Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-04-2020, 07:21 AM
New Fan

Fringe Props - What would YOU choose?

I've managed to collect some interesting props from a few of my other favorite shows, but started too late to look for 'Fringe' items. I see where the production company or network actually had some sort of contest to win props and costume items from the show, back in the day. When a show ends today, they frequently turn to some outfit like Screenbids to auction everything off.

I'm always interested in what items the cast members and crew end up with, and there are some good articles online about that. Some actors are big into collecting stuff from their various productions, while others save almost nothing. Some production companies are incredibly stingy when it comes to letting actors keep things - unless, as sometimes happens, it's in their contract that they can - while others are quite generous.

I haven't found any references online to what the 'Fringe' actors might have kept as mementos of the show. But what would YOU pick out, if you could?
Old 05-04-2020, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd love to have the cylinder. It would make a great piece of decor.

~Heidi
Old 05-04-2020, 03:50 PM
Elite Fan

Nice thread idea and welcome to the board and sharing this!

Does Walters album collection count?
Old 05-04-2020, 07:01 PM
Total Fan

Thanks for the new thread. Great idea! I'm surprised I didn't think of it myself.

Since there are so many "Fringe" props I'd love to own, this is going to be an ongoing process for me.

So for starters, I'd love to own this picture of an elderly JFK for my living room.

Fringe Episode 222: "Over There: Part 2" - Fringe222 024 - Fringe Files

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 05-19-2020 at 11:16 AM
Old 05-05-2020, 06:59 AM
New Fan

My first thought was of Walter's iconic coat and cap. I wonder whether John Noble is a "collector" of things like that; if he is, I'd guess he might have hung on to those. (One thing you learn if you're a collector of screen memorabilia, though, is that productions almost never make and maintain just ONE of something like that. It's very likely that, though it always appeared that Walter was wearing the same cap and coat throughout the show, there were actually multiple, possibly even dozens kept on hand.)

That device Walter rigged up to get into people's heads, with all the wires hanging off of it, would make an interesting display. I read an interview with the propmaster or one of the FX guys from season two on who said that the device they used in season one had, it turned out, been rented, and he had to reconstruct it from scratch for later shows.

It only appeared in one scene of the series finale, briefly, but I actually wouldn't mind having that clip of antigravity ozmium bullets that Walter handed to Peter. To quote Walter, "Because it's cool!"
Old 05-05-2020, 03:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Another thing I'd love to have is September's notebook. Even though I wouldn't be able to read anything in it, it would still be cool to have.

~Heidi
Old 05-05-2020, 06:45 PM
Total Fan

I love just about everything about "Fringe", but my favorite part was the alternate universe. That's why another prop I'd like to own is the alternate McDonald's sign.

Fringe Episode 221: "Over There: Part 1" - Fringe221OverTherePart1-048 - Fringe Files
Old 05-05-2020, 09:14 PM
New Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Another thing I'd love to have is September's notebook. Even though I wouldn't be able to read anything in it, it would still be cool to have.
Absolutely. Or the copy of 'The First People' that Peter obtained from his book store owner acquaintance. (That's the kind of thing I would imagine somebody like J.J. Abrams has on a shelf somewhere.) At one point I remember somebody on the show had some framed comic book covers and one of them was 'Red Lantern/Red Arrow' and there were others. (Speaking of which...)

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/rece...overs-in-full/
Old 05-06-2020, 07:30 PM
Total Fan

I'd also love to have (probably my first choice) a framed copy of the alternate New York City skyline. (Long live the Twin Towers!)

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 05-07-2020 at 10:49 AM
Old 05-06-2020, 09:09 PM
Elite Fan

Such a beautiful shot

I was sad when they took the shot of the twin towers off from the Sopranos intro
Old 05-08-2020, 08:14 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwulfAZ (View Post)
Absolutely. Or the copy of 'The First People' that Peter obtained from his book store owner acquaintance. (That's the kind of thing I would imagine somebody like J.J. Abrams has on a shelf somewhere.) At one point I remember somebody on the show had some framed comic book covers and one of them was 'Red Lantern/Red Arrow' and there were others. (Speaking of which...)

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/rece...overs-in-full/
Walternate's version of ZFT would be great to have too.
Old 05-08-2020, 09:17 PM
New Fan

How about "the bullet that saved the world"? Though I'd be willing to bet there wasn't just one of something like that. A thing that small, the propmaster probably had several made in case one got misplaced.
Old 05-09-2020, 03:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I'd love to have the Nixon coin.

~Heidi
Old 05-09-2020, 07:14 PM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I'd love to have the Nixon coin.
Me too.

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 05-11-2020 at 07:05 PM
Old 05-11-2020, 07:09 PM
Total Fan

Along with the $20 Junior and the $100 Fillmore.

I wonder back when The Bridge was in place if there was some sort of currency exchange, like when travelling between two countries, where you could trade Benjamins for Fillmores, Jacksons for Juniors, and Eisenhowers for Nixons, and vice versa, when travelling between the two universes and if the currency exchange rate was the same.

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 05-11-2020 at 07:45 PM