't for her.
I'm not even going to try to find the logic in this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emsea (View Post)
Thanks! I really appreciate your thoughts. Yes I agree our Peter is a bit more shy with Olivia. There is definitely a persistence with HalluPeter. LOL @ "Peter is not that cheesy"!
Peter is also more shy with Fauxlivia (I know he thinks it's Olivia ), just look at the little kiss he gave her in "Olivia" and his face after the kiss. After that, all the advances in the relationship came from Fauxlivia: the dancing, make-out sessions on the couch and the sex.

We'll know more about HalluPeter in the next episode. I can't wait to watch the episode and see more of him
Old 11-03-2010, 06:55 AM
Banned

Here are ways Olivia has ruined Peter's character

1. There are two Olivias
2. Peter slept with the wrong Olivia
3. Peter can't tell the differences between them
4. Peter is being criticized by every single Fringe board i go to.
5. People are now preferring the Hallucination Peter over the real one all because of this stupid Olivia plotline.

So, what's the constant here, olivia so IMO, Olivia has ruined his character.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:31 AM
Elite Fan

his character is not ruined. and Peter is my fav character in the show. for me, it didn't ruin his character and storyline with this. so you need to seriously take a chill pill.

it's ok to criticize his actions. in fact, i myself sometimes criticize Olivia's actions. and Walter's. and every character on the show.
giving your opnion on someone's character is way different from hating on them.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:37 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
Here are ways Olivia has ruined Peter's character

1. There are two Olivias
2. Peter slept with the wrong Olivia
3. Peter can't tell the differences between them
4. Peter is being criticized by every single Fringe board i go to.
5. People are now preferring the Hallucination Peter over the real one all because of this stupid Olivia plotline.

So, what's the constant here, olivia so IMO, Olivia has ruined his character.
1. That has nothing to do with Peter.
2. Yes, he is being duped. That's Fauxlivia's fault. Deceiving only ruins the character of the deceiver, IMO. Just like murdering ruins the character of the murderer.
3. The Olivias have this pesky detail in common, what was it... Oh yes! They look exactly the same. Fauxlivia has also given a pretty good excuse to explain the differences he is noticing.
4. Some people are criticizing him. Why do you think he (or Olivia or Walter) should be above criticism?
5. Some people or the majority of people prefer the version helping Olivia recover her memories right now. That opinion could change in a month, in a year or never. Where is the problem? Some people prefer the characters good and perfect, some don't.

Do you have anything against Peter in particular? If not, why do you care so much, what others think?
Old 11-03-2010, 07:43 AM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jateryara (View Post)
his character is not ruined. and Peter is my fav character in the show. for me, it didn't ruin his character and storyline with this. so you need to seriously take a chill pill.

it's ok to criticize his actions. in fact, i myself sometimes criticize Olivia's actions. and Walter's. and every character on the show.
giving your opnion on someone's character is way different from hating on them.
Fewer lines and better said
Old 11-03-2010, 08:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
4. Some people are criticizing him. Why do you think he (or Olivia or Walter) should be above criticism?
Out of all the Fringe boards I go to, nobody ever criticizes Walter for anything. He steals somebody else's child and people are mad at Peter. People love Walter and don't seem to say anything bad about him.

That's my problem, people criticizing Peter but never Walter.

Well, i don't have a problem with peter since he is more than Olivia's boyfriend which some people only see him as.