Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2014, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherM317 (View Post)
The poor little girl.
I was so nervous for her the first time I saw this episode.

Well that is it for another week.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 03-01-2014, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think I'm still in the right place - Broyles just visited his ex-wife. I'm lost in that I haven't been watching, so I'm not sure what went on. I'll have to rewatch again.

For example - I'm not sure who the little blond girl is, or what she has to do with the story. I do find it interesting how prominently children are featured in the whole series. It seems almost every episode involves children in some way. Granted, some of that may be simply the heartstring-pulling dramatic factor. But I do wonder if it ties in with the fact that both Olivia and Peter have been unknowingly involved in this since they were little children. And their own child becomes involved.

~Heidi
Master Fan

I know the guy was in a coma...but being put up in outer space for eternity would be a horrible existence.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Obsessed Fan

Broyles gets some closure with his former wife. And this all makes the Alt-universe episode about Broyles' son all the more sad.

I dont think Van Horn can be a shapeshifter at this point, as he wouldn't have Broyles' back. He would probably avoid anyone who knew him well.
Old 03-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, I don't think Van Horn was a shapeshifter in this episode.
Co-Host of The Bazinga Cast|"You belong with me." Olivia to Peter
Thanks to hilery00 for the icon!
Old 03-01-2014, 11:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
I think I'm still in the right place - Broyles just visited his ex-wife. I'm lost in that I haven't been watching, so I'm not sure what went on. I'll have to rewatch again.

For example - I'm not sure who the little blond girl is, or what she has to do with the story. I do find it interesting how prominently children are featured in the whole series. It seems almost every episode involves children in some way. Granted, some of that may be simply the heartstring-pulling dramatic factor. But I do wonder if it ties in with the fact that both Olivia and Peter have been unknowingly involved in this since they were little children. And their own child becomes involved.
The little girl just happened to be staying at the same Motel and the shadow was starved for Radiation so was getting it any way he could so was going to go after her before Broyles shot his host.

You are going to love the next episode as it too is about a kid, well Youth as in young teenager.

icon credit: crash landing
Old 05-17-2015, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Smoking is hazardous to your health!
2.06 Earthling
This guy's a real ash!

~Heidi
Old 05-17-2015, 01:02 PM
Elite Fan

I've been reading the posts from the last re-watch and have to say that I think Van Horn must have been a Shapeshifter as when they discover him to be a shapeshifter they allude to the fact that he has been a Shapeshifter for 2 years. I am sure this is less than 2 years before they find out. 'Shifter Van Horn will have kept close tabs on Broyles and the team as the main reason for the shapeshifters being in the blue verse was to keep an eye on the Fringe team, especially Peter, so that his father would know where he was. Van Horn would be able to relay messages to Newton as to where the team were and what they were doing so that he could kidnap Walter when he needed to.

Last edited by LWS53; 05-17-2015 at 01:08 PM
Old 05-19-2015, 01:53 PM
Elite Fan

I remember when I first saw this episode - it was so shocking when that first victim just fell apart. Walter wanting a vacuum cleaner to carry the remains back to the lab was in such bad taste - I had to see it over to see the funny side.

It was good to get a bit of back story on Broyles. The scene with Broyles, the CIA guy and Nina was a bit icky.

Walter and Peter working out that the shadow was inextricably connected to the cosmonaut was well worked out. Only Walter could come up with the plan of using that contraption to solve the equation.

Hopefully it won't fall back to Earth or be retrieved by some astronauts in the future.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:33 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Walter at his irreverent best - the ash man reminding him of Peter's anatomically corrective drawings on the reindeer decorations and wanting a Dust Devil (appropriate choice of brand!) to transport the poor man.

The tinker-toy thing was brilliant - but it must have taken hours to put that together!

-- side note - it's always amusing when a show is located in or visits DC. The reference to
"Tyson General" hospital makes me laugh. There is, of course, no such hospital. But there is a Tyson's Corner - a huge complex of shopping malls and businesses located on the fringes of the Virginia suburbs.

One of the things I love (and hate!) about this show is the questions it leaves you with. What exactly was the entity and how did it get into the cosmonaut? Are there more - could another one come back with another astronaut? How is it that Broyles shoots the guy point-blank in the head and he wakes up again? What the heck does the CIA have to do with all this?

~Heidi
Old 05-24-2015, 04:14 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxPhile (View Post)
Walter at his irreverent best - the ash man reminding him of Peter's anatomically corrective drawings on the reindeer decorations and wanting a Dust Devil (appropriate choice of brand!) to transport the poor man.

The tinker-toy thing was brilliant - but it must have taken hours to put that together!

-- side note - it's always amusing when a show is located in or visits DC. The reference to
"Tyson General" hospital makes me laugh. There is, of course, no such hospital. But there is a Tyson's Corner - a huge complex of shopping malls and businesses located on the fringes of the Virginia suburbs.

One of the things I love (and hate!) about this show is the questions it leaves you with. What exactly was the entity and how did it get into the cosmonaut? Are there more - could another one come back with another astronaut? How is it that Broyles shoots the guy point-blank in the head and he wakes up again? What the heck does the CIA have to do with all this?
I think Nina asked the CIA guy to look into it - he must have owed her a favour or something. Anything to do with another country the CIA would be keeping tabs on. Have you never seen spy shows? the CIA, MI5 and the KGB have their fingers in everything