Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-03-2021, 02:26 AM
Elite Fan

I got a little carried away and I’m sorry, politics get me passionate and I certainly didn’t mean to attack anyone. I really can’t apologize for my views though because ultimately we’re all allowed to them (and if I’m being honest I think politics and such should be avoided on these boards but that’s just me) but I definitely think the world could learn to be more tolerant of everyone’s views and it’s important now more than ever

I love you all. We’re all going to disagree from time to time but ultimately we’re here because of our love for this show
Old 05-03-2021, 02:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you. I felt like things needed to be nipped in the bud before it got too heated. Normally, I love a spirited discussion of virtually any topic, but these days political topics definitely seem to trend towards divisiveness and it's probably best if they are avoided on this board.

~Heidi
Old 05-03-2021, 02:46 PM
Total Fan

Fringe Off Topic Thread #3 - Outside the Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Thank you. I felt like things needed to be nipped in the bud before it got too heated. Normally, I love a spirited discussion of virtually any topic, but these days political topics definitely seem to trend towards divisiveness and it's probably best if they are avoided on this board.
Believe me, I would not have let things get too heated.
Old 05-04-2021, 01:47 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)

Agreed. First and foremost it should be for our love of the show

Obviously me and Iron have very opposing political views but I still love talking and engaging with everyone here
Old 05-04-2021, 01:37 PM
Total Fan

Fringe Off Topic Thread #3 - Outside the Box

I post articles and pics within the guidelines of this forum to generate dialogue, not divisiveness. I am not responsible for how others respond to them.

I am, however, responsible for how I respond back.

If I had begun to feel that Ropetuned was beginning to spaz out too much, I would have cut the conversation.

However, if I have to begin to worry that I might 'offend' someone by something I post that is clearly within the guidelines of this forum, where does it end?

What's next? Somebody doesn't like a video I post, or a fan-fic I post, or an article or pic I post?

Recommending that members only post on certain topics on an open forum in my opinion is a subtle form of censorship.

That is what needs to be avoided on this board.
Old 05-04-2021, 02:09 PM
Elite Fan

Yeah, this is where I avoid this thread

You haven’t nor will you ever offend me

Leaving politics out of conversations on a board about a TV show is not a huge ask

I was polite and respectful and this is how you react?

You’re acting like fanfic and character opinions are in the same category as politics which is ridiculous

But thank you for overreacting, it’s absolutely hilarious that someone with liberal views is going to lecture me on censorship

Last edited by Ropetuned; 05-04-2021 at 02:14 PM
Old 05-04-2021, 07:28 PM
Total Fan

I'm being polite and respectful too, and believe me, you don't offend me neither.

You took everything I posted out of context, but that's OK.

Bottom line, I post within the guidelines of this forum for my readers, not to appease other board members.

If you don't like what I post, then don't read them. Simple as that.

The whole purpose of off topic threads are to examine other topics and to help with the post count.

I've said my piece, I'm done with this subject.

Last edited by Ironhorse25; 05-05-2021 at 06:50 PM
Old 05-05-2021, 03:48 AM
Elite Fan

If I don’t like it, don’t read it? Wow, talk about oversimplification.

It doesn’t make for constructive conversation when you’re purposely posting negativity about a political party you don’t like when we should be talking about a TV show we love

There is already an Everyday Interests board with political discussion, I don’t know why there’s a need for one here

Either way this is a lost cause and there’s a better way to spend free time. I’ll leave you to it.

Last edited by Ropetuned; 05-05-2021 at 04:05 AM
Old 05-08-2021, 03:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

After a lot of thought and review of the posts here, I am closing this thread in the hope that we can put an end to what was and continues to be an unproductive discussion.

I appreciate that people have strong opinions on some subjects. I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is when the tone of a discussion becomes combative or inflammatory. That makes for an atmosphere that is uncomfortable and unpleasant and contrary to the spirit of the board rules.

As it happens, this thread is redundant anyway. We have another, older off topic thread and boards are really not supposed to have more than one open OT thread.

If anyone wants to continue discussing the trial or similar topics, I suggest you go here >> Everyday Life & Interests > News & Politics | Sensitive Topics #11

~Heidi