Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 07-12-2015, 11:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Episode Discussion 2x01 (#2) - To New Beginnings

(Banner credit to Rella )

2.01: To New Beginnings
Airdate: September 8, 2009

SUMMER SCHOOL IS OUT AT WEST BEV AND THE KIDS HIT THE BEVERLY HILLS BEACH CLUB! The group of friends from West Beverly were forced to attend summer school after Annie (Shenae Grimes) called the police on Naomi's (AnnaLynne McCord) after-prom party. Naomi, Silver (Jessica Stroup) and Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes) have formed a close friendship over the summer, while Annie has isolated herself from her friends and family, worried about her hit-and-run accident on prom night. For the remainder of the summer, everyone hangs out at the Beverly Hills Beach Club, where Naomi and Silver meet Teddy (guest star Trevor Donovan, "Days of Our Lives"), a pro-tennis player and the son of a famous movie star. Adrianna is surprised to see her childhood boyfriend and Navid (Michael Steger) organizes a romantic evening with Adrianna, with hopes of finally losing his virginity. Dixon (Tristan Wilds) and Silver try to make their relationship work but a text message may force Dixon to ends things once and for all. Rob Estes, Lori Loughlin and Ryan Eggold also star.

Last edited by Alexa; 07-12-2015 at 11:10 PM
Old 07-12-2015, 11:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

love silver’s hair… ades, not so much. I’m not sure i feel the trio friendship only because i feel like silvers personality was so different. i realize they sort of became friends again last year but at the end of the year silver was going through so many issues. idk, ill try to look the other way considering it was an entire summer.

it was good to see ade going through some issues after giving up the baby. but, Ade, I am pretty sure you can have sex with your boyfriend without having drama? LOL I feel really bad for Navid, seeing him watching ade/teddy together. how unfortunate.

how is silver still trying to decide between ethan and dixon after an entire summer? did they not talk about it? Dixon/Silver bore me as usual. and its not good that she didnt tell him she kissed ethan. So glad Ethan is deciding to stay in Montana.

its hard watching annie be so upset and wallowing in her misery all summer. i cant believe she didn’t come forward over the hit and run? it feels very out of character IMO. i mean i get her being upset but then being so rude to her family was strange. Mark is hot. Too bad he turned out to be an ass. why are they torturing her by having this guy take photos of her? and then naomi sending it out? WTF. that was way too far.

i dont really blame dixon for thinking that annie slept with liam. she didnt apologize about the summer school thing, he’s right about that and then she didnt even tell him the truth about the hit and run or do a very good job of trying to defend herself. lol

Naomi’s storyline with the old guy was really random and boring. who cares? But her having a crush on teddy is hilarious. its hard shipping him with anyone (even though i do like his flirtation with silver) after knowing they make him gay later and he was such a schemer at first, but i guess it was all part of his act.

seeing liam at the end actually made me really happy. i forgot how much i missed him. lol. even if he is a douche.

I don’t even wanna talk about the dance scene. So embarrassing.
Old 07-13-2015, 02:45 AM
Elite Fan

That dance scene

Silver came back a completely different character looking back. I get they were trying to establish a trio but I just couldn't buy the three as pals esp Silver and Ade. I bought Naomi as pals with them both.

If Teddy had been cast more age appropriate I think he would have been a completely different character..

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 07-14-2015, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

i bought them being friendly sure, but i think id rather have just seen naomi/ade having fun. them all going to the beach club just felt a bit forced to me and i would have liked to see that friendship develop more. like maybe naomi could have invited silver during the summer school. idk. something else.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:21 AM
Elite Fan

I wish they'd explored Naomi/Silver more in season one. I always liked the backstory there and would rather see them slowly go back to being pals rather then just straight away have Silver as bff to both girls.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 07-15-2015, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Star

yeah it could have been such a good storyline to have them slowly warming up to each other, it sucks they just glossed over it.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

The show constantly did that. They switched things up every season and pretended like stuff didn't happen. I loved Dixon, so I hated Silver from season one finale on. I loved Annie in this episode and wished that mark could have become a full time character. I was the only one, but I liked him
Emily
Old 07-15-2015, 03:13 AM
Elite Fan

I liked Mark too and thought he had potential. Did he appear after the sext storyline at all?

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 07-15-2015, 02:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

The poker episode, he blackmailed Dixon into giving him the key to the school. His friends and him trashed the school. Also with the Jasper thing, he appeared.
Emily
Old 07-15-2015, 03:56 PM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah now I remember him. I liked the actor, too bad I never saw him another role.

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 07-15-2015, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

He did an episode of the Vampire Diaries, he was in the movie Easy A, he got a recurring role on a show called young and the restless.
Emily
Old 07-16-2015, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Star

i liked mark too, he was funny.
Old 07-16-2015, 01:25 PM
Fan Forum Star

I wanted him to become a regular. I liked him way more than Teddy (Trevor)

Oh and Silver agreeing with Naomi that Annie was a skank? Girl.... Kettle to pot, kettle to pot come in pot....
Emily

Last edited by Barstool Prophet; 07-16-2015 at 03:03 PM