Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-13-2013, 11:16 PM
Loyal Fan

goodbye 90210
loved it loved it
now all we need is a 2 hour long tv movie ahha!!!

Luke&Lorelai..Lucas&Brooke..Troy&Gabriella..Jay&Erin..Wade&Zoe..Rachel&Finn..Rayna&Deacon

Gilmore Girls..One Tree Hill.. Friday Night Lights #Gonebutnotforgotten
Old 05-14-2013, 02:08 AM
Elite Fan

I still cant believe that after 5 years the writers wouldnt even allow them a short two hour extra episode or anything.

What happened to Naomi? Was her ending awful? Did anyone watch AL's youtube thing?

Any cute moment from the cast during the perspective?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-14-2013, 06:03 AM
Elite Fan

Chas, there were a lot of cute moments in the retrospective. I'll list some of my faves. Maybe we can have a retrospective thread?

--- The Tressica hug.
--- Matt and Tristan hugging.
--- AL making fun of Jessica Lowndes' table read demeanor.
--- AL and Shenae saying Steger was sexy, and him covering up.
--- Michael teasing J. Low about the finale
--- Tristan pumping up Sixon
--- The writers wanting to do Naomi/Navid. I always suspected but I'm glad they didn't pretty much.

There were just so many. I loved it.

icon
Old 05-14-2013, 07:04 AM
Elite Fan

Sounds lovely, cant wait to get home and watch..

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-14-2013, 07:56 AM
Elite Fan

I forgot the AL/Matt flirting. You might like that.

icon
Old 05-14-2013, 08:49 AM
Fan Forum Star

Aww what a great finale! Honestly...

I mean, I know it wasn't a series finale and it was missing a lot of key characters and yada yada, but for what it was I think the writers did a pretty decent job.

The one thing I didnt like/understand was silvers cancer SL. It would have been easy enough to have them call her and tell her that the results were negative. But I guess after all the stuff silvers gone through/done it felt more natural to have it be there. And there was that little bit of hope at the end. I am not disappointed that silver and dixon didnt get back together (i dont ship them anyways) because i think it would have been too cheesey to have all these pairings end together, plus silver and dixon havent had a romantic vibe for a long time so it wouldnt have made sense, but it was nice to have them at least interacting and have the final scene together.

i didnt really see the point of jordan at all and i dont ship him with naomi but they arent horrible together, he seems to be a fairly decent guy. i would have rather she ended up single and strong and independent because thats who naomi is, but oh well. i did love all the annie/naomi scenes though and annie telling naomi she is a good person because she is. (and all the annalynne/shenae behind the scenes stuff was adorableeeeeee)

I was glad that navid/adrianna were together and happy and safe and I am soooo thankful they actually got out at the end and got to interact with the others. Silver and Adrianna making up was something I wanted to see as well so I am happy about that too.

silver/annie/naomi hug. wish ade was part of that though.

obviously my favorite part of the whole thing was annie/liam, i thought it made sense and had a nice build (and frankly, im glad now that it was cancelled after hearing where they would have gone with it LOL). The final scene literally had me almost crying, it was just so good, I thought matt and shenae did so so good in that scene. It was a really happy last scene and I think it was the perfect place to end it. Even with annie/naomi/liam together, that was really cuteeeee. my favorite characters <3
Old 05-14-2013, 10:08 AM
Loyal Fan

I don't understand. Did they film that before knowing they were getting cancelled? Or, at least it must have been mostly written before knowing they weren't coming back. Because leaving the mystery of Silver having to fight cancer? And that whole explosion storyline? Navid brought that bag that was at Liam and Annie's place and then the explosion. Liam never mentions missing the bag? That sure looked like a "gun on the mantle" type of moment. I mean, I'm guessing it was another attempt by Patrick to get revenge on Annie. It is nice you guys got a couple good endings for being such loyal fans. I couldn't deal with this show on TV so I always caught up over the summer but I decided to marathon through this season to watch the finale. As an original BH 90210 fan (watched the very first episode live when it aired in 1990) I had only tuned in to watch the continuation of that show. They did that a bit at the start but then the show spun off into a way different animal. The west coast Gossip Girl sort of. Which, for me was a turn off but I realise I was not the target demo. This was a way better finale than GG. Especially since those guys knew all season that it was the end. In any case, I remain slightly dissatisfied. I hope the DVD has some extras explaining all the dangling story lines.

Go Tar Heels!!
Old 05-14-2013, 10:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
I don't understand. Did they film that before knowing they were getting cancelled? Or, at least it must have been mostly written before knowing they weren't coming back.
The majority of it was filmed before they knew they were cancelled. They changed a few things last minute (like Lannie & Navade reunions presumably.) as they did have a different ending before.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:49 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chastidy (View Post)
Sounds lovely, cant wait to get home and watch..
you definately should. The retrospective was so good.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

One thing I really loved from the retrospective was when AL was talking about how the producers were telling her that this doesn't happen on these types of shows, the cast's never get along this way. Really makes me appreciate this cast so much more, from the get go they were a tight knit family, and never really had any drama like so many other teen show casts.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I loved AL on the retrospective as well.
Old 05-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Found it this afternoon, Liam/Naomi fans should definitely read that one:
wow!
Old 05-14-2013, 07:03 PM
Fan Forum Hero

x

What cuties!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Elite Fan

Well I finally watched it. I can't believe it's over although from the sounds of what they had lined up for next season, it's probably for the best. The episode wasn't great and the endings were sort of forced but i appreciate the writers did their best.

Annie and Liam getting engaged was forced as hell. If anything I thought it should have been Navid and Ade but I'm glad Annie got her happy ending. Even though Liam absolutely did not deserve to get the girl.

Naomi's ending was sort of lame, I hated that Jordan was lurking around in the background and wanted her to end the series independently. Still though, she was at least happy and Naomi.

Her and Annie's friendship ended up becoming my favourite part of the show and I'll miss their scenes more then anything.

Silver getting cancer? Awful. Such an awful ending but at least it was left on a slightly positive note. Her telling Dixon she would be proud to have a son like him - punch in the gut to Sixon fans. Glad that they ended the season besties though.

I'm also quite resentful they made us suffer through Silver's fertility drama for the entire year without any sort of resolution. This was the worst storyline of all the lame storylines and I'd say it was definetly the contributing factor to cencellation.

Loved the final scene with Dixon and Annie, so sweet. I never realised until I watched the retrospective that Annie is the oldest.

Navid and Adrianna had their happy ending which is great for their fans.

Overall a nice ending under bad circumstances.

Regarding the retrospective, it's sweet how close Shenae and AL are. Stroup is like one of the guys.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 05-15-2013, 01:06 PM
Fan Forum Star

i red about the "liomi" cliffhanger. i dont thnk it would have worked out the way some of think it would have. i seriously doubt the marriage would have been real and it would have been a ploy. so i m very glad that it didnt happen because wouldnt want to sit through that.

i didnt htink about the bag and the explosion and obviously it was probably patricks doing but i guess we're supposed to assume the explosion was something different? idk.

im just SO SICK of shows getting cancelled and having absolutely horrible/open ended finales that this was one was satisfying to me. it helped that my otp ended together too, so maybe im biased. LOL