Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Elite Fan

On hiatus again! So what's your favorite episode/moment? What will happen?

Okay, so we don't get a new episode until January 6, 2009. And seeing as how just about everyone on this board has already seen just about every episode and pretty much exhausted discussion on the individual episode discussion threads, let's try something new in place of the weekly episode discussion thread.

What's your favorite episode thus far? What do you think 2009 will bring? Now remember, this is a SPOILER-FREE board, so if you read spoilers, please keep that stuff off this thread and board. The second question about what you think is meant to be based off your own inklings, the development of the current/old storylines, and whatever that CW promo with the voiceovers imply.

If you need a refresher of episodes past:
Series Premieres: Episodes 1.01 & 1.02 - We're Not in Kansas Anymore & The Jet Set (Part 1), Part 2
Episode 1.03 - Lucky Strike
Episode 1.04 - The Bubble
Episode 1.05 - Wide Awake and Dreaming
Episode 1.06 - Model Behavior
Episode 1.07 - Hollywood Forever
Episode 1.08 - There's No Place Like Homecoming
Episode 1.09 - Secrets and Lies
Episode 1.10 - Games People Play
Episode 1.11 - That Which We Destroy

And for what it's worth, we have been slipping in the weekly post counts (stupid hiatus!), so let's get some discussion rolling!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting Jen! I was trying to think of what to do during hiatus and this is a great idea!
I love you
meghan
Old 12-02-2008, 03:51 PM
Elite Fan

.... Now.... if only other people joined in....

So my favorite episode is 'Hollywood Forever,' mostly because I love Jessica/Adrianna and girl rocked that episode. Favorite Adrianna scene was her about to come clean to her mom, only to have her mom dump all the burden onto her. And it was good timing on the show's part too, ending with Adrianna ODing at the end, leading into a break into the new episodes.

As for the new year, I'm just gonna guess that Ozzie and Naomi never really get off the ground. And Ozzie leaves within the first two episodes of the year. (All based on the fact that Michael Trevino is only a guest star, so he's gotta be leaving at some point. And with Sean introduced in the last episode, I'm guessing they'll get rid of Ozzie to use Sean some more. )
Old 12-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Part-Time Fan

The first two episodes really got me excited to watch the rest of the show. I thought i was going to be a die hard Naomi/Ethan fan after that. I loved the part where she opens the door to let him in after the whole thing at her b-day party. Right off the bat, you could feel what they had. I still like the idea of them but the writing is going a different direction. I guess i have to follow it.

For the future, i wish friendships/relationships would be given more time to develop. I mean, if i hate someone, it's going to last for more than one freakin episode.

I'm excited about January though. The promo makes it look really good.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:52 PM
Supreme Fan

My favorite episodes so far have been Lucky Strike, Wide Awake and Dreaming, and Hollywood Forever.

icon - Alexa
Old 12-03-2008, 08:16 PM
Master Fan

My faves have been Wide Awake and Dreaming, There's No Place Like Homecoming, and Games People Play. All had really good Annie/Ethan scenes that I loved.
I love you
meghan
Old 12-04-2008, 03:25 AM
Loyal Fan

My favourite has been Lucky Strike... They used Silver in an awesome way which also tied into the past and the original 90210. It showed a soft side of both Silver and Dixon and gave the fans a look into Dixon's past.

What other eps... Wide Awake and Dreaming and Model Behvaiour.

In these episodes, I think they used all the actors really well and had 'real' storylines
Old 12-04-2008, 09:56 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeluvzya (View Post)
What other eps... Wide Awake and Dreaming and Model Behvaiour.

In these episodes, I think they used all the actors really well and had 'real' storylines
Care to elaborate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lafs1684 (View Post)
My favorite episodes so far have been Lucky Strike, Wide Awake and Dreaming, and Hollywood Forever.
Care to elaborate?
Old 12-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Part-Time Fan

I can't wait until January. It sounds like more drama is coming, and it's finally going to be kind of where the old 90210 was drama wise.
Old 12-04-2008, 01:31 PM
Absolute Fan

The bubble .
I have to see 3 last episode, but this one is when I fell in love with Naomi/Ethan, and I understand Naomi so much

Well, really I like 1x03 too

Still cute remember!!
Old 12-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJ (View Post)
Care to elaborate?
Lol... Sure

Wide Awake and Dreaming was fantastic for so many reasons. *sigh* . Silver and Dixon's first kiss and the adorable flirtatious banter... Annie not being protrayed as an innocent little girl. ANd it showed that Annie/Shenae is a talented little singer! Brenda was in the ep, which is always a huge positive.

Model Behaviour finally saw the writers do something with Adrianna other than being strung out, and they began to redeem her character by confesssing to Annie what happened in the hotel room in Wide Awake and Dreaming. It was adorable seeing Dixon stand up to that creep hitting on Silver by hitting him And their scene towards the end was absolutely sweet . And the Kelly/Silver interaction was LONG overdue and awesome.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audrey7 (View Post)
I'm excited about January though. The promo makes it look really good.
Are you kidding? The promo TERRIFIES ME! It's so ominus!! Im sure it will be filled with drama but I'm not sure if I want that kind of drama! Lol
Old 12-04-2008, 05:58 PM
Obsessed Fan

I totally suggested we make a thread like this in the post count thread, then looked up and realized we already had one. I have got to start paying better attention.

I think that There's No Place Like Homecoming was one of my favs... as a general rule I liked the later episodes better. At this point I don't think that any episode has been gut-wrenching amazing. Definitely see the potential for it, though. Definitely.

My favorite storylines have been Adrianna's drug addiction and Naomi dealing with her parents divorce. The scene with Naomi out to dinner with her dad and his mistress was priceless.

Old 12-04-2008, 06:12 PM
Master Fan

My favorite is Lucky Strike, it had really good character development for Silver and it also established a special bond between S/D
other than that there have been certain scenes in other episodes that I consider to be favorites; medicated Silver was hilarious, though completely random I enjoyed the scenes with the girls hanging out together and the ending of Hollywood Forever

With respect to what 2009 will bring, I know what I want it to bring but will not : a SL for Silver Thats just not happening but I can keep hoping
It would be great if story lines lasted more than one or two episodes and if they actually gave the characters some flaws, allowed them to make mistakes, I think certain flaws were established for most of them, the writers just need to concentrate on those rather than trying to make them all be great kids

Old 12-04-2008, 06:17 PM
Obsessed Fan

Word to your entire post.

Silver has so much potential, and it's being squandered almost completely. How did her mommy issues just go away? Isn't it hard to live with your sister? (Have her make rules for you, etc.)

I'd like to see more with the blog, as well.

Maybe something happens that she wants to talk about on her blog badly, but it involves Annie or Dixon, or hell, even Harry, and she's afraid about hurting Dixon/Annie. Maybe she wants to do a piece on fakeson!Sean, and has to choose between her no holds bar, talk about anything lifestyle and her growing love for her man.

Even that would be a huge step up from what they've been doing with her lately.