Old 04-26-2015, 05:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Rewatch 26-Apr-15 through 02-May-15:
2.02 Night of Desirable Objects
Cornfields will never look the same!

~Heidi
Old 04-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Elite Fan

I really love this episode - funny that I didn't really rate it when I first saw it, but I was still reeling from the death of Charlie and the shape-shifter who took him over.

It was great to see Peter virtually dictating to Broyles what he wanted for The Fringe division and for himself, and taking a proactive role in the investigation.

Walter was his usual unfiltered self with his interactions with other people - telling Sheriff Golightly that someone must have pee'd in his gene-pool, and letting Peter know about the lack of feeling in his hand, in a very Walter style.

Olivia nearly shooting Peter showed just how really unfit for duty she really is at this point, and hats off to Peter for covering for her, although her extra sensitive hearing helped define where the Molerat was.

The Molerat baby and the scene in the tunnel where it attacked Olivia and Peter did look clearer in blu-ray than ordinary dvd so I suppose that is the difference between HD and normal viewing.

Charlie shapeshifter was definitely getting worse. I always wondered how he covered himself with his wife, but perhaps he didn't go home but told her he was away on a case.

The final scene in the lab with Peter telling Walter his story when he was a boy was really insightful into how much better Walter is as a parent now than when Peter was growing up.

This episode also introduced Sam Weiss played by the exceptional Kevin Corrigan, as Olivia's adviser and aid to her recovery.

Last edited by LWS53; 04-27-2015 at 11:51 AM