Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 04-21-2017, 03:55 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Fringe is definitely better than Dawson's for Josh - but it's not surprising. The subject matter gave him much more to work with.

~Heidi
Old 04-21-2017, 09:51 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Yes it really did. Teen angst show material is not much to work with at all.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:26 PM
Loyal Fan

I just wanted to say that I started to binge watch fringe because I absolutely love Josh. The thing is I never liked sci-fi but surprisingly I'm now obsessed with this show. I'm up to 3x03. I didn't really get hooked until the season one finale which kinda blew me away with the twists and now I can't stop watching. Peter Bishop is EVERYTHING. (And John Noble is brilliant.)
Old 04-23-2017, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueUniverse (View Post)
I'm one of the few, who hasn't watched Dawson's Creek, so Fringe was my first [most excellent] exposure to Josh
I know DC is not a brilliant show like Fringe, but you kind of have to watch it to really appreciate Josh's character Pacey and trust me, if you do get a chance to watch it, you will definitely gain a different appreciation for him. I watched Fringe before DC and fell in love with Josh because of Fringe, but I fell more in love with Josh after watching DC, so don't underestimate the power of Pacey.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 04-23-2017, 08:09 AM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueUniverse (View Post)
I'm one of the few, who hasn't watched Dawson's Creek, so Fringe was my first [most excellent] exposure to Josh
As far as teen angst shows go, Dawson's Creek fits the mold perfectly. It was nice to have a show simply about teenagers in high school without a supernatural slant or murder mystery tied in. Josh's character was by far the best. If you liked Josh in Fringe you can't NOT watch him in D.C.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by flaminga (View Post)
As far as teen angst shows go, Dawson's Creek fits the mold perfectly. It was nice to have a show simply about teenagers in high school without a supernatural slant or murder mystery tied in. Josh's character was by far the best. If you liked Josh in Fringe you can't NOT watch him in D.C.
I approve this message.

And on that note, I'm off to watch some Fringe with Hubby. We are on S2 of our re-watch.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Dawson's was definitely great as teen angst shows go. I agree with you - it was good to see some where the teenagers are basically normal. They have dreams, get into trouble, fall in and out of love and learn to be young adults. But they aren't biting necks or displaying implausible talents.

Josh was terrific in DC. But he was still playing a teenager in a show geared towards teenagers. I just believe he had a chance to stretch his abilities more in Fringe. There was a greater depth to the character of Peter Bishop than there was to Pacey Witter. Peter had a long life history that molded his character and added interest to him. And that character depth really allowed Josh to shine in the role.

~Heidi
Old 04-23-2017, 07:02 PM
Loyal Fan

Don't ya just love how Josh was on one of the greatest teen shows of all time, followed by one of the greatest sci fi shows of all time? He hasn't done too shabby.
Old 04-23-2017, 10:42 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Maybe that's why I never fell in love with Josh during DC. I didn't care for Pacey at all and I never shipped Joey/Pacey so in the end the whole show was just one ginormous disappointment for me. I probably would have enjoyed Josh more in DC if he had played a different character.

But all the shows and movies I have seen Josh in since DC I have loved him.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Now I fell in love with Josh playing Peter, but I fell even harder after watching him as Pacey because he was just soooooo loveable. It's disheartening to hear that someone didn't like Pacey, but he still did a great job playing Pacey.

Old 04-24-2017, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I thought Pacey was adorable, although I wouldn't want him dating my daughter!

~Heidi
Old 04-24-2017, 07:40 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJH85 (View Post)
Now I fell in love with Josh playing Peter, but I fell even harder after watching him as Pacey because he was just soooooo loveable. It's disheartening to hear that someone didn't like Pacey, but he still did a great job playing Pacey.
aww I'm sorry! I didn't mean for it to be disheartening for you I always wanted to like Pacey more but he just rubbed me the wrong way. I am know I am in a small minority though. Pretty much everyone I know loved Pacey to death.

You are absolutely right about Josh though - he did a great job playing Pacey. He made him into a really believable character.
Old 04-24-2017, 10:34 PM
Obsessed Fan

Yeah, well, Pacey is a teenager, isn't he? I was never a fan of fictional teenagers. I'd rather watch Peter Bishop I am aware o the importance of that early role for Josh though. I think it's awesome that he has had such a long career
Old 04-26-2017, 09:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

X
Old 04-26-2017, 11:03 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

great pic of Josh! He has the most amazing blue eyes