Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-07-2012, 11:13 PM
Master Fan

5x06 - Through the Looking Glass and What Walter Found There - Episode Discussion

Episode 5x06- Through the Looking Glass and Glass and What Walter Found There

Original Air Date – November 9, 2012

SYNOPSIS

Fringe - Episode 5.06 - Through the Looking Glass and Glass and What Walter Found There - Press Release

A Fringe team member takes on a new role, and Walter follows leads to a key piece in their battle against the Observers.

CAST

Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop;
Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth.

GUEST STARS

Georgina Haig as Etta

PROMOTIONAL PICTURES

PROMOS & SNEAK PEEKS

Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 11-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW THE SNEAK PEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKK
Old 11-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Okay then...

Theme of the night—Bishops Unbound: Walter losing himself to his former (badass) self; Peter losing himself to Observer tech. This may not end well...

Also—how are they doing these Etta signs? Really, the side of a building? I'd say they were metaphorical, except Fringe has never gone in for showing things that aren't really there (except for the location tags, and those are pretty obviously not really there).
Old 11-10-2012, 02:08 PM
Fan Forum Star

This episode was supposed to be a "great one" like every new episode this season, I'm not saying I didn't enjoy the episode but I just don't get where we're going with this, I want to believe that all this will pay off at the end and we'll get a good ending.

Walter going to this pocket universe alone? That building looked familiar, it looked like the one in subject 9. When he got inside the pocket universe it looked like he was a different person, he looked so confident in what he was doing. He said at the train at the train that he was someone else, the man with all the pieces of his brain so that means he's going to remember the plan?

It was nice to see Olivia trying to reach for Peter so they can overcome their grief together, you can see she's trying to move forward with him and that moment would've been perfect if Peter didn't seemed a little cold (but I'm assuming it's just the observer tech).
I don't get why he doesn't tell the team what he did, and I know they're not in a good place right now but why didn't he tell Olivia? He doesn't want to worry them?
Another thing is when they were searching the way out of the pocket universe, obviously Peter knew where he was going so he pushed Walter and he knew the Observers were there, so why did he go first? I'm not sure if that means something but I'm guessing you let your wife go first (yes I'm assuming that they're still married ) Maybe he wanted to make sure the other side was safe? Either way I'm still waiting for a kiss

Then we got bad-ass Peter, it was nice to see someone finally punch an Observer, I liked that scene, we don't get a lot of fight scenes with Peter

I like the references from previous seasons, now the kid, I have hope things get interesting with this.
Old 11-10-2012, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
but why didn't he tell Olivia?
Probably because he knows neither she nor anyone else would ever approve of that brilliant idea?
Old 11-10-2012, 03:49 PM
Banned

You know, if peter and olivia are supposed to fight together then how come when Olivia fights, she is clearly by herself? Why can't Peter fight by himself for once? Olivia has saved herself 3 times without peters help so why cant Peter?
Old 11-10-2012, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ What?
Old 11-10-2012, 10:02 PM
New Fan

Was a good episode. Polivia scene was beautiful, Josh and Anna are brilliant at what they do and if I didn't know Josh was in a relationship then I would've convinced he and Anna where.

I'm loving Peter this season and that he isn't just in the background, and as much as I love Olivia it's nice to see her dealing with her emotions and relationships instead of so focused on saving everyone else.

I really don't think Peter is September, but them I'm probably wrong.

On another note, Josh and Anna look hot this season.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:52 AM
Loyal Fan

@Betty right 1. Right we need a kiss 2. I didn't get the thing withWalter become the "bad Walter" either , I mean just because this guy died ? It was not his fault so I don't understand it at the moment and 3. I liked the Peter fighting against the Observer scene , too

@mellfringefan So right and welcome to the board

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 11-11-2012, 07:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
On another note, Josh and Anna look hot this season
RIGHT?????????? I don't know what it is, something's different this season and I LOVE it
Old 11-14-2012, 10:01 AM
Part-Time Fan

does anyone know what these balls are? or are they just an error?
Old 11-14-2012, 04:07 PM
Loyal Fan

mhh good question

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 11-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

^ I don't even remember this
Old 11-14-2012, 05:31 PM
Extreme Fan

The director for the ep said that they were left over from a deleted scene.

Kinda messy on the part of the editing area.
Old 11-15-2012, 10:16 AM
Part-Time Fan

^Thank you