Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 11-05-2008, 12:19 PM
Part-Time Fan

Yeah the writers have been quick on things. i don't like it. I like kind of more things being hidden, I thought that is kind of goes along with the plot of 90210 hidden secerts, that people don't want to tell to each other, like besties, girlfriends/boyfriends, audiance and family. That goes in the rule book for EVERY teen drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeluvzya (View Post)
And Silver was revealed to be a virgin! Kinda a little bit surprised by that! Especially after in 'Wide Awake and Dreaming' (I think) when she told Annie she was not ready for sex - she sounded like she spoke from experience.
She mighted have lied about it infront of Naomi, Annie & Adrianna because something horriable might have happened during the experiance and it could have been akward too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugo (View Post)
Ryan - Kim seriously why did the writers have to tell the viewer her identity immediately or Ryan for that matter, the banter and the tension could have been interesting for a few more episodes but then a storyline would have to last longer than 3 episodes and the writers apparently can't have that
I agree that they should have that storyline dragged out for a bit. I like watching the little banter and the tension inbetween them.

Ryan also kind of issues with women, I noticed. Like he likes Kelly (I don't know if he still does.) and then he moves on to Brenda (I don't know if he still likes her either.) and then this new undercover cop comes along, and then she tells him that she is undercover, and then the next minute they're making out. I don't know what is going on in his head. He doesn't seem like the guy that would move on that fast, to me at least.
Old 11-05-2008, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by live_your_life (View Post)
She mighted have lied about it infront of Naomi, Annie & Adrianna because something horriable might have happened during the experiance and it could have been akward too.

Seeing as she was all smiles while saying it and SHE was the one to bring it up first, I think it's pretty clear she was honest with her answer.
Old 11-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalnoob (View Post)
Seeing as she was all smiles while saying it and SHE was the one to bring it up first, I think it's pretty clear she was honest with her answer.
yeah i totally agree! i think its awesome she is, its gonna be that much more adorable for us to see SD's relationship grow! it could also be really funny . i hope its not the end of ryan/kim, i love watching them together! i think its gonna be too awkward for them to stay together because since ryan is on "temporary leave", there might be rumors since george knows about his relationship with kim too! & then hes gonna be back so he will have to deal with the rumors
Old 11-05-2008, 02:16 PM
Part-Time Fan

yeah they will run into that problem because i think george is the chuck bass of bh!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:36 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad we finally got to hear something about Dixon's parentals. Even more glad that the writers didn't go for the boring drug-addict-mom or crap like that.

George. I'd switch shirts with him. Though I do have to admit I'm a bit annoyed how he just pops up randomly here and there without even a mention for his absence, as if he's been in every episode so far. But then again, that's an issue with the writers in general for all the characters, not explaining things and just randomly making stuff happen.

Quote:
Naomi/Ozzie is too fun. I love the maturity on his side and what he does to her at the same time. He brings her up from the dysfunctional relationship routine she's always used to and gets her to see the bigger picture. I like it a lot. I'd love to see more of him and them together.
I completely agree. It's about time that Naomi got a wake-up call. I expected her to get it after the whole issue with her parents' divorce, but that didn't really happen. Loved their jabs at each other at the beginning of the episode at school. And I'm a bit peeved at the writers for having Naomi see Ethan/Annie and kinda kill off that Naomi/Ozzie momentum at the end. Looks like Ozzie's not gonna be around much.

Quote:
Silver/Naomi/Adrianna is real fun but it was waaaay too rushed and waaaay too OOC. All of a sudden, Silver invited Adrianna, the same girl she sparred words with in the second ep. The same girl who referred to her as "bitch lips" and "freakshow". They completely forgot about the yrs of dislike between each other in the span of 2 seconds, miraculously. This triangle should've really been developed much more because seeing them be fun together proves they work as friends - esp Silver/Naomi - but the fact that they're so rushed takes me right out of it at the same time.
Yeah I got kinda confused with Silver hugging Adrianna when Adrianna arrived. Really confused, actually. That came out of nowhere. Didn't even know Naomi/Silver were that close, much less Adrianna/Silver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awakeningjenny (View Post)
Annie isn't getting any easier to watch. Even drunk Annie was annoying - and it's not the actress, I just don't think they're writing her very well atm. She's caught in that awful place between 'Hi, I'm from Kansas and totally don't get all y'all Beverly Hills customs like playing I never and famous shoe designers' & 'Lets get drunk, almost have sex with Ty/Ethan and bitch out my parents, while acting like my problems are monumental'. There needs to be some consistency. Either, she's the innocent, or she's.. not. The writers can't have it both ways.
I thought that whole she's-from-Kansas thing was overkill too. I mean, Jimmy Choo as Chinese food? Seriously? And I Never is such a universal game. Pfft!

Quote:
Ryan also kind of issues with women, I noticed. Like he likes Kelly (I don't know if he still does.) and then he moves on to Brenda (I don't know if he still likes her either.) and then this new undercover cop comes along, and then she tells him that she is undercover, and then the next minute they're making out. I don't know what is going on in his head. He doesn't seem like the guy that would move on that fast, to me at least.
I feel that's more of an issue with the writing than with Ryan's character. It just seems to me that the writers don't really know what to do with him, since they're not having him interact with the kids outside of class, and the kids are barely even in class as is. And then he doesn't really fit in with the Wilsons or the Clarks. So the writers just stick him with Kelly, Brenda, and/or Kim just to give him something.

Quote:
yeah they will run into that problem because i think george is the chuck bass of bh!
Oh I wish. George doesn't look like he'll be around much at all, especially with Kellan getting busy with Twilight stuff coming up. George definitely has that potential though.

Basically, highlights in the ep for me were George and Naomi/Ozzie.
Old 11-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJ (View Post)

I feel that's more of an issue with the writing than with Ryan's character. It just seems to me that the writers don't really know what to do with him, since they're not having him interact with the kids outside of class, and the kids are barely even in class as is. And then he doesn't really fit in with the Wilsons or the Clarks. So the writers just stick him with Kelly, Brenda, and/or Kim just to give him something.

Oh I wish. George doesn't look like he'll be around much at all, especially with Kellan getting busy with Twilight stuff coming up. George definitely has that potential though.

Basically, highlights in the ep for me were George and Naomi/Ozzie.
Ryan - Yeah they need to do something with him. Honestly more interaction with like all the kids at least. Trying to be the teacher everyone likes, I would love to see that out of him.

George - Yeah Well when he has enough time inbetween his Twilight stuff, we might see more of a Chuck Bass coming out of him.
Old 11-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Loyal Fan

I actually really liked the ep even if I think everything is going way too fast we've got Adrianna/Navid who I actually like together but it went from no interaction to dating in 2 weeks no build up. Naomi/Ozzie who are cute are obv going nowhere. Then we'rre going to have to watch Annie/Ethan and they bug me cos it's too much her show. Dixon is cute with Silver but I swear he was in like 5 mins last night compared to Annie who was in every second scene they should have equal air time. As they are both meant to be the main stars
Old 11-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

They're obviously just brushing over the Naomi/Silver past thing because it looks like Naomi and Annie are about to be the new enemies, so ...
Old 04-22-2015, 01:10 AM
Fan Forum Star

"Oh Kansas." i loved that line and all the annie/naomi stuff again. the holy moly nail polish scene was so freaking cute!

I think Shenae is a decent actress but sometimes she delivers lines weird and i dont get why the directors don't tell her to tame stuff down. lol she was a great drunk though. haha. and regarding some comments in this thread, i think annie was a rebelling a bit this episode because she was upset about the half brother thing. i think that made sense. but her mom constantly trying to give her a free pass is a bit of a joke.

ethan pretending to be naomi was pretty funny. i like his goofy side. awww dustin. miss him. i still think e/a are cute. i understand them wanting to keep things quit for a bit. it sucks naomi had to see them when they were gonna tell her but oh well, it needed to be out there anyway.

silver inviting naomi and ade to her house. HUH? that makes NO sense but ok whatever. and dixon and silver i think are just too "Bro-ey" for me. i think thats maybe why i cant get into them. i dunno i just see them as really good buddies, I'm not sure the romantic side is there for me. i did like hearing about dixins past though and i wish they would have delved deeper into that.

the kim/ryan storyline is boring now that the truth is out. :/ and harry was bit of an ass suspending ryan. all because he gave her a ride? such crap. i seriously forgot all about george. he was in quite a few scenes this season wasnt he?

naomi and ozzie are now the most interesting thing to me, but I'm trying not to get too invested since i know he doesnt stick around long. naomis rant about him being weird was so relatable because i feel like guys do that all the time! they flirt and then say they dont want games but thats what they're doing? funny. shame she hung up on the phone call. grrr.

Navid was super cute this ep but a bit stalkerish at first. i loved the navid/ade scene upstairs though, how she just kissed him, that was cute! and then him getting upset that she wanted to have sex and said he wasnt that guy. that was good! i love that sort of angst. the last scene was great but i felt it was a bit rushed that ade suddenly wanted to be with him? the beginning of the episode she was acting kind of annoyed with him. the "how bout we walk together" though....

the harry/annie scenes are sweet.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:41 AM
Elite Fan

I thought Annie drunknwas funny too. Shenae is a decent actress but season one was definetly her worst season. She like all the cast improved over the course of the show.

Sneaking around on Naomi was lame. Especially of Ethan because he had history with Her and owed her more. I think Annoe came off as two faced because she was so chummy with Naomi but at the same time lying her about Ethan. Being with Ethan wasn't the betrayal, it was more the lying about it and making a fool of Naomi that Id say made Naomi hate her if you get her..

Regardless both girls were silly because he was soooooo not worth it.

Naomi used to Be great with guys. They made her so desperate as the show went on..

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-25-2015, 12:33 AM
Fan Forum Star

i agree, i don't remember her being that bad (and she wasnt that bad but ill use that word for now) later on in the series. maybe she saw herself on tv and tamed it down. lol.

i agree that ethan wasnt really worth it. i think a/e should have just chilled for a while. but you are right, it was about being honest, but i could see annies pov with it too. she should have just chosen though, date ethan or friends with naomi. not tried to have both.

and yeah, naomi was so fierce and then at times they would make her weak when it came to guys which was frustrating.
Old 04-26-2015, 07:57 AM
Elite Fan

I feel they changed Naomi's personality when it came to men to fit with the storyline. With Ozzie, Oscar she was fierce because we were supposed to route for them. Her first episode with Liam she was fierce but as soon as Annie came into the picture she became desperate because I think the writers wanted us to route for Annie/Liam from the get go. That was one thing that really put me off the show. I felt they'd cheapen the characters to get the viewer to think a certain way. Naomi suffered from it and so did Adrianna when they were pushing Navid/Silver.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-27-2015, 12:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

i really wasnt sure what they intended for annie/liam. because when he first came i thought they were planning to make naomi/liam kind of about fun, maybe even have naomi not be all that intersted and then make annie/liam the slow burn. but in season 2 they totally dropped the a/l storyline in the first half and naomi/liam got a lot of focus and they seemed to be building them nicely.

then of course the second half it flipped around again, so it was kind of strange. as of now i feel like they were originally gonna go with liam/naomi and the annie/liam scenes in season 1 were just for temporary drama. but then the new show writer maybe preferred a/l and saw the fan support so changed directions?

i do like how she got over liam though and didnt dwell on him and i really enjoyed naomi/ozzie, naomi/oscar and naomi/max so there were some guys i appreciated her with.

but of anyone, she could have been the one female that didnt need a guy and could have been single and strong on her own. its too bad they made her look desperate for guys attention most of the time because imo naomi wasnt that character.
Old 04-27-2015, 05:00 AM
Elite Fan

The fan support for Naomi/Liam was there. That's why I felt they turned Naimi into a joke around mid season two so that we'd route for A/L instead. Annie was the lead ~good girl of the show and Kirshner loved the character so I don't think she was ever not going to get Liam.

But then season four came and they destroyed A/L so god knows what the motive for that was.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 04-27-2015, 05:01 AM
Elite Fan

The fan support for Naomi/Liam was there. That's why I felt they turned Naimi into a joke around mid season two so that we'd route for A/L instead. Annie was the lead ~good girl of the show and Kirshner loved the character so I don't think she was ever not going to get Liam.

But then season four came and they destroyed A/L so god knows what the motive for that was.

My Tumblr
My Twitter