Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 01-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by star_gazer02 (View Post)
I really hope that Astrid's important moment isn't to die. I can't handle any more character deaths.
noooooooooo that can't be her important moment
Old 01-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I really hope that Astrid's important moment isn't to die. I can't handle any more character deaths.
What I meant was that her death could have some important significance like Nina's.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

x
Old 01-12-2013, 02:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

And here is the table finished.

First meal at our table! Claire wanted us each to sit at separate ends of the table Coming to America- style,
but since there is no one to subsequently wash the royal penis, it seemed like overkill.

x
Old 01-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

x

Old 01-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Jasika Nicole ("Astrid Farnsworth")

Favorite storyline: Hmm, that’s tricky, because there’s a lot. I really loved the musical episode, because I thought, “How are they going to make a sci-fi show musical and have it still be realistic and make sense? Like, it’s just going to be ridiculous.” And I really didn’t think it was ridiculous. I thought it was sweet. Because it’s with John Noble’s character, you know? He just smooths everything over and makes it seem legit. But that was a favorite episode. Also, I thought the storyline of the alternate universe was intoxicating, for lack of a better word. I loved all those episodes. I thought it was so cool. I think it’s such a neat idea for people to be in a room with somebody who made different decisions or went down their life a different way or had a different journey, but kind of started in the same general place. I just think that’s a really cool idea. All the alternate universe stuff I just really liked.

Favorite memory behind-the-scenes: Gosh, I should have been keeping a diary during the filming of this show. There’s so many, and then all of the sudden you have so many that none of them stick out because they’re all amazing. One of my favorite moments that we make fun of a lot was when my lovely John Noble, he had this machine thing that he had to put on his head, with all these probes and gadgets and stuff -- it was supposed to read your mind. Anyway, he’s introducing it to other characters on the show, and he starts doing this dance with it. He’s doing this stripper dance with this huge device with wires coming out of it. So we were making this joke that he was having sex with this tall woman. You had to have seen him do this little snake dance he was doing with it. It was hysterical. So now, every time he has to do a dance, we’re like, “You’re going to pull out the sex with the tall woman dance?” There’s been a lot of dancing behind the scenes on our show actually. Pretty much every experience I’ve had on stage is a super fun moment.
Fringe Cast Look Back at Their Favorite Storylines - IGN
Old 01-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

source
Old 01-17-2013, 04:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Most of the cast now had to portray two different versions of their character.

Jasika Nicole: I think that alt-Astrid was perceived as being so very cold because she wasn't as emotionally available as this Astrid was, but it turns out that she just has a different way of communicating how she feels. I always knew that she was a good person. She was very dedicated to her work, and she didn't have time for socializing. Whereas the Astrid over here, I think the purpose of her is to be a caring individual, somebody that the other characters could open up to at various points in the different seasons.
Of course, what the producers couldn't foresee, but certainly hoped, was that audiences would end up loving the alternate universe, which made it all the more disheartening when the bridge between the universes was eventually closed.
Nicole: That was a really clever decision for the writers to make, to introduce this alternate universe where you're not rooting for them, you're rooting for the universe that you know. The universe that looks like yours, the one that's relatable to you, the one that we've been with for a couple of seasons already and then you start seeing all these other characters and they behave so different.

Nicole: The more you got to see the characters in the alternate universe the more you realized that they have their hopes and their dreams and their fears and their worries and their happy moments and their sad moments and they, it's just not black and white. They made a lot of sacrifices and in a lot of ways we were the bad guys, not us specifically, but our world. That's when you got to see "Oh, man. These people aren't bad. These people are real people that have their own problems that they're going through."
Old 01-20-2013, 09:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

omg presh bb

X
Old 01-21-2013, 12:24 AM
Extreme Fan

look at her!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^^ A trippy bikini

x
Old 01-22-2013, 08:17 PM
Master Fan

Ummm can someone clarfiy for me what Astrid's important moment was?
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 01-23-2013, 04:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ It was when she suggested the shipping lane. I liked when Astrid got to shoot the observer with Olivia.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:26 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Ummm can someone clarfiy for me what Astrid's important moment was?
to me it was with Walter, but that's just me
Old 01-23-2013, 10:44 PM
Master Fan

^

Oh thanks Sofia! I thought that might be it but wasn't sure.
Icon: JAFpunk59