Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-26-2012, 01:23 PM
Fan Forum Hero

5x01 - Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11 - Episode Discussion

Episode 5x01 – Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11

Original Air Date – September 28th 2012

SYNOPSIS

*SEASON PREMIERE** - "FRINGE" - (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) CC-HDTV 720p-Dolby Digital 5.1

PA: Viewer discretion is advised.

THE FRINGE TEAM EMBARKS ON ITS MOST IMPORTANT MISSION ON AN ALL-NEW "FRINGE" FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 28, ON FOX

The fifth and final season picks up from the ominous events of last season's "Letters of Transit" episode, in which the year is 2036 and the overpowering Observers rule.
The Fringe team - preserved in amber for 20 years - is now a rebel resistance team fighting for freedom.
Peter, reunited with his now adult daughter, Etta, sets out to find out what happened to his wife and Etta's mom - Olivia - as they start their mission to save the world
from the Observers in the "Transilience Thought Unifier Model-11" Season Five premiere episode airing Friday, Sept. 28 (9:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX. (FR-501) (TV-14 V)

CAST

Anna Torv as Olivia Dunham; Joshua Jackson as Peter Bishop; John Noble as Walter Bishop;
Lance Reddick as Phillip Broyles; Blair Brown as Nina Sharp; Jasika Nicole as Astrid Farnsworth.

GUEST STARS

Georgina Haig as Etta.

PROMOTIONAL PICTURES

PROMOS & SNEAK PEEKS

Old 09-26-2012, 11:13 PM
Part-Time Fan

I'm so excited but this is bittersweet!
Old 09-26-2012, 11:59 PM
Total Fan

Almost there.

Icon: ridemytardis
Old 09-27-2012, 02:43 AM
Loyal Fan

Great. Maybe we can start a countdown for season 5 ? I don't know if this is possible but it would be nice

“What we’ve learned is about the power of love, though all of the science fiction and the hurdles we’ve had to go through, it’s the love.” - John Noble
Old 09-27-2012, 03:54 AM
Dedicated Fan

TOMORROW!!! Can't wait!
|Peter&Olivia| |Nathan&Audrey| |Mulder&Scully|
Old 09-27-2012, 04:28 AM
Master Fan

Thanks for posting the discussion thread Sofia! I'm ready for S5!!!
Icon: JAFpunk59
Old 09-28-2012, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

The ending was so perfect. I mean, the Observer told Walter that nothing grows from barren land and there is a dandelion growing out of the pavement.

I was hoping that the music would help bring back some of Walter's memory, too. But how awesome was the use of the 80s song, "Only You" by Yazoo?! One of my faves from that decade.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Wow exciting premiere!

The final scene

The Bishops are all reunited

Crap, now the plan is gone!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:07 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I didn’t love it, but I didn’t hate it either, and that’s a relief. But this is not Fringe the show anymore, like Amy said in another place, it’s the sci-fi movie of the week. I’m sure many people love dystopian stories in the future, I don’t. I feel like I’m watching the Nazi regime, not in the past, but in the future. It feel like everything our characters went through in four seasons was for nothing, as, like Olivia said, “we didn’t save the world” and Peter adds, “not even half of it”. No matter what, the future that they present us is always bleak. In a show about choices and hope, that’s disheartening.

Having said that, our characters always save the day! I don’t remember any other show where the cast has this amazing connection and chemistry that makes it all feel natural. We look into their eyes, we see their gestures and we know, we’re part of that, we’re there. No dystopian future can change that. So thank you Anna, Jasika, John and Josh (and Lance and Blair, you were not there this week, but we know you will) for creating magic. And well done Georgina. Fringe has always been good at finding relatively unknown actors that add something to the show. Georgina has this not easy at all task of becoming a member of that family and she’s doing it brilliantly.

I have a question: Was Etta purposely taken from her parents, or she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time? If they knew who she was, I would assume they would keep tabs on her and Windmark would know about her, right?

I have more questions, but I’m sure they’ll answer them in future episodes, namely, where’s September, what’s Bell role in all this, what happened to Etta after she disappeared.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm still emotional over the episode All the Bishops are killing me. Can someone just give John Noble his Emmys already? Although watching him being tortured is painful, he is amazing and captivating there. And omg the last scene! Chills down my spine when he was listening to the song and saw that little flower growing from the ground I'm not ready to say goodbye to this show

AB∞RB: E&K+M&Ms+Evapup + all bunnies ♥ Emma | icon
Old 09-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Elite Fan

I loved the premiere. I missed this show so much!!!!

I think the first episode was awesome and I can't wait for more.

I couldn't stop crying during the Olivia & Etta reunion

And when Peter was talking to Olivia and he started crying it also brought me to tears. Great acting. I hope PO mends their relationship in the near future

The end was amazing. I wonder if they could killed the observers with a certain "sound". It seems Windmark doesn't like most music. Maybe their brains could explode like in Mars Attacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiab (View Post)
I have a question: Was Etta purposely taken from her parents, or she was just in the wrong place at the wrong time? If they knew who she was, I would assume they would keep tabs on her and Windmark would know about her, right?
I have the same doubt. I think they lost her and couldn't find her because if they started asking too many questions they would know who she was and the observers would take her.
Old 09-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

To me the fact that they push the characters to the brink in order to bring them back stronger is exactly what Fringe is about and what makes this season feel more fringe than ever. Throughout season 2 and 3 they were at war with an entire universe, but they rebounded, in the season 2 finale and season 3 opener Peter learned that Walter was not his real father and that he in fact had kidnapped him, but they were able to restore their relationship. Peter slept with Faux-Olivia practically shattering his and Olivias relationship, but they were able to restore it. And of course the biggest one yet, Peter getting deleted from time, but he was able to find his way back and restore things as much as possible to a status quo.

So to sum up, the season opener didn't worry me, even though the setting, dystopia, is very different, i found it enticing and full of promise .

Join: Sophie Turner, Brittany Snow and Daisy Ridley

#HoldTheDoor, Hodor

Last edited by King of Cool; 09-30-2012 at 06:22 AM
Old 09-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

About the premiere

Old 09-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Fan Forum Star

Well, the compressed season means the pacing is going to be a little rushed, but otherwise it seems to be the same old Fringe.

I'm guessing that September and Walter's plan isn't actually gone, just harder to get at. Or maybe Walter will remember enough to recreate it. I'm assuming that the plan is to somehow do to all of the Observers what they tried to do to September: "lock the world away." Then (maybe?) go back in time and make this universe inaccessible to them.