Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-01-2008, 09:34 AM
Passionate Fan

Because it's not his time yet. Be patient, the season isn't done yet.
Old 12-01-2008, 10:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

I never really cared for Josh before Fringe, but now I really love the way he plays Peter, can't imagine anyone else playing him. That being said, I would say John Noble's Walter is arguably one of the best characters on TV right now, both with the way he's written and acted. That's not meant to demean Josh, I just think a lot of people feel the same way, that Josh is doing a great job, but John Noble is really shining. Yeah, it might be "lucky" that he got that specific role and that it's so memorable, but also remember that Mr. Noble has definitely paid his dues (he's taught acting for several years and has directed numerous productions). There's a lot more time to build up Josh's character, he'll most likely get more meaty story lines as time goes on (a la The Arrival).
Old 12-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Banned

Let's see.

Last edited by JoshandChristinaCursed; 12-01-2008 at 01:03 PM
Old 12-01-2008, 01:08 PM
Supreme Fan

Josh knows what being the kooky, funny sidekick in a TV series is all about -- and he's been there, done that. I'm certain he's ecstatic and over the moon about his leading man role (second billing only to Anna) and that means being billed over John Noble. There's honour in that alone.

JJ Abrams knows Josh's work and has known him since their stint together at the WB, Josh with DC and JJ Abrams with Felicity. JJ will give Josh Emmy-worthy material. Mark my words.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:24 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ten My Love (View Post)
I'm certain he's ecstatic and over the moon about his leading man role (second billing only to Anna) and that means being billed over John Noble. There's honour in that alone.
Josh is definitely in the leading man position, but John Noble has last billing status, so I wouldn't necessarily Josh is billed over him. Those last billed are often considered as important as those first billed.

But, ITA, I think he's on the same boat as Matthew Fox, where we're able to totally forget their old characters and they'll get recognition for the new characters they're playing.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conway1 (View Post)
Because it's not his time yet. Be patient, the season isn't done yet.
I have been patient for 5 years, its not working.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:56 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
Then why bother? If your tired then just stop being a fan. We all appreciate Josh's work, no matter what, and I think you should as well, cause you seem to be the only one that doesn't. If John Nobel was nominated for an award for Fringe, then I bet anything that Josh is ecstatic for John. How about we not focus where Josh's other cast mates and current cast mates are in life and stop comparing Josh to them and just watch him on screen every week.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:08 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshandChristinaCursed (View Post)
Patty,
I was referring to Peter's "Emmy moment" that you often complain about. I'm sure it will come; I feel they're just starting the major Peter storyline right now with his past girlfriend thing and her abusive BF. The last ep was starting to show Peter's possible dark side. I'm sure it will escalate in January when Fringe returns and be paired with American Idol.

Anyways, as a Josh fan, award or no award, I'm still a fan.
Old 12-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Master Fan

Patty,

Let's try to keep from the dramatic.

It's all up to the Hollywood Foreign Press, so that's all we can do is wait.

New episode tonight brings some great Josh/Peter scenes. Can't wait!
Old 12-02-2008, 04:38 PM
Fan Forum Star

I really hope that tonight we might get the glimpse of Peter's past but I am not holding my breath for it because not every episodes have to be everything we want to know. So I can't wait for more P/O scenes tonight! It's better to be good!
Old 12-02-2008, 09:47 PM
Elite Fan

Josh was awesomeeee this episode! I absolutely loved when he was interrogating that guy. You know, I never really realized the caliber of Peter's intelligence. I mean I knew he was smart, but he really blew me away with his knowledge in the interrogation room. And I loved the bar scene, when he did the magic trick with the cards. Very cool.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sightofstars (View Post)
Josh is definitely in the leading man position, but John Noble has last billing status, so I wouldn't necessarily Josh is billed over him. Those last billed are often considered as important as those first billed.
Excellent observation. You're absolutely right about that. And sometimes they're even more important than those first billed.

Josh was great in last night's epi. Fun and romantic in the bar, and firm and commanding in the interrogation room. I think I'm liking those interrogation scenes. Oooh, I would love him in a face to face with Mr. Jones. That would be frightening, but fantastic. There would be our Emmy scene.

Last edited by Ten My Love; 12-04-2008 at 10:09 AM
Old 12-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Banned

Woohoo! The One week movie trailer is now up!

YouTube - One Week Trailer.mpg
Old 12-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Fan Forum Star

Peter definitely killed the episode so perfectly. I was so awed and impressed by his questioning to this guy in the interrogation room. He really amazed me with his comments. He was so genius, just like his father. When he was pointing out about him having a raditation posioning, and I am like, "You definitely have a mind of your own father." He must have gotten most of his genes when it comes to science. He totally rocked the episode with Olivia, Walter, and this guy. Gotta love him!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:10 PM
Part-Time Fan

from recent filming in Brooklyn