Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 12-03-2011, 10:16 PM
Elite Fan

Previously on 90210....Liam's cologne career became less rosy when he got sprung from the pony, Jeremy robbed Annie of pennies, and Navid got fake lucky with his fake cop lady.

So Dixon actually is getting lucky for real, but his rehab is done? This drug storyline is such a bust. I almost wish they had given it to Navid just because they'd likely show him acting off the rails and then there'd be a reason why he's a ghost in certain episodes. Anyways, thanks Random Blonde Hippie for interrupting. He already looks high. I guess he missed his roommate so much he had to see Dixon's chest one more time. It's hilarious that Dixon doesn't complain. What's that about?

Ivy, Annie, and Silver are watching Scream 4 in espanol on Telemundo but Naomi thinks horror movies aren't sexy so she robs the room of darkness. The sunlight has the girls reacting like vampires and melts Ivy's Ben and Jerry. Ben and Jerry are Ivy's new boyfriends post-Raj and they have a rocky road relationship. Naomi tells the girls to either get Fendi sunglasses or get new hunks because nobody's paying for cable except her. Anyway, Annie's particularly dinged since she's got inheritance cheddar. Yes, Annie, pay that rent. You've been living at that house for free and you didn't even make the turkey on Thanksgiving. Where's that paper?
Naomi brings out some paper and announces she's into fashion design. You know how they could've properly built this up? Show Naomi in a design class. You know like how they could've shown Ivy in a photography class. These writers probably just had her doodle some lines and hearts with Austin in the center, call it a muumuu, and send it off via FedEx. That or they found a fashion design book in the corner. Silver speaks for all when she says: "You want to be a fashion designer?" Keep in mind, that's the closest friend she has. I mean, it's not a shock and I like it but it'd be nice if they did this instead of having Naomi throw a party every six seconds. "Everybody's going to be wearing Naomi Clark." The girls are like TMI. Ivy goes back to her spoon, Silver goes back to her horror flick, and Annie goes back to counting out her imaginary cash with her fingers.

Why does Navid look like he's been out camping on a mountain for a month? He looks ready to go chop some wood. I guess I know where he disappeared to. And he's still living in Silver's garage...pathetic. I'd ask where Leila is but something tells me she got smart and moved in with Alfalfa while Navid was cooking bison meat. Navid thinks he's come up with some master plan to catch Uncle Amal but Kat rightly tells him he's dumb as an ox. No offense to oxen. Kat cares about Navid because she thinks his naivete is charming. Hey, Kat, allow me to introduce you to Adrianna. She tells him to be patient which is impossible with Navid. After she leaves, Navid goes off to play Oregon Trail in his jammies and dies since he can't provide for Leila and his family.

Liam. He is a treat and a half this season. He just gives me so much ammunition to use. Count Courtula is strolling the beach in designer shoes and the man gets extra excited. But he makes up an excuse and tells Courtula he's there for his daughter's b-day party. Her name is Abby and so the father looked for Ab-Man. The girls come over to drag Courtula into their love den so he can bite their necks and cry when he melts. Sparkle, Liam! Sparkle!
Liam's fangs are tired so he escapes, only to meet Lucinda the Second, the blood-sucking vampiress that drinks young male blood. Lucinda the Second tells Liam she owns him and to stop pouting those fresh, pink lips. To her, he's Brandon with guyliner. Liam doesn't want to do her tricks but Lucinda the Second says when she says jump, he better do it. Liam takes off his designer shoes and Riverdances, kicking sand into her smug face.

Oh look, it's Project Runway for CU Coeds. Never mind what I said. The writer obviously just watched a PR marathon for inspiration instead, complete with Tim Gunn's British Younger Brother. His accent is C-level at best but he informs Naomi of the major news....Janice Dickinson is going to be a judge. Yay, the students clap. Wait, is Janice Dickinson on ANTM anymore? No? No? Ehhhh, think the students. Don't you know how hard it is to get a job for a young person? JD could've been a serious contact. Fail. Holly's already ordering stuff from Mood (plug!) and comes in to steal Naomi's five-day old dreams. Holly just shows up for drama...it's getting kind of old. But if anybody can entertain us as they redesign a rivalry, it's our girl. Make it work, Naomi!

The Three Whistling Stooges walk past Teddy. They haven't realized they all can't marry each other. Teddy drinks a beer because apparently Liam can bypass all the laws of the state, and Silver wants some alcohol and forgiveness. She'll get both cause she's Silver. The video has ruined Teddy's life and he's jetting as far away from these drama-attracting kids as he can. A tennis camp at London? Cool. Can I bum a ride? This is actually a great scene. They would shove off Teddy just as he's getting more interesting. He tells Silver he needs a first-class ticket. Silver slips off then and takes a beer from a twenty-five year old to drown her sorrows. The girl will forgive her because she's Silver.

Annie walks past a bunch of women who have to work out to be as skinny as her. Merry Christmas, metabolism haters. She goes to track down the one dude that hates her, Jeremy, who can see the dollar signs in Annie's eyes. Just cause I'm wearing green doesn't mean you get the green, argues Jeremy. Marla liked me, claims Annie. Gimme half. You don't have proof. Jeremy wipes the sweat from his muscles. Buy me a Jambo Juice and I'll think about it, says Jeremy. Heck no, replies Annie. I'll think about it, says Jeremy. You got a couple days, says Annie. Peaaaaaaaace.

Ade hates Dixon's friend and he's the only nineteen-year old that can't get a beer out of her. She gives him a root beer but doesn't use a coaster so when Liam comes in he can yell at J.D. who I'm gonna call Just Dumb because none of his logic makes a lick of sense. Imperial Interchange? What is this? Luke Skywalker's band that he formed after he retired? Ade knows these two have lost it for being excited. Just say no to drugs, kids. It ruins your musical taste.

Holly and Naomi only have fifteen minutes to come up with their outfits, assuming you don't factor in the commercials. They have to get their models in and out of the L' Oreal Make-Up Room in twenty seconds or Heidi Klum will kill them. Tim Gunn's British Younger Brother gives his three seconds of encouragement and tells Holly she needs a belt. Naomi offers to spruce up the competish and Tim Gunn's Bro says she's pretty. Who's winning now, Holly Holl? Holly goes back to her table to make her striped shirt into a dress for Annie.

Teddy's throwing darts because Navid stopped bogarting the game. Liam's booked for Naomi's show since Nina Garcia saw the Liam billboard and wants to personally cover his abs. A Marie Claire shoot is only a moment away. Shane comes in when he hears Teddy and Liam planning a beach date. Liam knows he's that good but wants to go boss Ade around...in a private conference. Teddy understands and talks things out with Shane, who's going to Georgetown to track down Brangelina and work for a gay non-profit. Shane tells him Silver's worth forgiving....of course she is. She's Silver. I'm surprised they remembered Teddy's dad was a movie star. Where is Spence Montgomery? Making bad movies? Sipping cognac and laughing that the writers didn't make him the hobo hitter? This dude never paid for his problems and Teddy's got massive problems while doing nothing. Oh the humanity. Teddy doesn't want to be on the View; he wants to be on Live with Regis and Kelly. Nobody told Teddy Regis retired. Shane says he's jealous that Teddy has better hair than him, which he can use to make an impact since it was feature in the video. He also says he cares for Teddy and if he'll come with him, they can find Regis and have a rockin' good time on the East Coast, baby. Teddy must choose between Regis-promising Ryan and London tennis short-clad lads.

Navid's flannel doesn't make him a man like he wanted so he calls Silver over to close the window. Silver shows him how to do it because she's Silver. They tumble onto the bed which hasn't been used for months and that was by Alfalfa/Leila. Silver commands him not to open the window anymore. Yes, ma'am, says Navid. He makes an attempt to get back with her but she says don't call her unless he learns how to close the cabinet. Navid gets to practicing. Silver says forget it, they're through, she's met someone. A man that can close every window on God's green earth. Hey, Navid? Mr. Window. Aeyeah, aeyeah. Mr. Windoooooooow....

Teddy's last game of volleyball with the boys, and when I say boys, I mean Ivy, and not Navid. Dixon kinda sucks. I guess they didn't have volleyball in Bev Hills Rehab of Ridiculously Short Stays. Even Ivy laughs at him. She's high on ice cream sugar and will laugh at anyone though. Navid just showed up on the sand and they feel sorry for him and sit down. Ummm, Navid, if your best friend tells you Silver has a new guy? Whatever. Navid is that deluded so it makes sense. This is a very good scene...it's almost like these guys are friends. Shocker. I've always enjoyed Ivy/guys scenes. Their friendships are a lot more believable than 80% of the female friendships. Ivy tells Teddy he's going to the fashion show or she'll volleyball him in the balls. Teddy wants to see Liam do his thangy thang so he gives in. Navid invites himself after several awkward pauses. Ha!

Annie doesn't deserve this hot lawyer. He's so hot he got Marla's family to split the inheritance. They were like mmmm, where do I sign? Oh look, some continuity! Annie sold her necklace to put herself and Dixon through college, and now she has to get it back. I knew that necklace was going to come back to haunt her. It was THAT big. Good-Looking Lawyer lays it out for Annie so he can increase his fee. But Annie ain't got the fees yet. Operation Necklace time! Luckily Annie knows all about Ebay now. Or she could have Naomi make a copy for her out of thumbtacks and paper clips. This is how eighteen year olds make rent.

Ade thinks Dixon is dumb for going out on a date with Just Dumb. She finds Dixon's screwed up performance during the benefit...they sure like to put these kids on YouTube ....because she totally pwned that performance. Dixon better recognize....that he's an addict. He says he's going and he'll bring Ade back a T-shirt. Ade Googles the band to see if they make cute ones.

Naomi orders a bunch of random men around.....yeah, that sounds about right...and has bad memories of being a pirate. Understood...she kissed Austin that night. Liam's excited he gets to walk the plank while Holly stalks her prey. If Holly scores Liam, she knows Annie will come to the show. I see what you're doing, Holly. They tug on Liam's shirt because everybody wants a piece of the Abs-Man. The sororistute owns Liam and Naomi can shove it up her tin foil-covered butt. Liam says he can't break his contract for his sexy ex unless Naomi wears her pirate costume in the show. It was a rental. Naomi's screwed. She must walk the plank and drown.

Somebody's doing coke off his Smartphone, and Just Dumb/Dixon walk into the evil lair of drugs. This is the lamest party. Nobody's dancing or talking loudly or anything. But the majority of them act like Dixon/Just Dumb are nobodies so I guess that's realistic. "You guys rocked my face off tonight." Dixon's such a dork. Never change. Coked-Up Kid Rock tells Dixon his tracks are hot but he was high most of the time so....yeah. He offers Dixon a blunt and Dixon says no. He doesn't want to wind up like Just Dumb and use "powder my nose" as an excuse to go to the bathroom. Coked-Up Kid Rock and Dixon are going to kick it after they lock Just Dumb in the bathroom.

I was right about the Navid/Ronnie scene. I guess since Teddy's mad at her, she needs a new guy to hang out with. Shane made the list, and nobody phoned Ronnie to share the news. Womp womp. I got my gay man, but it's nice to see ya, Ron. Navid jumped in Teddy's car as he was pulling off to go to the fashion show, and hit his forehead after Teddy tried to close the door. That's why he's rubbing his forehead. He gets jealous of Hibiscus Ronnie/Silver and plans to throw the hibiscus in Ronnie's face. He can't close a window but he can close a conversation.

Naomi made her dress out of old pillowcases and the rest of her designs out of tin foil/crepe paper. Heidi Klum is horrified but there are no alternatives. I guess we're just lucky they're not naked. Liam wears an outfit that would make Lady Gaga scream and tries to convince Naomi she can't be mad at him. She's still seething about his bad cooking skills so they're done talking. Holly tells Liam to get to walking. Holly's stank for stealing Naomi's designs but they're not good designs so I can't be too mad. Liam looks like a basted turkey tucked in tin foil. We're all getting a serving of him tonight.

Just Dumb broke the lock so Dixon couldn't lock the bathroom. He's powdering his nose with cocaine he found on a floor tile while Dixon starts freaking out about the band with the bad name. You know what would've been helpful? Actually seeing Dixon in rehab because then we'd see more of his struggle rather than know he wasn't going to do anything. Sigh. If he never relapses, I'm just going to throw up my hands. Instead, Adrianna cures him of his addiction. I guess we aren't going to see any of the experts who are trained in this field to help him out. Instead we get Just Dumb ruining his sex life and sniffing blow.

Noami's finally going to make this craziness work and snip up her snazzy tin foil outfits. So how did Holly steal Naomi's work? Did she find Naomi's fashion coloring book? When did she have time to copy them without Naomi knowing? No explanation. Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. What a weird song for a fashion show. Screaming you want Cherry Cola? The models look legit so I'll give them credit there.
The model bumps into Liam and tells him he's a disaster. This gives Liam an idea because he can't come up with his own half the time. Girl, shake that...yeah, girl shake that....Liam shake that.... This is funny. Liam's a total ham and a himbo. He's a hambo. He takes one for the team and Holly's a bigger loser than the first designer voted off Project Run(a)way. The gang is impressed especially Teddy who's been waiting his whole life for this moment. This was the way to send him off into the wild blue yonder.

Dixon rejects Just Dumb's drugs and creates a remix. This is the only Dixanna I really like....the musical duet. Although if it happens everytime and Ade doesn't do anything other than baby-sit Dixon, I'm going to get bored really fast.

Annie missed half the fashion show because she could pay for half the ticket. With Annie, it's all about halfsies. Silver orders Ronnie to get her a drink. He will because she's Silver. Navid mans up (temporarily) and tells Ronnie Silver is his woman. Ronnie says he bats for the other team and he can close a window, chump. Silver is ticked; her back-up gay pal got bothered by her ex boytoy. I knew Silver would come over and yell at him. Navid's that predictable that I called it weeks ago. Silver mentions Kat. Uh-oh, Navid's in trouble. Someone came along to bust his bubble. Silver's off to get her drink from Ronnie. She needs it.

Annie mentions how big the necklace is. We know this, Annie. Liam notices Annie because she's all sparkly and asks what the haps is. He offers to help her but Annie will handle her own rich girl problems. Liam has enough money to help all his friends. He's going to treat Ivy to a sundae later.

Silver's mad her drink got ruined by a flower. I actually love Silver's little outfit. It's like she stepped off a perfume ad. Anyway, Teddy wears cologne to rub it in Liam's face, and Silver can smell him coming up behind her. She tosses her flower and Teddy picks it up for her. He's her platonic prince. They will live happily ever after because he forgives her and because she's Silver. "I have no clue what people would do without a little Silver in their life." Keep their boyfriends, Too soon? Teddy's going to say cheerio, London, and hello, politics.

Naomi's trash collection stomps the runway. Complete with crystallized eyebrows, shredded tin foil, and big hair, it looks like it's the baby of the movie Mannequin and Just Dumb's latest acid trip. Teddy and Silver recoil in horror. Liam thinks it's the awesome. Naomi can't resist a runway so she shreds white jeans and a silver tablecloth to walk her Debbie Harry-self down the path. Timm Gunn's British Younger Brother runs for the hills. Of course the rest of them applaud her. Are they on the drugs Dixon didn't take?

Naomi brushes off the klepto ****'s haterade and it turns ugly. Not as ugly as the outfits, but ugly. So she did steal the sketchbook? And she thought it was good? Holly's an idiot. She's also envious and you can tell because she's in green and green with envy. Girlfight. This is what they should've been clapping for. Janice Dickinson tells them they suck. That's the smartest thing anybody's said all episode. She's usually more funny. What a waste of a cameo. Naomi, if you smized, you would've been in. Smize, Naomi! Smiiiiize. Like Tyra.

It'd be funny if Kat is prolonging the case so she can be around Navid. Funny because she'd actually put in work to be with this dude. Navid whines because he still can't close that stupid window after he opened it again. Kat will be over later with tools.

The jeweler is tired of hearing about Annie's rich girl problems. Annie makes a last ditch effort to get the necklace but it's so big that the jeweler sold it to the first man that walked in. Jeremy or Liam. Jeremy would exercise with it and Liam would work it out on the runway. Sashay, shante!

Pam Grier comes in and tells Naomi she's got talent in something else. Naomi says she's not doing that for money cause Annie's got the market cornered. Naomi's got a new job! She can make her rent.

When did Teddy and Ade get friendly again? What the? It would've been nice to see them reconnect. I guess Ade was too busy working or telling Dixon to get off the drugs. Naomi tries to get a last mani-pedi out of Teddy who doesn't do bunions. We'll miss you most of all, Scarecrow, says Liam because Liam thinks any male with blonde hair is a scarecrow. Teddy's off on the campaign trail with his fake husband because that's what he signed up for. Silver gets to drive him because....let's say it together....she's Silver!
This is sad. I despised Teddy when he first got here. He helped dismantle Sixon and he hogged so much screentime, but now I wish he'd had more screentime and I enjoy having him on the show. Oh showrunners, this was a deep cut.

Holly and Naomi talk it out and call a truce, since buddying up with Naomi will lead Holly to Annie. She will pay Annie's rent. Oh no!! Pam Grier is Holly's devilish mumsy. The rivalry continues. Sigh.

I feel like they're just dragging plots now. Not that I didn't enjoy a good chunk of the ep because I did (lots of good group scenes) but are any of these storylines going to end? Who knows how long Teddy's would've lasted if he stuck around? Come on maaaan. I did like that Annie's inheritance plot got picked up again, and I did like that we had Liam/Naomi and Ivy/boys scenes for the first time in forever. And no Austin or too many annoying guest stars.

The writers need to be a little more imaginative and makes some interesting decisions because a lot of this is getting old fast. They just pick out a popular TV show/film for Naomi and translate it to screen. It's kinda laughable. Dixon and Navid's storylines are just not good enough. Then they spend half the time whining. Liam's good for comic relief and friendship scenes, I guess. Meh. I'll give this a B - since Teddy's storyline was good and I wasn't that bored.

Annie longs to take Jeremy's family jewels, Just Dumb and Holly acted like total fools, and Teddy waves sayonara to play by his own rules. It don't matter what you do....cause everything looks good on you....supermodel! I do the Abs-Man strut and close the window!

icon

Last edited by Mayberry; 12-03-2011 at 10:39 PM
Old 12-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayberry (View Post)
So Dixon actually is getting lucky for real, but his rehab is done?
Elapsed time in rehab. From before Thanksgiving it was 14 days, he only had a 1 day visit, after that it's 2 - 3 more weeks. Next wk. we're in X-Mas. Keep up May.

Quote:
This drug storyline is such a bust. I almost wish they had given it to Navid just because they'd likely show him acting off the rails and then there'd be a reason why he's a ghost in certain episodes.
After rewatching his story the other day. They showed you everything pretty realistic in his addiction. What you don't get so I can explain it.

Quote:
Anyways, thanks Random Blonde Hippie for interrupting. He already looks high. I guess he missed his roommate so much he had to see Dixon's chest one more time. It's hilarious that Dixon doesn't complain. What's that about?
most likely for comedy and showing Ade & Dixon have a wild sexlife, they actually don't remember to lock doors.

Sucks that I'm going to miss Teddy.

"We're a badass team, remember?" - Ade
Old 12-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Elite Fan

I am keeping up and I think it was too short a stay, especially since we never saw him interact with anybody in there. You never see him actually do the drugs. You never see him talk to a professional. To me, it felt like three weeks of what Naomi called Dixon's "spa/rehab vacay" because all we did was see him walk in and out. Is he getting post-rehab counselling? Is he going to AA? Did he tell his parents? Did an expert say that he should stay out of the music industry? I feel like we missed out on a lot and Tristan missed out on a lot of opportunities.

icon
Old 12-03-2011, 11:10 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I am keeping up and I think it was too short a stay, especially since we never saw him interact with anybody in there. You never see him actually do the drugs. You never see him talk to a professional. To me, it felt like three weeks of what Naomi called Dixon's "spa/rehab vacay" because all we did was see him walk in and out. Is he getting post-rehab counselling? Is he going to AA? Did he tell his parents? Did an expert say that he should stay out of the music industry? I feel like we missed out on a lot and Tristan missed out on a lot of opportunities.
I think they just didn't want to show black kid snorting, fan negative reaction here. But they pretty much told us he did since 4.04. It's suppose to look like this is happening behind closed doors and no one sees it. We saw a professional bringing him in, but yeh that part upset me. I would've wanted to see atleast a quick scene showing his admitting in the center. Naomi called it like it was. That was a rich place Annie sent him to. She didn't have to pick that spot but did b/c it was the best in LA. I don't think he's going to LA b/c he hasn't fell off again. He did rehab, they deemed him clean for 28+ days, they made him occupy his time w/ potery, remember the pot he gave Annie, that was his rehab activity. I think the rehab scenes and the snorting scenes was what he was robbed of, but the bathroom scene where he looked like he was going to sniff was awesome.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Elite Fan

Why do the black kid drug storyline if they're concerned about it at all?

I did like that scene but how much better would it have been if we saw how deep his demons really went? That's what made Ade's scene of snorting coke in the bathroom so good....we knew her mom was pushing her to succeed and we saw Ade unravelling in different ways. It helped to have some adults along for the ride. I don't know. They act like these kids are twenty-five or older so maybe they have some bias against adults/parents nowadays.

icon
Old 12-03-2011, 11:22 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Why do the black kid drug storyline if they're concerned about it at all?

I did like that scene but how much better would it have been if we saw how deep his demons really went? That's what made Ade's scene of snorting coke in the bathroom so good....we knew her mom was pushing her to succeed and we saw Ade unravelling in different ways. It helped to have some adults along for the ride. I don't know. They act like these kids are twenty-five or older so maybe they have some bias against adults/parents nowadays.
B/c they wanted Dixon to have the storyline.

Don't forget the scenes in which he's in druggie swet too. Meaning he was still snorting, Ade should've trusted her instincts but trusted him too much. And before he started spinning at Naomi's party he snorted the pills.

We're also assuming CW can show this stuff anymore. Remember this isn't S1 and after Skins on MTV got canned, people are taking it more careful. I think they can't afford more cast too. Hence cut time, cut cast and sets. For the kids they want to show how they get into trouble and fix thier own problems, essentially defining them as individuals. I think there is way more to come from this, they haven't even touched on Dixon's father, who was a drug addict.

Old 12-03-2011, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

I actually think he should've went on stage, stuck up the joint, and then turned to drugs, been successful for a bit, and have his nose bleed during the benefit. I never understand why this show doesn't go for the maximum dramatic moment. That way you can see Dixon fail and triumph, have a genuine journey. I don't feel like I'm asking for too much because all it would take is a scene here and there. They wouldn't have to show him doing the drugs that way but they could still show the consequences, peaks and valleys. I don't regret that they gave Dix this storyline but I regret that it didn't serve Tristan better.

icon
Old 12-03-2011, 11:35 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I actually think he should've went on stage, stuck up the joint, and then turned to drugs, been successful for a bit, and have his nose bleed during the benefit. I never understand why this show doesn't go for the maximum dramatic moment. That way you can see Dixon fail and triumph, have a genuine journey. I don't feel like I'm asking for too much because all it would take is a scene here and there. They wouldn't have to show him doing the drugs that way but they could still show the consequences, peaks and valleys. I don't regret that they gave Dix this storyline but I regret that it didn't serve Tristan better.
CW PG. I know. It's still a shock how many were effected by Dixon's story. It's like ok calm down, they didn't show the real dirty scenes. Dixon crushing pills and snorting. I mean that would've been amazing for Tristan, but I think 9O21O just didn't want to risk it. Like I said Skin US messed it up for US teen TV in general when advertisers started pulling out for thier train wreck stories showing just kids getting high and getting near naked in pointless arcs.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:56 AM
Elite Fan

Ugh Skins-US was almost soulless. I love Skins-UK because those kids had substance, but the kids in the US version were just, awful. All of them.

kenny | credit
Old 12-04-2011, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Finally watched the episode. I really liked it. The show has just gotten so much better. I'm really enjoying it at the moment. Nearly every character is coming across as likeable.

That being said, they really need to drop the Annie/inheritance thing. I am enjoying Annie's money/prostitution problems but her entitlement over Marla's money is doing her no favours. She knew the woman for like a week. I know she was kind to her but honestly the necklace should have been enough seeing as it got her into college. And I hate that she keeps calling it her money, it's not. She did absolutely nothing to deserve it. I'm not saying the family did either but the fact that she knew Marla for like a 2 weeks tops. She just seems so so greedy. Also, why the stink face when Naomi mentioned rent? It's hardly that unreasonable a request.

The Naomi/Holly food has become really boring. I can't stand Holly. I am glad we got some Naomi/Liam scenes though. I don't think that I would ever root for them romantically again but I would love some sort of a friendship between the two of them.

Teddy's send off was quite nicely put together. I was sorry to see him go in the end. I'm glad that he seemed to get closure though with everything. I'm sure they'll invite him back for the series finale or something.

God Navid is just painfully annoying. I also didn't get why he wasn't there to say goodbye to Teddy.

Dixon and Adrianna are adorable. Is everyone ok with her now? Nobody seemed to have any sort of reaction to her and Dixon...

My Tumblr
My Twitter
Old 12-04-2011, 07:22 PM
Part-Time Fan

I just caught up on the last 4 episodes so I'll just stick all my thoughts in this thread.

I really don't know what to say about Navid/Silver. Both characters have progressively gotten worse each season and IMO they have suffered more than any other characters because of all the writing/showrunner changes (one could argue that Naomi's merry go round of men doesn't help her, but at least her characterization has been fairly consistent). The ironic thing is that I don't know if I want Navid and Silver to break up because I'm afraid they'll infect the other characters on the show and I actually like everyone else right now (for the most part).

Anytime a character can disappear for episodes at a time like Navid and have most people either not care or celebrate the fact that he isn't on, something is wrong. Both Silver and Navid were both incredibly interesting and popular characters in season one - look at this board now - even the Silver thread is discussing how boring she is and how much they've changed her. That's really unfortunate.

Anyway a few comments:
Naomi works best on her own. She's just one of those characters, like Valerie, that works better as a standalone character than in a relationship. I think that is why they constantly change her love interest. Her antics are infinitely entertaining and she's been fairly consistent through four seasons.

Silver, sigh, how great she once was. I was a Dixon/Silver shipper, I don't know how I would feel about a reunion. Silver is merely a shell of her former self and while Jessica is a great actress, Silver has become a really dull character to me. Everything that was once unique and refreshing about her is pretty much gone. While she and Teddy as a romantic pair was awful, I did like their friendship so it's unfortunate he's gone (but all together I didn't like Teddy anyway so maybe it isn't so unfortunate).

Dixon's drug storyline is so halfway done that it is hard to get invested. They aren't putting nearly as much effort into this as they did Adrianna's so it is hard to care - even if I think Adrianna and Dixon have interesting chemistry. There's something that feels very temporary about them and the story. Also, when this show started I believe the idea was that Dixon was the new Brandon. It seems as though somewhere in the last two seasons they've decided Dixon is the new David. Oh consistency, where are thou?

Adrianna was one of my favorites the past two seasons. While everyone was hating her, I totally got where she was coming from even though they took it entirely too far. I always side with the underdog who is often demonized or sacrificed to make others (Navid/Silver) look better. Had the story been told more evenly than I would have felt differently, but as it were, it just seemed like they had Adrianna go full on evil to mask the fact that Navid and Silver were douches. Perhaps if as many characters were upset with Navid & Silver for what they did as they were with Adrianna I would have felt differently.

I like Liam well enough, but his abs aren't all that lol. I'm so tired of hearing about them. I think Matt plays him pretty well (and the character is a definite step up from Ethan - the most poorly written character in this show's short history IMO). I wish they would make him a bit darker, I still don't buy him as the bad boy that they want everyone to believe he is, but he has nice chemistry with everyone on the show.

Up until Raj joined the show I really had no use for Ivy. She was just incredibly irritating to me, but I think this story is really helping Gillian show her acting chops - I've felt sorry for Ivy and sympathized with her more than I ever thought I would.

Well whaddya know, Annie who I used to want to throttle or FF on a weekly basis is pretty likable to me these days. Who knew?

Oh and Austin needs to adios!

Just some thoughts, and I realize I am late with them lol.
Old 12-04-2011, 08:26 PM
Elite Fan

^ I hope you post in the ep threads more. Very insightful comments.

And I never miss Austin when he's gone.

icon
Old 12-04-2011, 11:17 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
And I never miss Austin when he's gone.

*bang bang*

Old 10-11-2015, 07:24 PM
Fan Forum Star

not feeling liam's storyline at all. what a snoozefest! hate his new agent lady. him walking funny on the runway was hilarious though. and i loved seeing liam try to be there for annie.

i like that dixon didnt use but he basically stole ades song? lol. i guess they are two peas in a pod!

to be honest i am not that sad to see teddy go, he also didnt have much story left to tell and he bored me. i loved ivy's speech to him about not being such a wimp. and its right, he's being such a downer and running away from his problems.

i dont think annie is necessarily entitled to marla's money but marla did leave it to her. it was her money to give away. and her rude family that had nothing to do with her shouldn't necessarily get it either so it may as well go to annie. lol.

I'm okay with navid and silver not being together but i wish they would just let them be friends again. all the drama is annoying and i know its going to drag on forever.

i also find it weird navid doesn't know about dixon and adrianna and navid/ade have had zero interaction all season.

naomi's designs were fug.
Old 10-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Elite Fan

Why did Teddy actually leave in the end? I couldn't remember.

My Tumblr
My Twitter